ADVERTISEMENT

Like Pitino, Miller didn’t know either

Shocking that these coaches would not know this is happening. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

These guys are lying scum bags.

He's either a lying scumbag or he has no clue what is happening in his basketball program and with his coaches and is completely incompetent. Either way, he sucks as a coach and a person.

I can't stand what college basketball has turned into with these slimeball coaches. It has really turned my interest in Pitt from very high to who cares.

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

papa Miller was one of the best recruiters in the country but of course denied ever having influenced a kid to attend Blackhawk Hs

Reactions: McCool
you'd think these guys were smart enough to have zero traces of this leading back to them. of course the HC knows but the "details" of the transactions are done without them being involved. a small difference of course but I think a difference that could save him his job.. you think the Asst coach is really going to proceed with a 6 digit financial transaction to a recruit AGAINST the wishes of the HC? You really think someone would stick their neck out like that, going directly against what the HC wants? Of course no one believes that for a second..

It's like Nick Nolte in that movie in 90s, just get it done but don't tell me about it kind of a thing.. College hoops recruiting is a slimy business, that's for sure.. but these coaches like Miller SHOULD be smart enough to not being directly tied to this which could lead to their firing, or worse. Being pretty sure we know he is guilty is a big, BIG difference from being able to prove he is guilty.

Last edited:
you'd think these guys were smart enough to have zero traces of this leading back to them. of course the HC knows but the "details" of the transactions are done without them being involved. a small difference of course but I think a difference that could save him his job.. you think the Asst coach is really going to proceed with a 6 digit financial transaction to a recruit AGAINST the wishes of the HC? You really think someone would stick their neck out like that, going directly against what the HC wants? Of course no one believes that for a second..

It's like Nick Nolte in that movie in 90s, just get it done but don't tell me about it kind of a thing.. College hoops recruiting is a slimy business, that's for sure.. but these coaches like Miller SHOULD be smart enough to not being directly tied to this which could lead to their firing, or worse. Being pretty sure we know he is guilty is a big, BIG difference from being able to prove he is guilty.
For sure. It's why an academic fraud investigation at UNC can last 7 years, yet The the CEO of the hoops program has yet to be implicated.

Btw. Next up for al Pacino after the Paterno flick is Blue Chips 2, where he plays the part of Rick Pitino.

It clearly works when it’s just the NCAA - just like the above poster said about the 7 year investigation. This is a whole different deal with feds involved. And if RICO can be applied the small ones might be easy to flip.

And flipping might not even be necessary in all cases. Already been reported that “coach 2” in the report released is Pitino.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
It will be a house of cards which I cant wait to see!
One coach will roll on the other, one player will roll on the other!
This is a fast track to the basketball and football minor leauges!

It will be a house of cards which I cant wait to see!
One coach will roll on the other, one player will roll on the other!
This is a fast track to the basketball and football minor leauges!
That’s a bingo.

Said it here way ago this model is UNSUSTAINABLE

Not only is the talent receiving squat compared to the Billions and Billions the other participants profit , it’s likely on average they come from poverty.
It will crash. This could be the igniter

Huggins had an interesting take. He said he couldn’t do it for fear of being able to coach them. They’d have too much leverage.

Now I’m not saying I believe he’s never done it. It’s a dirty dirty game. But it’s still an interesting point nonetheless.

Not only is the talent receiving squat compared to the Billions and Billions the other participants profit , it’s likely on average they come from poverty.

Who exactly is making billions? The vast majority of athletic departments don't even break even.

Who exactly is making billions? The vast majority of athletic departments don't even break even.
They spend it bro
They make it and The spend it

Coaches
Asst Coaches
ADs
Tv network Yummies
Announcers
Builders building palaces

That's what I'm talking about.
It's billions out there over years

Bet that.

Best case scenario for Pitt: Miller admits nothing and is never named, or charged with anything but Az fires him anyway since this happened under his watch. Then, he replaces Stallings and brings Pitt back to relevance. If you wouldn't hire Sean Miller to coach this dead program, you're crazy.

Best case scenario for Pitt: Miller admits nothing and is never named, or charged with anything but Az fires him anyway since this happened under his watch. Then, he replaces Stallings and brings Pitt back to relevance. If you wouldn't hire Sean Miller to coach this dead program, you're crazy.
What good is Sean without being able to cheat? B$$k Richard$on brought in the big fish.

Not any one school ....
The " business "

Get a clue

https://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/5/15/3021940/chart-revenues-profits-college-athletics
https://www.teamspeedkills.com/2012/5/15/3021940/chart-revenues-profits-college-athletics
"Only 22 programs were profitable in 2010-11 net of subsidies. Nine of them were in the SEC, with only Auburn (loss of $822,383) and Ole Miss (loss of $1,589,324) taking hits. Seven were in the Big Ten, five were in the Big 12, and one (Oregon, thanks Phil Knight!) was in the Pac-10. Not a single ACC or Big East program was above water without subsidies."

http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Myth-College-Sports-Are-a-Cash-Cow2.aspx

"The six elite leagues in Division I are those that participate in the Bowl Championship Series: the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10, and Southeastern conferences. Even with bowl-game revenues and television contracts, however, public institutions in those conferences provided an average of $5.9 million to athletics in fiscal 2009, including $2.4 million in direct general-fund support and another $2.4 million in student fees."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2015/11/23/running-up-the-bills/

"The number of profitable athletics departments, according to NCAA data, has remained remarkably stable for years: about 15 to 25 every year. NCAA officials have repeatedly cited this statistic to argue against expanded benefits for athletes."

Do schools spend wastefully? Absolutely. Will carving out even more revenue to redirect to players limit the inequity between the teams? Absolutely not. Texas and OSU and their kind will still have plenty to spend and schools like Pitt will have facilities more decrepit than Pitt Stadium.

"Only 22 programs were profitable in 2010-11 net of subsidies. Nine of them were in the SEC, with only Auburn (loss of $822,383) and Ole Miss (loss of $1,589,324) taking hits. Seven were in the Big Ten, five were in the Big 12, and one (Oregon, thanks Phil Knight!) was in the Pac-10. Not a single ACC or Big East program was above water without subsidies."

http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Myth-College-Sports-Are-a-Cash-Cow2.aspx

"The six elite leagues in Division I are those that participate in the Bowl Championship Series: the Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pacific-10, and Southeastern conferences. Even with bowl-game revenues and television contracts, however, public institutions in those conferences provided an average of $5.9 million to athletics in fiscal 2009, including $2.4 million in direct general-fund support and another $2.4 million in student fees."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/sports/wp/2015/11/23/running-up-the-bills/

"The number of profitable athletics departments, according to NCAA data, has remained remarkably stable for years: about 15 to 25 every year. NCAA officials have repeatedly cited this statistic to argue against expanded benefits for athletes."

Do schools spend wastefully? Absolutely. Will carving out even more revenue to redirect to players limit the inequity between the teams? Absolutely not. Texas and OSU and their kind will still have plenty to spend and schools like Pitt will have facilities more decrepit than Pitt Stadium.
You miss the point
It's a billion $ industry; profit of individual programs don't mean jack squat.

Try half a clue if that helps.

Hint: there's billions and billions floating around the business
The talent gets next to nothing comparatively
The model will not survive.

Bet that.

Last edited:
Now you have 2 crusades with ZERO chance of happening this or the next decade.

-A stadium in the heart of dump-like Oakland

-Miller coaching Pitt BB

3 if you include JAYPA coaching Pitts QBs.

You miss the point
It's a billion $ industry; profit of individual programs don't mean jack squat.

Try half a clue if that helps.

Hint: there's billions and billions in the business

Bet that.

So you don't know what "profit" means... OK.

So you don't know what "profit" means... OK.
I do, that's why I'm telling you you are totally missing the point.
You don't know what revenue means.

Try looking up the billions being generated
And spent.

The end.

Last edited:
What good is Sean without being able to cheat? B$$k Richard$on brought in the big fish.
I'm OK with cheating, these programs will get a slap on the wrist and stay on top, so why not? What are you gaining by being clean? Other than being a sucker.

I'm OK with cheating, these programs will get a slap on the wrist and stay on top, so why not? What are you gaining by being clean? Other than being a sucker.
If this were the empty suits of the NCAA I'd think possibly spot on.

But Feds.
Different ball game

Somebody and probably more than just a few.....going down. Bigly

Jmo

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

He can still cheat the legal way as in boosters giving recruits bags of money and no-show jobs, jobs for family members, etc.

He can still cheat the legal way as in boosters giving recruits bags of money and no-show jobs, jobs for family members, etc.
Bring back The Golden Panthers and tell the pinheads and eggheads to run academics and take a hike otherwise.

Could work

The story is already dead. No further buzz. They got Pitino out, a big fish, so they can declare victory. As for Miller there must not be anything on him, or he would have stayed totally silent. Nobody cares about The other assistants ... collateral damage.

The FBI is as political as any other Fed organization (the past year should be enough proof of that) and major college sports has too many friends in high places in Congress. They'll be strongarmed... likely already have...to lay off if they tried to go after REALLY elite programs that cheat much more than these two.

The story is already dead. No further buzz. They got Pitino out, a big fish, so they can declare victory. As for Miller there must not be anything on him, or he would have stayed totally silent. Nobody cares about The other assistants ... collateral damage.

The FBI is as political as any other Fed organization (the past year should be enough proof of that) and major college sports has too many friends in high places in Congress. They'll be strongarmed... likely already have...to lay off if they tried to go after REALLY elite programs that cheat much more than these two.
Good story here .....,actually

But why spend all that money to take down Pitino and a few rummies.
Congress sb all over the FBI spending money for at the end of the day nothing really.

I’m guessing it’s far from over.

Best case scenario for Pitt: Miller is on some video that the FBI has actually handing some recruit a sack of cash so that we never have to hear about him coming to Pitt ever again.

The only thing that makes it better is if his old man is there counting out the money before he puts it into the sack.

Exactly, do all that. Go all in, or go D3, I'd still watch Pitt, even if they where playing W&J. if being clean means so much to you, why play D1?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT