ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Pickett was never going to be

Ceiling is probably a high-end backup, but we'll see if he has the attitude for it. Hey, Peterman is still making money. Excellent work if you can get it.

Reactions: bdur76
Right...the rumor is now there were other teams that wanted Kenny who he could have started for but they sent him to Philly to be a backup for spite. Class organization that Steeler Way.
What where the other offers, the team should take the offer that favors the team, not the player they're trading.

Reactions: Tanat and bdur76
What where the other offers, the team should take the offer that favors the team, not the player they're trading.
Well they didn't do that with DJ - who was rumored to be going to KC for a better offer. Like I said in the past, this coach and this organization is one of the pettiest in the league. There are datapoints to support that belief.

Right...the rumor is now there were other teams that wanted Kenny who he could have started for but they sent him to Philly to be a backup for spite. Class organization that Steeler Way.
I’ll believe that as much as I believe KP wanted out

Well they didn't do that with DJ - who was rumored to be going to KC for a better offer. Like I said in the past, this coach and this organization is one of the pettiest in the league. There are datapoints to support that belief.

I would hope that's not the case. What they got probably adds up to like a 5th round pick, and the Patriots only got a 6th for Jones - though Jones was a year older.

... But I admit I was hoping for like a 4th or something from Minnesota.

Who,PITT?

Seems like both of those may be true. Aditi mentioned a couple of days ago that there were teams who had an interest in Kenny. But let these Steeler's hillbilly's tell it, no team would ever want Kenny.
We’ll see. If they trade for fields then IMO it’s not so much that KP wanted out but they wanted to clear the way to get fields.

KP is probably best served being a back up now and learning He’ll get his shot

We’ll see. If they trade for fields the. IMO it’s not so
Much that KP wanted out but they wanted to clear the way to get fields.

KP is probably best served being a back up now and learning He’ll get his shot
They sign Fields - Wilson will probably looking to get out.

I bet Temple football fans (all 300 of them) are laughing their ass off about today's developments.

How is it possible to have so many different sources with so many wildly different accounts. Sounds to me like nobody's talking and nobody knows.

This board is incredible. You think trading Pickett to *the team he grew up cheering for* is a petty move? They got a decent offer for a QB who has been historically unproductive.

Reactions: bdur76 and TD_6082
I'm surprised they traded Pickett, but if he wanted out, it's pretty lame. Not the competitor I thought he was. If he did better than 0.5 TDs a game, they never would've pursued Wilson. Also, not for a second do I believe Khan didn't take a better deal just to prevent Pickett from going to a team where he could compete to start. That would just be idiotic.

Reactions: dan15701 and bdur76
I'm surprised they traded Pickett, but if he wanted out, it's pretty lame. Not the competitor I thought he was. If he did better than 0.5 TDs a game, they never would've pursued Wilson. Also, not for a second do I believe Khan didn't take a better deal just to prevent Pickett from going to a team where he could compete to start. That would just be idiotic.
Well it was reported that the Chiefs had a better deal on the board for DJ, so there's that. It wouldn't surprise me at all, given how petty this organization is.

Well it was reported that the Chiefs had a better deal on the board for DJ, so there's that. It wouldn't surprise me at all, given how petty this organization is.
Was there? This is the only report I saw and it doesn't indicate a better offer was on the table.

Yeah...sucking it up and working will do it! Like giving someone an MS-DOS computer and expecting them to write AIML algorithms.

Kenny isn't good enough to be promised a starting job anywhere in the NFL.

Blame the coaches all you want, but he didn't process things fast enough. And for whatever reason, some of the pinpoint accuracy he was known for at Pitt just wasn't there with any consistency in the NFL.

Kenny isn't good enough to be promised a starting job anywhere in the NFL.

Blame the coaches all you want, but he didn't process things fast enough. And for whatever reason, some of the pinpoint accuracy he was known for at Pitt just wasn't there with any consistency in the NFL.

He played for probably worse offensive coordinator in the league and was throwing to a #1 WR that was thought so highly off he was dealt away at the end of the season. Add in a porous offensive line and a leg injury to end the season but you are already writing him off as not good enough?

So you think they got the best value for DJ?
No, the best value would've been keeping him. Heck, the Chargers only got a 4th for Keenan Allen and he's better than DJ. But no where have I actually seen that KC had a better offer than the Panthers. I think they just got rid of him because he doesn't want to be in Pittsburgh and contributes to the loser mentality this team has right now.

The best he could be, with Tomlin as his Head Coach.

Tomlin, truly, lives in his fears.

Good Luck to Kenny. Getting out of this town is the best thing that could have happened for him.
The steelers are a franchise in trouble. A HC with a BIG ego who knows that his job is much safer then it should be. He will never man up to the fact that he screwed Kenny Pickett over with
the approach he took towards preparing Pickett for the first two years. I am so glad that Pickett is now free to have the chance to play under a HC that is a winner and an OC who is calling plays that fit in to the NFL of 2024, not the 1990's.

He played for probably worse offensive coordinator in the league and was throwing to a #1 WR that was thought so highly off he was dealt away at the end of the season. Add in a porous offensive line and a leg injury to end the season but you are already writing him off as not good enough?

Write him off? No. Absolutely not. I think he can develop into a solid NFL QB. And I would have loved to see that happen as a Steeler. And I get that the situation in Pittsburgh was far from ideal.

At the same time, based on his performance from the past 2 years, I don't think any franchise in the league would feel comfortable to ride or die with KP as QB1.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT