ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsby gone..Stewart alledgedly gone...whos

All the players appeared to like and support KS and losing their coach should make them question their future at Pitt . When a coach is announced then we’ll see who’s staying and whose going . Why speculate now .

All the players appeared to like and support KS and losing their coach should make them question their future at Pitt . When a coach is announced then we’ll see who’s staying and whose going . Why speculate now .

The first sentence isn’t really accurate. Stallings wasn’t beloved by the players, I’m not sure how that narrative got started.

Last edited:

Hopefully Pitt will not grant any player releases until a new coach has been hired and he has had a chance to talk to any player or recruit considering leaving. At that point, releases, if still desired by the player can be granted.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Kingsby is not a loss. He can be replaced easily. Stewart is a good bench reserve on a good ACC team, which is what we hope to have here now that Stallings is gone. I like Parker, but he can be replaced pretty easily. So can all of the players we now have, and probably see some marked improvement in performance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coachkirsch
Kingsby is not a loss. He can be replaced easily. Stewart is a good bench reserve on a good ACC team, which is what we hope to have here now that Stallings is gone. I like Parker, but he can be replaced pretty easily. So can all of the players we now have, and probably see some marked improvement in performance.

Yes, because none of Stallings recruits were as good as Corey Manigault or Justice Kithcart right Jamie's neighbor?

I think we really should focus on keeping Carr and brown. A PG and C is at least a nice place to start but other than that does it really matter? Obviously most of us would prefer if Stewart stayed but it wouldn't be the end of the world.

Kingsby sucks. Let's be real. I'm glad he isnt coming. Good luck at Cal State-Fullerton. Stewart is a good player, potentially really good player. That's a loss but it happens

Losing any of Stallings' recruits wouldn't be the end of the world. They try hard and are good kids. But they're barely top 200 guys. Some below that.

Even in his worst years of recruiting, Dixon got kids that were top 150 anyhow, some top 100. And with a good coach on this team this year, they would have been better than 0-19.

Hopefully Pitt will not grant any player releases until a new coach has been hired and he has had a chance to talk to any player or recruit considering leaving. At that point, releases, if still desired by the player can be granted.
Correct. Most will have very few options and that, more than anything, will probably decide whether they want to leave. Now, even if they want to stay, some will probably be told they shouldn't.

Hoopsguy72 because he was assistant coach of one of the walkons.

The assistants are well liked, and the team is a nice group of guys. Stallings isn’t well liked. You’ve seen what he’s like. Do you really think players like someone like that? They may respect him but he isn’t beloved. No one is leaving Pitt because they loved stallings.

Last edited:
Where did the chatter about Stewart come from?
From nowhere. This thread is the only place on the internet this has been brought up. It is certainly possible as I believe he was close with Stallings but based on the article I read about Parker in the PG a week or two ago he doesn't seem like someone to leave somewhere they feel comfortable

Parker Stewart tweeted out a link to a highlight video from this season with the caption "link in the bio" or something like that.

Felt like he was making it clear he's a free agent at this point.

It would be wise for these kids, at least the more talented ones, to just cool their jets for a month, finish their classes and let it play out to see who's hired. But, kids and parents these days what can you do?

Parker Stewart tweeted out a link to a highlight video from this season with the caption "link in the bio" or something like that.

It would be wise for these kids, at least the more talented ones, to just cool their jets for a month, finish their classes and let it play out to see who's hired. But, kids and parents these days what can you do?
Saw that

I felt like he was simply sharing his season highlights.

His next tweet
“Tough times don't last, tough people do. My favorite practice quote of the day ✊“

I think you’re inventing context

Hoopsguy72 because he was assistant coach of one of the walkons.

You've circulated that assistant coach of a walk-on theory before. LOL. No.

I did say the players really liked Stallings, and they are very upset he's gone. That's an indisputable fact. I'm also not the only person who's saying this. Meyer has tweeted it, Batko has, and Saunders has.

Really hope Stewart doesn't leave. He is a deadeye shooter; he just needs to be surrounded by guys that can create open looks for him.

You've circulated that assistant coach of a walk-on theory before. LOL. No.

I did say the players really liked Stallings, and they are very upset he's gone. That's an indisputable fact. I'm also not the only person who's saying this. Meyer has tweeted it, Batko has, and Saunders has.
Posted by Ryan Luther:

Ryan Luther‏@RyShanLu4 13m13 minutes ago
DX9uTdgXcAMjmhA.jpg:large

Reactions: Fsgolfdr
I am sure the kids coach Stallings coached last year and the one's he drove off have the same opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT