ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Pickett was never going to be

Kenny isn't good enough to be promised a starting job anywhere in the NFL.

Blame the coaches all you want, but he didn't process things fast enough. And for whatever reason, some of the pinpoint accuracy he was known for at Pitt just wasn't there with any consistency in the NFL.
He was originally told that when he was healthy he would get his job back...that changed. He wasn't promised a starting job, he was the starter! The discussion was about being told there would be a unbiased competition with his backup..the Steelers reneged on that! Keep up!

He was originally told that when he was healthy he would get his job back...that changed. He wasn't promised a starting job, he was the starter! The discussion was about being told there would be a unbiased competition with his backup..the Steelers reneged on that! Keep up!

I get that. But so what? That's part of it. He's not the first QB that's been lied too. Steelers did what the feel they had to do to make the QB room better.

Kenny once told Temple coaches he was going to be an Owl. He told Pitt he was going to play in the Chicken Sandwich Bowl. Both circumstances he reneged on his word to do what was best for Kenny Pickett.

I like Kenny, but he's not a victim here.

I get that. But so what? That's part of it. He's not the first QB that's been lied too. Steelers did what the feel they had to do to make the QB room better.

Kenny once told Temple coaches he was going to be an Owl. He told Pitt he was going to play in the Chicken Sandwich Bowl. Both circumstances he reneged on his word to do what was best for Kenny Pickett.

So Kenny had options - and he exercised those options - what's the issue?

The bottom line is if Kenny played better last season, Wilson isn't in Pittsburgh and he would've been the unquestioned starter entering 2024.

The bottom line is if Kenny played better last season, Wilson isn't in Pittsburgh and he would've been the unquestioned starter entering 2024.

Do you think someone like Cousins would have done better in the same circumstances? Playing for Canada, throwing to Johnson & Pickens, questionable O-line (and o-line coaching). Pickett deserved a chance at being the starter with a new offensive coordinator. Stillers reneged on that. No sympathy for the Stillers, they get what they deserve this season.

Do you think someone like Cousins would have done better in the same circumstances? Playing for Canada, throwing to Johnson & Pickens, questionable O-line (and o-line coaching). Pickett deserved a chance at being the starter with a new offensive coordinator. Stillers reneged on that. No sympathy for the Stillers, they get what they deserve this season.
Yes. Ben Roethlisberger with legs that couldn't move and a surgically repaired elbow threw for 22 TDs under Canada. Cousins absolutely would've been more productive than Pickett. The offense wasn't ideal, but the coaching and construction of the offense wasn't the reason Pickett missed open receivers and ran himself into pressure.

Yes. Ben Roethlisberger with legs that couldn't move and a surgically repaired elbow threw for 22 TDs under Canada. Cousins absolutely would've been more productive than Pickett. The offense wasn't ideal, but the coaching and construction of the offense wasn't the reason Pickett missed open receivers and ran himself into pressure.

That's because Ben was an HOF QB and the offense did better when he ignored Canada. Trubisky stunk in this offense, Cousins would have too

Right...the rumor is now there were other teams that wanted Kenny who he could have started for but they sent him to Philly to be a backup for spite. Class organization that Steeler Way.
That is BS..

Right...the rumor is now there were other teams that wanted Kenny who he could have started for but they sent him to Philly to be a backup for spite. Class organization that Steeler Way.
LOL. Sure there were. I’m sure the Steelers turned down all those better offers from all those teams, out of spite.

Do you actually believe that?

Why would any QB want to play for Mike Tomlin. The guy has hired worse OCs than Coach Duzz.

Best wishes to Kenny.
Ben must have been better than Unitas, Montana, Marino and Brady combined then given how poorly he must have been coached for almost his entire Hall of Fame NFL career.

Also, coach Duzz did hire the same incompetent fool we are discussing.

Granted, last year was 💩 and I’d love to know how Kenny would have done with an NFL caliber OC and a WR coach who had his WRs run the correct routes (both the OC and WR coach were fired, remember).

I’ll repeat what I’ve said before - Kenny’s best game was the first one post Canada. And he was off to a good start in his next game before getting injured.

I think he deserved better. But I won’t say Tomlin only hired bad coordinators. He did hire some good ones. And after that, Ben probably was given too much input, but I suppose you don’t piss off your HoF QB.

LOL. Sure there were. I’m sure the Steelers turned down all those better offers from all those teams, out of spite.

Do you actually believe that?

You don't think it's possible a team in the AFC offered something better for Pickett and we chose to send him to the NFC?

Thats extremely likely.

Reactions: Pittduck
The best he could be, with Tomlin as his Head Coach.

Tomlin, truly, lives in his fears.

Good Luck to Kenny. Getting out of this town is the best thing that could have happened for him.
Not in Philly rotting on the bench

Hopefully, Kenny gets an opportunity and performs well. At this point it's a dead horse but I'm sure we'll keep it going and beat this topic down until it's reduced to atoms (Thanos).

Reactions: TD_6082
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT