ADVERTISEMENT

John Hugley is going to commit to Pitt

I think there's question marks with all 3 players: Dickinson (athleticism), Hugley (conditioning) & Coulibaly (PF or C). But, with that being said, I would take 2 out of the 3 in a heartbeat. Personally, I would prefer Dickinson/Coulibaly.
I honestly believe that as a college player - Hugley has the biggest upside of the 3. He's going to really be something if the kid keeps on working as he has the last year. In contrast, a kid like Dickinson will be gone to the NBA before fully realizing his potential.

I like Coulibaly as a 4 year backup/upperclassman starter. A good scrappy wide-body rebounder, we need kids like him. But he's not got the big upside IMO.

I honestly believe that as a college player - Hugley has the biggest upside of the 3. He's going to really be something if the kid keeps on working as he has the last year. In contrast, a kid like Dickinson will be gone to the NBA before fully realizing his potential.

I like Coulibaly as a 4 year backup/upperclassman starter. A good scrappy wide-body rebounder, we need kids like him. But he's not got the big upside IMO.
I agree with you here for the most part.
But on your earlier post, no one said Dickinson sucks.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Who were you watching ? His offensive skills were raw ,but you think you play in the nba because your strong . He was drafted on raw athletic potential.
Yeah-
Outside of running like a deer, having a strong frame, being athletic, and a natural defensive player and rebounder-
Oh and 7 feet tall-

He wasn’t anything special

Steven Adams wasn’t coordinated at all,he was just stronger than everyone else and he turned out pretty good,once a kid gets in the system he will learn to get better

What do you mean by coordinated? If you're implying that Adams was an awkward big who relied on being stronger than everyone else, then you must have watched a different player at Pitt. Adams' skills were raw across the board, but he was a very fluid athlete and was extremely coordinated for a 7 footer. I wouldn't even say his strength was his biggest asset in college, his quickness was. That's what allowed him to run the floor well, score in transition and impact the game defensively. We all remember how poor he was in half court sets. If he weren't coordinated, he wouldn't have been worth anything.
Yeah - not sure who saw uncoordinated when watching Steve Adams- even before he arrived at Pitt. Guy was an incredible athlete who needed competition and experience. Adams moved more like small forward than a 7 footer.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Aaron couldn't make a layup until he was a jr.
Some have had so many usernames over the years they're Splits.

Reactions: Drew1208
I think you are going to be correct with this prediction.

Im making a prediction. Jake and Chris just tweeted Hugley is visiting Pitt this weekend, 3rd unofficial visit to Pitt. If the handler comes in with him, Pitt lock. This is the anti Wahab right here from what I read today. Also from someones name I wont mention because I'll get attacked, Hugleys rating has also gone up as predicted. Rivals now has him in the top 150. 247, after I called them out LOL, now has the misspelled "Hughley" rated 161 nationally at 260lbs. Only problem is, they spelled his name wrong. Its Hugley. I also predict Hugley not only commits to Pitt, I also predict he easily makes it in the final top 100 rankings. Ok, I just crossed over what someone else said that getting him wont be easy, but with 3 visits at every acc game, I feel Pitt comfortably is way out in front anf will get him. Just my 2 cents

This I don't like....he took 3 unofficial to us.......He's a player I really want
It's only gonna get worse if he doesn't reclassify. We're gonna see a bunch of schools start lurking as his stock starts rising.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Aaron couldn't make a layup until he was a jr.
Some have had so many usernames over the years they're Splits.
He was definitely a work in progress as an underclassman, but the biggest issue was a lack of opportunity with Chris Taft at C with Chevy Troutman at PF on top 25ish teams that were contenting for the BE title. He did shoot .576 his sophomore year and showed some real promise.

Yeah - not sure who saw uncoordinated when watching Steve Adams- even before he arrived at Pitt. Guy was an incredible athlete who needed competition and experience. Adams moved more like small forward than a 7 footer.
This is completely true.

He was definitely a work in progress as an underclassman, but the biggest issue was a lack of opportunity with Chris Taft at C with Chevy Troutman at PF on top 25ish teams that were contenting for the BE title. He did shoot .576 his sophomore year and showed some real promise.
This is completely correct. As a freshman, he did not play much at all. As a sophomore, his production per minute was about the same as Chris Taft’s. The only significant issue as a sophomore was his foul shots rate.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
This is completely correct. As a freshman, he did not play much at all. As a sophomore, his production per minute was about the same as Chris Taft’s. The only significant issue as a sophomore was his foul shots rate.
Some guys come in ready to play like CTaft , I think A Grey needed the time to get physically stronger and to get use to the quickness of the college game and once he did he was a really good player as his long nba carreer proved .

Reactions: PollCat99
Some guys come in ready to play like CTaft , I think A Grey needed the time to get physically stronger and to get use to the quickness of the college game and once he did he was a really good player as his long nba carreer proved .
He also transformed his body is an underclassman, too.

Ohio State was in to see Hugley today. He's nowhere near a slam dunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT