ADVERTISEMENT

Let me be the first to say Director of Athletics Lyke will deserve a massive raise if we make the tournament tonight.

The team is deserving but I believe in Lyke. Have faith panther nation.
I love Heather Lyke..... but why?

She has absolutely no sway or influence (or even potential sway or influence) on the committee. This isn't like maneuvering with the conference/bowls to get a better bowl game.

No AD in the country, except those on the committee - and there are actually only a couple of those - can do anything.

I love Heather Lyke..... but why?

She has absolutely no sway or influence (or even potential sway or influence) on the committee. This isn't like maneuvering with the conference/bowls to get a better bowl game.

No AD in the country, except those on the committee - and there are actually only a couple of those - can do anything.
You don't believe phone calls get made from unlisted numbers?

Gotta have faith that lyke can work some magic. Have faith. Just trying to manifest good vibes
I am real curious as to what "magic" you think an AD can "work" for the NCAA Basketball selection?

Too many people still with football-centric mindsets that think AD's can maneuver with bowls to get a better destination. It doesn't work like that.

As she’s way underperforming on the marketing and NIL fronts, I’m not sure I’d give her any credit for anything.

You don't believe phone calls get made from unlisted numbers?
And?

Actually, no. The committee makes no contacts with the outside world for the final 24-48 hours. They literally can't even take their phones in the room.

I stand corrected. I thought the rotating committee members had certain biases that could be exploited. I didn't know

I stand corrected. I thought the rotating committee members had certain biases that could be exploited. I didn't know
Whether they have personal biases or not is unknown. Being human, they probably do.

But there's 12 committee members.... and unless 7+ of them have biases in your favor, it isn't going to do any good.

Even if Heather could "get a message" to Bubba Cunningham - not that she'd need to, because Bubba probably already has a pro-ACC bias - he is only one of 12 committee members.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT