ADVERTISEMENT

Jurkovec worst pitt qb since.

I think his comments about being booed are telling and speak volumes about his “great leadership abilities.”

However, a grown man can handle being booed. Especially when that grown man plays poorly.

I think his comments about being booed are telling and speak volumes about his “great leadership abilities.”

However, a grown man can handle being booed. Especially when that grown man plays poorly.
The post-game comments don’t surprise me after seeing his demeanor in the second half. Looked very demoralized and let his frustrations show. That type of stuff has a way of running off on the rest of the team… it didn’t impress me.

The post-game comments don’t surprise me after seeing his demeanor in the second half. Looked very demoralized and let his frustrations show. That type of stuff has a way of running off on the rest of the team… it didn’t impress me.
Well, we’ll see what happens because Duz absolutely will never bench him unless injured. All of us, fans, other players, and himself, have to pull it together. Fans are fickle and will cheer for anyone who scores a td and wins games. We’ll forget his snide comments ( but only if he wins). Teammates are equally fickle in this selfish day and age; get them the ball, win games, they’ll forget that he sucked and then showed them up tonight.

So it’s really up to him. Pressure is on and clock is ticking. This is his audition for pro football, and his chances to even get invited to a camp next year are dying. He’s had two terrible games on the field, and has acted like a horse’s ass at times both on and off it. The NFL looks for leadership and demeanor quite a bit as as much as talent. He is showing none of those qualities right now. Pull it together, Jurk

Well, we’ll see what happens because Duz absolutely will never bench him unless injured. All of us, fans, other players, and himself, have to pull it together. Fans are fickle and will cheer for anyone who scores a td and wins games. We’ll forget his snide comments ( but only if he wins). Teammates are equally fickle in this selfish day and age; get them the ball, win games, they’ll forget that he sucked and then showed them up tonight.

So it’s really up to him. Pressure is on and clock is ticking. This is his audition for pro football, and his chances to even get invited to a camp next year are dying. He’s had two terrible games on the field, and has acted like a horse’s ass at times both on and off it. The NFL looks for leadership and demeanor quite a bit as as much as talent. He is showing none of those qualities right now. Pull it together, Jurk
Seems he just doesn’t have what it takes.

Pro football? He is bad at throwing a football. That is a pretty big red flag for an NFL team.

Pro football? He is bad at throwing a football. That is a pretty big red flag for an NFL team.
I personally don’t disagree with that; results should be all or most of what matters…but incredulously, many here seem to think he’ll “automatically” get NFL looks simply by his random birth fortune of growing somewhat tall and strapping.

I definitely have doubts. Maybe crap like the Browns or Lions that regularly make awful choices will give him a UDFA shot merely on that basis. But if he rallies and plays really well through the rest of the season maybe that’ll attract others.

What? How did he "show up" his teammates last night?

I really don't see a scenario where the NFL is anywhere in Jurk's future. He's just not that kind of talent, imo. But I thought his leadership and demeanor were fine. I thought it was a gutsy performance last night, even if it was mostly ugly, sprinkled in with some big plays that kept Pitt in the game.

That's pretty much who he is. He's sporadic. He can make some big plays, and he can also look like some random dude with a rag arm throwing blindfolded at times. There were a few big pass plays that were out there for the taking last night, and he just missed them. There were also a few where I didn't think he got much help from his receivers. That said, the OL play was atrocious. That has to improve A LOT, or it could be a long year.

It’s obvious Jurk doesn’t have even a college level arm. But he does play with grit and tenacity and he generally makes good decisions for most part. And he is usually more accurate than he was last night. What I thought was the main culprit was the awful game called by Cignetti. All down-the-field passes starting with the very first series of the game. No consistent running except third drive where we scored our only TD the whole game until going into two minute offense with 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. I still have no idea what Cignetti was trying to do considering his QBs well known (especially to him) limitations.

There is a reason he was benched at 2 other programs. As far as Cignetti, keep throwing the sideline pass 20 yards downfield in coverage when you need 10 yards.

It has to be hard for a wide receiver to catch a wobbly pass. How was this kid rated so high and wanted by so many teams with the inability to throw a spiral. I have never seen somebody throw like him

The guys behind me were defending him all night and complete idiots. Yes, the receivers could have made some more plays. Yes, we missed some blocks. But Jurkovec reminds me of the batting cages I used to go to as a teen. If you went in the rain, or shortly after one fell, you never knew what you were going to get: Sometimes 90 at your head; sometimes three feet outside; sometimes right down the pipe; sometimes two balls would come out (the only thing Phil hasn't mastered... yet). I assume they eventually for sued.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT