ADVERTISEMENT

Least Popular Pitt Coach in Recent History: Graham or Stallings?

The worst business decision Pitt/Barnes/Gallagher ever made was, not enforcing Jamie's buyout.
Actually, hiring Barnes may prove more costly.Lost revenue from small crowds, no NCAAT loot, Stallings buyout next March (or sooner), and a fat contract for his successor. Gotta be $12-15 million in there.

Haven't heard that name in years. How about Dave Hart? Three straight 1-9 football seasons!

And I believe each of the three wins were barely done very low scoring wins against weak opponents. If I recall one was vs William & Mary.
And Dave Havern tells stories of how underfunded Pitt football was then. Pitt wouldn't even hire anyone to paint the locker rooms and yet Pitt played the most brutal schedule in the nation. The Pitt trustees are to blame. They have been undercutting sports for years and some of those turds are former Pitt players. Pitt will not spend money to win. The dreams of 11-0 seasons go up in smoke. Pitt trustees don't care, won't pay, don't try.

These are interesting times. How low will Pitt go? Gallagher is completely absent from the scene. I'm guessing he got rid of Pederson because he didn't like him - that's a completely natural response to a jackass. Ironically, what got Gallagher to dump Cornhole began at the Pitt Georgia Tech game in 2015. Pitt set a record for fumbling (so says Deadspin) and the Heinz was cavernous and empty as the game wore on.

What is he going to see this season at Heinz? And what did he see last hoops season?

Gallagher is the direct line to the BOTS. And he is doing nothing that we know of. If he agreed to hire Barnes to coax Jamie to move on, then he is the biggest hypocrite in a long history of chancellors who undercut athletics.

I have a hard time buying the theory of a nefarious plot to cut Jamie lose because he cost too much. But that keep percolating, doesn't it?

And Dave Havern tells stories of how underfunded Pitt football was then. Pitt wouldn't even hire anyone to paint the locker rooms and yet Pitt played the most brutal schedule in the nation. The Pitt trustees are to blame. They have been undercutting sports for years and some of those turds are former Pitt players. Pitt will not spend money to win. The dreams of 11-0 seasons go up in smoke. Pitt trustees don't care, won't pay, don't try.
Pitt was buying players when Dave Havern was on the team. Even offensive guard John Simpson was being paid. They were buying players and still stunk.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT