ADVERTISEMENT

Kaboly blames Pitt for Steelers’ NFLPA report card grades

I don't understand why they can't expand. Up is always an option. Who cares if the weight room is on the 1st floor or 10th floor?

Reactions: Tucker99
Listening to The Fat Man and Jeff Blowhorn - talk about Steeler apologist - sad!

They are closing the hotel and convention center in Monroeville right?

There you go prime real estate for the Steelers 😂🥴

Reactions: 303vND
He’s making an incorrect assertion that sharing facilities with Pitt doesn’t allow them to make improvements. Sharing facilities with the Steelers did not stop Pitt from making extensive renovations to their side.
His assertion may or may not be correct, but the point is that he is not blaming Pitt. Pitt just happens to be the other tenant at the facility.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Kaboly openly on air talks about how his son clogs toilets in his house. What a sick and twisted piece of crap he is.

Reactions: ratking17
His assertion may or may not be correct, but the point is that he is not blaming Pitt. Pitt just happens to be the other tenant at the facility.
This is exactly right. The stated problem has a lot to do with space and it’s limited there. If it were PSU sharing he would have said the same thing as a matter of fact, and not as a dig. Sometimes we are way too sensitive about things as Pitt fans. There’s currently a thread on the hoops board about another fat media guy making comments about Pitt. It’s getting a little old coming to these boards and seeing this meaningless stuff.

Reactions: Burgh15
They are closing the hotel and convention center in Monroeville right?

There you go prime real estate for the Steelers 😂🥴
Art II is too cheap, but the Steelers could build something similar to what the Cowboys have in Frisco on that spot.

Then why bring Pitt into the discussion? That’s like saying you live in a duplex and the next door neighbors unit is updated and appointed and you‘re complaining about your unit being a dump because you can’t tear down a wall. Has the Fat Man never heard of The Property Brothers?

Art II is too cheap, but the Steelers could build something similar to what the Cowboys have in Frisco on that spot.
What is it with this "Steelers built, could build, should build?" The people of Pittsburgh and Alleghany County are the source of the funding. The limitless greed of the owners and the players' obscene salary demands will never be sated.
What's in store: a Professional Sports Wage Tax levied on South Western Pennsylvanians initially at !% with an open yearly escalating scale , as needed?
Bah, a pox on them!

Reactions: pittdan77
You can’t make this up…

For context, the Steelers finished 28th out of 32 teams in the NFLPA’s annual report card grades, which surveys players on how they feel about facilities, owners, coaches, etc. Of course, he fails to mention the fact that multiple players have said the Pitt side is better.
Kaboly looks like an obese chipmunk. The PITT side is upgraded. The Steeler side is not. The Steelers have added administrative staff to their side over the years. Do they really need to be in that building? They are too cheap to renovate and too cheap to lease out another building for staff. The Steelers will use this to have hat in hand for help to build a new practice facility on cranberry.

Then why bring Pitt into the discussion? That’s like saying you live in a duplex and the next door neighbors unit is updated and appointed and you‘re complaining about your unit being a dump because you can’t tear down a wall. Has the Fat Man never heard of The Property Brother
Sure, he could have said “shares facility with a local college football team,” but that would be silly, because everyone knows it is Pitt.

Sure, he could have said “shares facility with a local college football team,” but that would be silly, because everyone knows it is Pitt.
You missed the entire point - move on.

I don't understand why they can't expand. Up is always an option. Who cares if the weight room is on the 1st floor or 10th floor?
Not to appear even more stupid than normal, but doesn't it complicate construction if really, really, really heavy stuff is above the ground floor?

Reactions: Kenwins
I didn't read it as him blaming Pitt.

Zeise was talking about this as well on the fan. There just is no room to expand at that facility. He believes in 2-3 years the Steelers will build a new facility like the Pens did in Cranberry, and Pitt will buy out and own the southside complex for their own.

It's tight for both teams.

This thread is embarrassing. He’s not blaming Pitt. He’s simply stating that the shared partnership is prohibitive for expanded offerings for the pro divas because they are busting at the seems down there.

I can’t believe people’s feelings are hurt. This is as bad as our daily “mark madden said this” thread that we get from PittPoker. Let’s move on and pretend it’s not an issue…because it never was.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
how about a steeler only complex on the north shore. they have room for endless garages and now a ferris wheel and lagoon sized pool, how about getting some real estate, building a nfl caliber training and practice complex and letting pitt have the south side complex..

obviously you'd need to partner with UPMC somehow, since they kind of own the building and partner with the steelers but i'd imagine they'd be fine with being involved in the new complex..

Clearly it’s not “Pitt’s fault”, but it’s an interesting thought.

In 25 years, I’ve always said that it was a benefit that Pitt shared a facility. I never once looked at it as “holding back the Steelers”.

But times change, and it could be constraining at least with space, Also, I probably wouldn’t want to see another college’s logo all over.

This whole report comes down to two things - needing more shine in the facility, and Art II not having great personal relationships with players.

Just listened to another local media member who confirmed that Pitt’s side is much nicer, that the facility is too small, and is reason for the Steelers are informally exploring new options for when the lease is up in a few years. Yet at the stadium, the Rooney’s are looking at staying and upgrading. Why? Because they can do it there…while they can’t on the southside.

Just listened to another local media member who confirmed that Pitt’s side is much nicer, that the facility is too small, and is reason for the Steelers are informally exploring new options for when the lease is up in a few years. Yet at the stadium, the Rooney’s are looking at staying and upgrading. Why? Because they can do it there…while they can’t on the southside.

You mean it wasn't another Pitt slight? Wow, I don't know if I can believe that, are you sure you were listening closely? Maybe you missed it.

So many hairs burned over a non story.

• Haha
This thread is embarrassing. He’s not blaming Pitt. He’s simply stating that the shared partnership is prohibitive for expanded offerings for the pro divas because they are busting at the seems down there.

I can’t believe people’s feelings are hurt. This is as bad as our daily “mark madden said this” thread that we get from PittPoker. Let’s move on and pretend it’s not an issue…because it never was.
He shouldn't have mentioned Pitt the way he did, the players biggest issue the one that got an F-, the treatment of families on gameday has nothing to do with Pitt. Mentioning Pitt the way he did deflects from that and pushes the building is too small narrative the Rooney's want, since they're looking for someone to give them land and hopefully build for them a new place.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Clearly it’s not “Pitt’s fault”, but it’s an interesting thought.

In 25 years, I’ve always said that it was a benefit that Pitt shared a facility. I never once looked at it as “holding back the Steelers”.

But times change, and it could be constraining at least with space, Also, I probably wouldn’t want to see another college’s logo all over.

This whole report comes down to two things - needing more shine in the facility, and Art II not having great personal relationships with players.
I don't know that it's "holding back" the Steelers. KC's scores were pretty bad, too.

Reactions: Upg bobcat

I think your assertion is correct but there does seem to be this, "if Pitt would just go away," mentality with the Steelers writers. Like, go over in the corner with Duquesne and RMC and if something kind of cool happens, we'll pay attention for a few minutes. And honestly, space to add lockers isn't what's holding things back according to that survey. The fact that the Steelers can't devote some space to gameday daycare for the player's family's is pretty telling about the culture of the organization.

I think your assertion is correct but there does seem to be this, "if Pitt would just go away," mentality with the Steelers writers. Like, go over in the corner with Duquesne and RMC and if something kind of cool happens, we'll pay attention for a few minutes. And honestly, space to add lockers isn't what's holding things back according to that survey. The fact that the Steelers can't devote some space to gameday daycare for the player's family's is pretty telling about the culture of the organization.
Last year the Steelers got a D- in the treatment of families category, that Art II totally ignored that is really bad and why he got an F this year.

Not to appear even more stupid than normal, but doesn't it complicate construction if really, really, really heavy stuff is above the ground floor?
No. Compared to the numerous 10+ ton steel girders that would be used in the construction, the workout supplies are not heavy.

Zeise was talking about this as well on the fan. There just is no room to expand at that facility. He believes in 2-3 years the Steelers will build a new facility IF THE TAXPAYERS PAY FOR IT.
Fixed

• Haha

Zeise was talking about this as well on the fan. There just is no room to expand at that facility. He believes in 2-3 years the Steelers will build a new facility like the Pens did in Cranberry, and Pitt will buy out and own the southside complex for their own.

It's tight for both teams.

Until UPMC decides to use the space for a new medical center and Pitt is forced to ride a bus to Monroeville for practice.

I really don't think Kaboly is blaming Pitt for the grades, rather just the current arrangement that limits space. That doesn't mean the Steelers couldn't have upgraded the current facility, I just think part of it is keeping with the old-school "football first" mentality without the luxurious locker rooms.

Do these grades even mean much? They do fine keeping their star players. They are able to sign the types of players they want. The Steelers, Patriots, and Chiefs make up 3 of the bottom 5. With that said, it's always good to do some self assessment and look for some improvements with this type of feedback.
The point here if I'm understanding this correctly is he went out of his way to put the Pitt relationship out as the biggest problem when in reality it's actually not, it's helping prove that the Steelers are cheap as crap because Pitt has done more with the facility than them. Even if the Steelers had the place all to themselves it wouldn't change the fact that Art hasn't renovated etc. None of the complaints seem centered in a lack of space.

This is exactly right. The stated problem has a lot to do with space and it’s limited there. If it were PSU sharing he would have said the same thing as a matter of fact, and not as a dig. Sometimes we are way too sensitive about things as Pitt fans. There’s currently a thread on the hoops board about another fat media guy making comments about Pitt. It’s getting a little old coming to these boards and seeing this meaningless stuff.
Kaboly has an anti pitt bias

The point here if I'm understanding this correctly is he went out of his way to put the Pitt relationship out as the biggest problem when in reality it's actually not, it's helping prove that the Steelers are cheap as crap because Pitt has done more with the facility than them. Even if the Steelers had the place all to themselves it wouldn't change the fact that Art hasn't renovated etc. None of the complaints seem centered in a lack of space.
Correct 100%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT