ADVERTISEMENT

Just passing this on

Nobody cares about the rapist anymore. I think I've told you that. Lyke certainly doesn't, since she'd sell her soul for another 4 game series and the money it brings in.

Reactions: therod and jctrack
Nevada, San Jose State and Bowling Green to go w/ V Tech. This is what college football has become. We Need to get with it. Pad the schedule with cupcakes

Reactions: daminals76
Nothing wrong with either of those choices, if you can get them. Not getting a 4 game series with ND, like the one with PSU. The WVU series is a good substitute, though. That will be fun.

I'm actually pleased with this not be extended. We need to play more variety in parts of the country worth recruiting and traveling to (for those of us that go to away games). The location of State College just doesnt do it from a desire to travel and play a regional team in the Big10.

Hopefully we can line up a game on the West Coast or would love to get another series going with Utah in SLC.

Maybe this will finally disabuse people of the notion that PSU is Pitt's rival.

And wow, is PSU future schedule weak (both in conference and OOC). Can tell the AD and/or coach wants wins and that about it.

Reactions: Chaos
And wow, is PSU future schedule weak (both in conference and OOC). Can tell the AD and/or coach wants wins and that about it.

C'mon. Every year PSU plays Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. Also will get Nebraska and Iowa with some regularity. Throw in Northwestern. That is not a weak schedule. Most years, Pitt loses at least 4 of them, and most often 5.

Doesn't matter. Within a decade or less the landscape of college football will change greatly, and the schools that really want to play the big-time game will split off and play by their own rules. Most of the money and most of the good players will gravitate there. The rest will revert back to college football as it was meant to be.

Reactions: therod and jctrack
C'mon. Every year PSU plays Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State. Also will get Nebraska and Iowa with some regularity. Throw in Northwestern. That is not a weak schedule. Most years, Pitt loses at least 4 of them, and most often 5.

Doesn't matter. Within a decade or less the landscape of college football will change greatly, and the schools that really want to play the big-time game will split off and play by their own rules. Most of the money and most of the good players will gravitate there. The rest will revert back to college football as it was meant to be.

"Pitt fan"

Reactions: RaleighPittFan

Only OSU sticks out there and they are a proven pay to play program. The rest survive more on name and a weak schedule themselves.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I’m sorry.. I guess I should have said We are better at every position than PSU, recruiting better and our 5-7 season was Better than theirs last season. Does that make me a better Pitt Fan???

Yeah, but it is obvious that you are that same Penn State fan with 275 iterations of screen names. Why are you here, if Pitt is so beneath Penn State? Don't you guys have schools like Akron to worry about?

Franklin is just spreading the wealth around. He is such a nice guy for wanting to give a Superbowl appearance to Nevada, Bowling Green and San Jose St.

Time to move on peeps, we have better exposure scheduling home/home games in other areas anyway.

I don't blame PSU for ending this series. The 2016 Nittany Lions' B1G Championship squad failed to qualify for the 4-team College Football Playoff and a major factor was PITT's victory against them that September.

Why would PSU take the risk of losing to PITT again (PITT has won 2 of the 3 games played this century) when an almost assured victory against Bowling Green or Nevada instead would have qualified them for one of the 4-team berths?

This game is no longer the annual Thanksgiving Day/Weekend battle that was ABC TV's nationally broadcasted, prime time marquee game.

No one loved going to those rivalry games more than me or my best friends who attended PITT or PSU. We have many great memories, good and bad, that this generation of fans (and likely future generations) will sadly be denied.

Nevada, San Jose State and Bowling Green to go w/ V Tech. This is what college football has become. We Need to get with it. Pad the schedule with cupcakes
Lol, I like how people act like this is a new thing. During an era where parity in the middle is at its highest people seem to think everything was so much better "back in the day."

Pitt only scheduled juggernauts in the 70s like Duke, Temple, Tulane, Army, William and Mary, Kent State, Syracuse, Navy, and Miami.

Lol, I like how people act like this is a new thing. During an era where parity in the middle is at its highest people seem to think everything was so much better "back in the day."

Pitt only scheduled juggernauts in the 70s like Duke, Temple, Tulane, Army, William and Mary, Kent State, Syracuse, Navy, and Miami.
Paterno built his W/L record playing eastern cupcakes. And yeah, for too many years, Pitt was one of those eastern cupcakes.

Paterno was a huge proponent of Eastern Football, but only as long as he dominated the East. Once Pitt became his equal under Majors/Sherill and won the national title before he did, he no longer talked-up Eastern football anymore.

Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State??Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State?? Can we please get over Penn State? Can we please get over Penn State??

Let's be honest here. We play the ACC coastal and Syracuse every year. It's not exactly murderers row. Yes, we play a tough OOC schedule but that's partly because they are on it (top 10-15 program)

They play B1G east which is one of the toughest divisions with crossovers this year of Wisconsin and Iowa. Not exactly pushovers. You can say they have an easy OOC but is that because we are on it (top 30-40)? They replace us with VT and Auburn on future schedules.

I think we have more of an argument if we play in the ACC Atlantic or have a better cross over game like Fla State or Clemson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT