ADVERTISEMENT

Kingsby gone..Stewart alledgedly gone...whos

Complete BS.
Your right, me bad. You do get a feather in your cap for misevaluating talent, signing recruits with health question marks because you had no other options and similarly signing average grad transfers because you had no other options.

Why don’t you try something new and actually come back with a concrete reply instead of your typical empty comments.

Man are you stretching. If you can’t admit that Jamie’s recruiting deteriorated significantly to the point he was having a hard time signing anyone, you’re blinded by your love affair with him.

You only get a feather in your recruiting cap by properly evaluating and signing talent. You don’t get a feather for pursuing an improperly rated recruit - see Wilson.

Likewise you get feathers taken out of your recruiting cap for mis-evaluating talent and not pursuing recruits you should have that wanted to come here.

You don’t get a feather in your recruiting cap for taking flyers on recruits with questionable health because you struck out on all viable candidates and subsequently have no other options - see Clark and big Joe.

And you don’t get a feather in your recruiting cap for all the questionable and average grad transfers you had to sign to fill out a roster because you couldn’t attract anyone else.

Get real. And you castoff about 5 current freshman as nobodies when they all show much more promise than the majority of what Jamie was able to bring in his last 3-4 years.

Again, seriously get real.
There's no question Dixon's recruiting fell off. It WASN'T good enough to get us in the top half of the ACC unless it improved. But it's not like HIS teams went 0-19. You gotta separate the recruiting from the coaching. He's probably in the NCAAT last season and certainly in the NIT. Even this year, he probably wins a handful of ACC games.

Stallings put his recruits in impossible situations. Dixon ran a style where his recruits could win, even with less talent.

As Big Zeke posted a few weeks back, Dixon made a HUGE mistake when he quit signing tough guys and started "hunting elephants". With the staff we have and the refusal to play the handler game$, Pitt was NOT going to land many elephants.

I'd like to think his last class was him recognizing that and starting to correct it. I think Manigault, Clark and Kithcart had as much potential as juniors as Stalling's best frosh and MORE than guys like George, Kene and Peace.

I think Carr, Brown and Stewart can be ACC players in a couple years, with decent coaching. I think they were horrible this year, going 0-19 on merit. Stevenson and Davis might become useful role players. I mean Dixon helped Nasir be a starting PF with less physical skills than Shamiel.

Dixon's recruiting dropped off, but not off the charts. The narrative here was flawed. Milligan, one of Dixon's worst ever recruits, was our 2nd best ball handler this season. Some games, maybe our BEST.

Man are you stretching. If you can’t admit that Jamie’s recruiting deteriorated significantly to the point he was having a hard time signing anyone, you’re blinded by your love affair with him.

You only get a feather in your recruiting cap by properly evaluating and signing talent. You don’t get a feather for pursuing an improperly rated recruit - see Wilson.

Likewise you get feathers taken out of your recruiting cap for mis-evaluating talent and not pursuing recruits you should have that wanted to come here.

You don’t get a feather in your recruiting cap for taking flyers on recruits with questionable health because you struck out on all viable candidates and subsequently have no other options - see Clark and big Joe.

And you don’t get a feather in your recruiting cap for all the questionable and average grad transfers you had to sign to fill out a roster because you couldn’t attract anyone else.

Get real. And you castoff about 5 current freshman as nobodies when they all show much more promise than the majority of what Jamie was able to bring in his last 3-4 years.

Again, seriously get real.
I am in total agreement with all of the above - Very well said

Your 1st paragraph- you really think that’s why he was fired?? Maybe indirectly but definitely not directly. Only one reason why he was fired, butts in seats.

If this team had been really bad, maybe even 0-18 bad, but had a couple studs on the roster, people would feel differently. No matter how many butts were in seats this year, there were going to be fewer next year because of the lack of talent. We will be unanimous selection preseason 15th unless the new coach infuses some serious talent and/or half of Wake's roster leaves.

For as bleak as everything appeared in 2017-18, we have/had two pretty unheralded recruits coming in next year who aren't going to move the dial. That was why he was fired. There was no reason at all for optimism. Even if he finished 0-18 this year but had a couple top-100 recruits due this fall, it would have made it a more complicated decision.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Your right, me bad. You do get a feather in your cap for misevaluating talent, signing recruits with health question marks because you had no other options and similarly signing average grad transfers because you had no other options.

Why don’t you try something new and actually come back with a concrete reply instead of your typical empty comments.
I bolded what I was specifically responding to. It is complete BS and there is no reason to say more than that. Keep carrying water for the worst coach in Pitt history.

Not at all and I am certainly no JIGer. You aren't rational or impartial, at all.
I Anyone who defends Dixon's recruiting and attempts to suggest that his talent evaluation the last 5 years wasn't poor has completely lost it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT