ADVERTISEMENT

Just passing this on

If Pitt finished in the top 10 the last 2 years, won their conference, won a NY6 bowl game and was recruiting at all high level you bet your ass this series would continue..PSU gains nothing by playing Pitt....that being said, I like playing Pitt and wished this game was played every year

Reactions: therod
If Pitt finished in the top 10 the last 2 years, won their conference, won a NY6 bowl game and was recruiting at all high level you bet your ass this series would continue..PSU gains nothing by playing Pitt....that being said, I like playing Pitt and wished this game was played every year

If Penn State doesn't lose to pitt two years ago, they are in the playoff. This has nothing to do with some success Penn State has had recently. It has everything to do with their failures.
Also your premise is a little flawed because I don't see Nevada having your requirements

Also your premise is a little flawed because I don't see Nevada having your requirements

It seems as though a large portion of our fan base cares about PSU, but no one understands how their scheduling works. For the final time: THEY ARE NOT REPLACING US WITH NEVADA. They schedule 3 ooc games a year. 2 cupcakes, and 1 P5 home/home. Here are their P5 ooc opponents every year:

2016: Pitt
2017: Pitt
2018: Pitt
2019: Pitt
2020: VTech
2021: Auburn
2022: Auburn
2023: WVU
2024: WVU
2025: VTech

Nevada is replacing a cupcake. VTech, WVU, and Auburn are replacing us.

It seems as though a large portion of our fan base cares about PSU, but no one understands how their scheduling works. For the final time: THEY ARE NOT REPLACING US WITH NEVADA. They schedule 3 ooc games a year. 2 cupcakes, and 1 P5 home/home. Here are their P5 ooc opponents every year:

2016: Pitt
2017: Pitt
2018: Pitt
2019: Pitt
2020: VTech
2021: Auburn
2022: Auburn
2023: WVU
2024: WVU
2025: VTech

Nevada is replacing a cupcake. VTech, WVU, and Auburn are replacing us.

I am not disagreeing with you, but nitter fanboy is making the argument pitt needs to win more.

I took those schools and looked at their past 5 years since that is when most of these contracts have been made.

Auburn leads with a 45-22 record and a win percentage of .672
VT is 41-25 and .621
WVU is 36-28 and .563
Pitt is 34-30 and .531

Not far from wvu

I am not disagreeing with you, but nitter fanboy is making the argument pitt needs to win more.

I took those schools and looked at their past 5 years since that is when most of these contracts have been made.

Auburn leads with a 45-22 record and a win percentage of .672
VT is 41-25 and .621
WVU is 36-28 and .563
Pitt is 34-30 and .531

Not far from wvu

So are we the cupcake?

So are we the cupcake?

Exactly. We are either the equivalent of a west Virginia or a cupcake from Penn state's perspective. You would think they wouldn't fear us with a record like that and see a sell out of 107k as something we bring to the table.

You're right there's clearly no difference between a typo and complete misuse of a word.

Oh and the "Pedder" and "enablers" thing that you continue to use to define the entire fanbase and alumni of a major university is astounding. To think anyone could be that small minded in 2018 is scary. I have never responded on this board before and you don't ever have to worry about me doing it again because it's very obvious that thoughtfulness and common sense are not a common trait amongst the posters here, nor is compassion for the victims of Jerry Sandusky otherwise it wouldn't be something that is used as a punchline or joke.

Pitt fans like you truly deserve the worst and your athletic department looks poised to give you that over the next few years so enjoy.[/QUOTE

I have plenty of compassion for the Sandusky victims, but I have a hard time considering Curley and Schultz, or other denier's victims. They did plead guilty didn't they?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT