ADVERTISEMENT

jerk, made a business decision

benchwarmer04

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2004
to say it's anything else is a betrayal of the truth. jerk had three go rounds with his relationship with pitt. he spurned the university twice. his talking now-is a load of mouthwash. his handlers told him if he still holds out any, even feint hope to play at the next level-then go where you can. the PR spin in this case makes me nauseous.. what does pitt lose in letting a new arrival go through real game actionfor the future.

to say it's anything else is a betrayal of the truth. jerk had three go rounds with his relationship with pitt. he spurned the university twice. his talking now-is a load of mouthwash. his handlers told him if he still holds out any, even feint hope to play at the next level-then go where you can. the PR spin in this case makes me nauseous.. what does pitt lose in letting a new arrival go through real game actionfor the future.
I understand how you feel. I am willing to let it go if he leads us to an ACC championship. Otherwise it might be better to go with Viellieux.

im going to be sick if PSU's 3rd string qb can come in and play and start at pitt. I just cant comprehend and accept this..

Reactions: cbpitt2
The ND decision was the only time he “spurned” IMO. He was not going to come to Pitt while KP was the established starter and incumbent QB.

Everyone knows this is what happened. Let's see how it goes with Cignetti and no top WRs. Likely, this is going to be another case where he ends up hating Pitt and the fans.

im going to be sick if PSU's 3rd string qb can come in and play and start at pitt. I just cant comprehend and accept this..
It wouldn’t surprise me. How often has Franklin’s coaching ever produced a bonafide, stud quarterback? He penned a book pertaining to developing quarterbacks, but he seems to be one of the last people who are knowledgeable about the subject.

It wouldn’t surprise me. How often has Franklin’s coaching ever produced a bonafide, stud quarterback? He penned a book pertaining to developing quarterbacks, but he seems to be one of the last people who are knowledgeable about the subject.
Maybe you missed McSorley's run at the coveted "worst NFL season by a Pennsylvania university graduate award" currently held by Peterman.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
The ND decision was the only time he “spurned” IMO. He was not going to come to Pitt while KP was the established starter and incumbent QB.
Correct--and Pitt didn't want or need him at that time. On top of that, he wouldn't be at Pitt now if it wasn't for the relationship with Cignetti. I doubt he;d have been on the prior OC's or Narduzzi's wishlist, and vice versa.

I don't think it's fair to slag on him for being a local boy choosing ND over Pitt for his first go-around. I mean, it's not like he chose PSU.....

I guarantee there would have at least been a competition at the time. And there is a very real chance Phil would have won the job. We are lucky that didn't happen, but Pickett was no slam dunk back then.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
bcea494845b5da4dd8ed35ff06efd928.jpg

Correct--and Pitt didn't want or need him at that time. On top of that, he wouldn't be at Pitt now if it wasn't for the relationship with Cignetti. I doubt he;d have been on the prior OC's or Narduzzi's wishlist, and vice versa.

I don't think it's fair to slag on him for being a local boy choosing ND over Pitt for his first go-around. I mean, it's not like he chose PSU.....
Now I dislike cignetti even more.

I mean you guys asking for he PSU kid. He played in 4 games in two years and threw 35 passes. His most playing time was against Rutgers and then it was Auburn, Ohio U, an Maryland. Starr Jurk an give the kid a couple series game. We wont because it isn't what HCPN does

I mean you guys asking for he PSU kid. He played in 4 games in two years and threw 35 passes. His most playing time was against Rutgers and then it was Auburn, Ohio U, an Maryland. Starr Jurk an give the kid a couple series game. We wont because it isn't what HCPN does
I think we have many QBs which means we have none. Minchey was the one

Last night, the pre-ordained starter at QB had the audacity to suggest that WPIAL kids should consider staying home. Not sure if it's some kind of epiphany or the kid is just trying to promote his new program but apparently it rubbed a few people the wrong way.
that quote was just head scratching, eye rolling, almost trolling comment to pitt fans.. just beyond ironic, almost comical.

Last night, the pre-ordained starter at QB had the audacity to suggest that WPIAL kids should consider staying home. Not sure if it's some kind of epiphany or the kid is just trying to promote his new program but apparently it rubbed a few people the wrong way.
Thanks. I missed the link BreakingPitt posted…

Reactions: pittdan77
Fans have to come to terms with the new world of tiered recruiting. The only top echelon star rated guys we’ll ever get again are when guys like this scorch their wings flying too close to the Sun (aka, SEC, B1G, ND) and they have to sheepishly glide back down to earth. It’s nothing personal. Well…ok, sometimes it might be personal (I’m sure a lot of these guys originally think of Pitt like that obese, mentally retarded OL from Butler or whatever did when he cultishly went to Pen St only to fail spectacularly…See? It’s personal).

Seriously, we know many of them think that way. Jurk wouldn’t have wiped his tail with our uniform and he said as much as the time he was in HS. So be it. We have to get over it. We need bodies, and the bodies that want us right out of high school unfortunately aren’t as good even as the flawed, downbeat bodies of these faded, humiliated 4-5 stars.

Now I dislike cignetti even more.
He did what was necessary with a weak QB room and brought in a plug and play starter that he has coached. It was a smart play on his part. How it works out is anyone’s guess, but it was the right move. I don’t think Caleb Williams was looking at transferring to Pitt.

Although whoever’s currently 3rd string at USC probably is. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT