ADVERTISEMENT

LeVeon Bell is loving this

pittman71

All American
Sep 3, 2014
Steelers aren't even attempting to run the ball. No way will they be successful with no defense and no running game. Just a matter of time before Ben gets hurt.

F’ Him. The defense stinks with or without him.

I don't like him either, but right now the Steelers don't even have the threat of a running game. Unfortunately it won't be easy to find a replacement for Bell, as obviously Connor is not the answer.

The inability to run the ball has nothing to do with bell. The OL aid getting stuffed by the Ravens. Bell wouldn’t have any yards either

Bell is fast and strong enough to make people miss. Connor isn't as fast or strong. It is obvious.

Reactions: FreshCut
Steelers aren't even attempting to run the ball. No way will they be successful with no defense and no running game. Just a matter of time before Ben gets hurt.
Have you watched any other teams in the NFL lately? It's a league trend, not a Stillers don't have Bell n'at trend

Conner is leaving a lot of yards on the table, he has to quit dancing and get up field. His play tonight has been mediocre so far.

Reactions: pbrad and pittman71
Bro, no one runs the ball and no one (rare exceptions) plays defense

Eagles ran the ball last season. Jags have Fournette. New England basically runs by committee (had a 100 yard rusher today). Saints had an excellent running game last season. Atlanta has two excellent running backs. Dallas has Zeke.

You have to be able to least make the defense believe you can run the ball. From what I have seen from Pittsburgh they have given up on even trying to run it.

Eagles ran the ball last season. Jags have Fournette. New England basically runs by committee (had a 100 yard rusher today). Saints had an excellent running game last season. Atlanta has two excellent running backs. Dallas has Zeke.

You have to be able to least make the defense believe you can run the ball. From what I have seen from Pittsburgh they have given up on even trying to run it.
Your takes here are as bad as your locker room takes. What difference does it make if the defense can’t stop them? They’ve been putting together long successful drives even though it’s not the way you want them to. Relax.

Lev is probably in SF tokin' up a storm with Martavious Bryant, who dropped everything thrown at him today

Your takes here are as bad as your locker room takes. What difference does it make if the defense can’t stop them? They’ve been putting together long successful drives even though it’s not the way you want them to. Relax.

We'll see.

Bell has actually been really hit or miss against the Ravens. His rushing yards last four years against them, working backwards:

48, 144, 122, 32, DNP, 129, 20, 59

We'll see.
I’ll say this. Now that Haley is gone, Ben seems to be calling the shots again. He’s extending plays like he was several years ago. If he gets hurt, it’s likely going to be due to that.

Reactions: paulbl99
I’ll say this. Now that Haley is gone, Ben seems to be calling the shots again. He’s extending plays like he was several years ago. If he gets hurt, it’s likely going to be due to that.
Haley is a good OC. I’m not sure why he became the Boogeyman.

Reactions: pbrad
He’s doing lines off some meth head white stripper’s thighs in a Miami night club as we speak. So yeah, he’s probably loving it.

The inability to run the ball has nothing to do with bell. The OL aid getting stuffed by the Ravens. Bell wouldn’t have any yards either
Yeah its not the RB. The OL isn't getting any push at all. I haven't noticed is decastro playing tonight? I haven't seen more than one or two runs where any RB would have gotten anything. If they block connor can get yards.

Ben’s calling the shots, he wants to throw it all over the place. The o-line sucks and Ben was absolutely pathetic in the second half tonight. They didn’t abandon the run because they can’t run, this is just the nfl today and with Ben calling the shots it’s gonna be passing almost every down. Had bell been there tonight nothing changes in the running game, but guarantee he would’ve had 12-15 targets minimum coming out of the backfield.

The Steelers have scored zero points in the 2nd half in 3 out of 4 games this year.

I’m sure that’s happened before, but probably not for a long, long time. It is absolutely inexcusable for a team that has built itself around the offense.

Tomlin deserves some of the blame, but a lot of it is solely on Roethlisberger.

He has morphed into Eli Manning (the player whose career is most comparable), red hot on occasion, but a turnover machine more often than not. I’m sure he’ll have a few games where he can’t miss but other than that he is no longer a top QB.

Bell is fast and strong enough to make people miss. Connor isn't as fast or strong. It is obvious.
Spot on....

Some yingyang posted that Connor is 80% as effective as Bell....Bell may be a pot headed dumbass clown, but he’s twice the RB.

The Steelers have scored zero points in the 2nd half in 3 out of 4 games this year.

I’m sure that’s happened before, but probably not for a long, long time. It is absolutely inexcusable for a team that has built itself around the offense.

Tomlin deserves some of the blame, but a lot of it is solely on Roethlisberger.

He has morphed into Eli Manning (the player whose career is most comparable), red hot on occasion, but a turnover machine more often than not. I’m sure he’ll have a few games where he can’t miss but other than that he is no longer a top QB.

Is Watson the OC For the Steelers for the second half too? Lots of commonality between the teams

Awful coordinators
Offense stinks in the second half
No defense

He'll get good money. I just hope his best offer on the free market is less than the Steelers max offer. But he's probably missing out on a chance at a special year, he'll probably go to some crappy team like Jets and stumble around with a few 8-8 seasons... THE END.

Is it just me, but do their offensive schemes seem like 3rd grade, while the Ravens offensive schemes seemed intellectual and thought out? As for Ben, yeah, he's getting old, but right now, he's better than anyone else they have by 10-1, and when he goes, people will have dreams about his current skill level, because they might not see anything as good as this year's Ben for a decade, And Tomlin will have multiple losing seasons without Ben to carry him.

JC looks to be a convenient scapegoat for last night. Though the billion dollar OL wasn't run blocking worth a darn. I suppose some may think Bell could have magically found gaping holes or avoided the DBs that came up aggressively on the outside on every run. Hey maybe he could. I don't think anyone pretends JC brings that same kind of style to the table.

The OL did provide decent time for the QB but the ravens DBs generally covered well. Credit to them. It's a far better D than the Steelers have. Low bar there of course

Thought BR got away from the TEs and was forcing to AB too much. He needs a strong hand OC no matter how much he hates that.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I know that Conner is a favorite here as he should be but he played a bad game last night. He had problems at Pitt with too much North/South running at times and had the same issues last night.

He has really improved his speed and his feet are moving a lot faster but he has to recognize when to get up field and hit the hole. He had at least 3 plays last night that were 1-2 yard gains that should have been 4-5 yard gains due to dancing. And he missed a corner once where he could have had a decent sized gain.

He is young and will get better. A lot of NFL backs including Bell had similar issues earlier their careers. But, to say the OL is to blame for him leaving yards on the table just is not right. He has to play bigger at times and use his physical attributes better.

Reactions: paulbl99
I know that Conner is a favorite here as he should be but he played a bad game last night. He had problems at Pitt with too much North/South running at times and had the same issues last night.

He has really improved his speed and his feet are moving a lot faster but he has to recognize when to get up field and hit the hole. He had at least 3 plays last night that were 1-2 yard gains that should have been 4-5 yard gains due to dancing. And he missed a corner once where he could have had a decent sized gain.

He is young and will get better. A lot of NFL backs including Bell had similar issues earlier their careers. But, to say the OL is to blame for him leaving yards on the table just is not right. He has to play bigger at times and use his physical attributes better.
You should all remember that originally he was supposed to be a DE at Pitt, so coming out of HS he must not of been thought of highly as an RB

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT