ADVERTISEMENT

Judah Mintz

Well I guess it was Mintz or JHS and they're getting Mintz. At least that what it sounds like in the PSN write up.

Bird in the hand.
I watched the "Mike and Mike" video show this morning.

The first thing each Mike said about the topic was "I know Drew and he's a good guy."

Their credibility went right out the door for me at that moment.

I think he’s being vindictive for a very good reason. But that’s just my speculation that JHS was never gonna recommit. I have no inside info at all. Just the only thing that makes sense.
Yeah the only thing that makes sense is that they got wind that they were being played. It’d have to be something solid to cancel an official the night before it starts when you have plenty of officials to dole out. It’s not like 2018 or 2019 when they had more of a crunch on giving out officials.

I wonder if they would have had a chance at a serviceable big man or two had they taking this approach with Efton Reid?

It's not like Drew gives a rats ass about Pitt, so of course he's going to paint Pitt in a negative light while propping up his nephew. The more he talks they were his number 1, the less I believe it.

We'll never know the real story, but looks like they used Mintz as their reason to cancel. Which is good news because I'll happily take Mintz as a commit, even if it costs whatever chance they had with JHS.

It's not like Drew gives a rats ass about Pitt, so of course he's going to paint Pitt in a negative light while propping up his nephew. The more he talks they were his number 1, the less I believe it.

We'll never know the real story, but looks like they used Mintz as their reason to cancel. Which is good news because I'll happily take Mintz as a commit, even if it costs whatever chance they had with JHS.
Maybe 2 guards will be committing soon?

It could be that they are comfortable about the players they are recruiting and feel they will get commitments from them very soon.

After the Reid debacle, most of us wanted Pitt to focus on solid players that we could land instead of swinging for the fences trying to land a 5 star player and when it’s all over, we don’t end up getting

Reactions: H2PisIT and gary2

So you apparently don't understand the key part of that definition - "in agreement with one's choice or preference" . You said soon, so it's up to you to define it, is it within 2 days, a week, a month?

Someone will commit in 3 weeks and you'll come back and say bbinsider was wrong.

So you apparently don't understand the key part of that definition - "in agreement with one's choice or preference" . You said soon, so it's up to you to define it, is it within 2 days, a week, a month?

Someone will commit in 3 weeks and you'll come back and say bbinsider was wrong.
The next guard on an official visit commits on that visit, if not before the visit.

Specific enough?

What other guards are even visiting soon?
My thinking is that the Schifino visit was canceled because we have another guard committed other than just Mintz.

That guard might go public soon or make that public after his official visit.

I expect someone who had an unofficial will follow up with an official and commit “soon”

No knowledge, just my opinion.

Does not come with supreme certainty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
as for the early officials, as I’ve stated…. Most of these 22’s can take 5 between now and July 31. Then they get 5 more. I wouldn’t read a ton into anything if they don’t immediately decide like Mintz. They’re gonna wanna enjoy the process since no one has seen them for essentially 2 seasons.

My thinking is that the Schifino visit was canceled because we have another guard committed other than just Mintz.

That guard might go public soon or make that public after his official visit.

I expect someone who had an unofficial will follow up with an official and commit “soon”

No knowledge, just my opinion.

Does not come with supreme certainty.
Has to be that Mintz is committing and they are pretty sure that JHS would not. Probably told Mintz they would stop recruiting other PGs if he commits

Has to be that Mintz is committing and they are pretty sure that JHS would not. Probably told Mintz they would stop recruiting other PGs if he commits
I think Mintz was getting a scholarship, Shifino or not.

I think someone else has taken,not got in line for, Shifino’s slot.

I think we have two birds in hand. my guess is Jones or Lindsey, but it could be Turbeck.

If Pitt was #1 on JHS's list, then he should prove it and commit here even after the official visit was cancelled. Is an official visit being cancelled the same as pulling the offer or unfollowing on twitter?

If Pitt was #1 on JHS's list, then he should prove it and commit here even after the official visit was cancelled. Is an official visit being cancelled the same as pulling the offer or unfollowing on twitter?
I think Pitt cancelling the official visit the night before is a burning of the bridge. Seems like it would take a whole lot to come back from that as far as rebuilding the relationship.

I think Mintz was getting a scholarship, Shifino or not.

I think someone else has taken,not got in line for, Shifino’s slot.

I think we have two birds in hand. my guess is Jones or Lindsey, but it could be Turbeck.
Don’t forget Chris Winborne had his unofficial visit postponed by “weather”.

Something is going on.

Is Uncle Drew still involved with the Pittsburgh area AAU? Not that it's churning out highly rated recruits, but if he's played a role in this mess, could it hurt Pitt with any future local recruits?
uncle_drew_gallery_7.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT