ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at Jurkovec!

Nah. Complete black eye on our program. People should be held accountable.
I’ll admit the idea had some merit on paper at the time he was brought in. Familiarity with Cig etc. But it had a lot of negatives. For one the guy and his family has rather definitively given Pitt the brush off back in the day. Folks “in the know” at PR indicated they’d been very arrogant with Narduzzi and dismissive of Pitt. Nobody can blame a guy for having the “dream”of playing for ND … but being a dick about it, that’s a complete different thing.

Still I think we could have gotten over that if he’d gone on to significant success on the field at ND and then BC, except for the fact he’d had basically none at all. In fact the only really solid game he had at either previous school had been a game against… us.

Even THAT is nothing to hold against him, but then everything here went completely wrong on the field, mostly all on him and his biblically bad play, yet then he showed his true colors and blamed the fans and university.

So given everything involved it is quite difficult to “feel bad for him” or some of the similar stuff I was hearing from bleeding hearts before and during the game yesterday. I don’t think it’s necessary to pound him on it continuously after the fact … but let’s call it a cautionary tale for all involved. Guys who think their sh1t don’t stink shouldn’t act that way on the way up, because there’s often a long hard comedown. And coaches shouldn’t get blindly wedded to a plan that seemed ok on paper 10 months ago…a season is short, the most important game is the one you are playing right now. You can’t give losses away. These are big boys and they can take being pulled from a game when they are the ones clearly losing it … and if they can’t take that, make up a fake injury and send them home. They’re poison.

This story is equivalent to finally getting the girl that turned you down in high school. You finally get her five years later, but she's now a washed up skank...lol. 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: Farnox and 303vND
You are a moron if you think it cost us 4 games. The overall talent level of this team isn’t nearly as good as the last 2 years. We’d probably be 3-3 right now if CV started all year.
I think we would have beaten Cincy and VT with CV at QB. We would be 4-2

Reactions: 303vND
It is about evaluation and accountability. That it took this long for Cignetti to pull the plug on his hand picked QB(because for some really odd reason, PN made him the final decision maker) - should be the end of his employment at Pitt.

Not necessarily. I think especially with the defense, they were tight and team felt handcuffed with the prodigal son at QB.

Last night I saw a team that was loose and flying around to the ball, and a QB who wasn’t conceding short fields for the D to try and defend.

And isn’t it funny the play calling magically seemed better??

It is about evaluation and accountability. That it took this long for Cignetti to pull the plug on his hand picked QB(because for some really odd reason, PN made him the final decision maker) - should be the end of his employment at Pitt.
Veilleux is his hand picked QB.

Who's? Because we absolutely know Jarcovek was Cignetti's handpicked QB.
I don't believe that for a second. Why didn't he bring Cigs on board in 2022?

Jurkovec was simply an experienced QB that knew the system brought in to bridge the gap because Slovis was bailing and Whipple didn't seem to bother recruiting an ACC caliber successor to Kenny.

Was he supposed to go into 2023 depending only on Veilleux and Yarnell?

I'm not defending the product he put on the field these first 6 games, but the head coach did him absolutely no favors.

You are a moron if you think it cost us 4 games. The overall talent level of this team isn’t nearly as good as the last 2 years. We’d probably be 3-3 right now if CV started all year.
Meh.... WVU is a win with CV and I'm not so sure you can just count us out of the other two. Obviously there is no direct science to this so no one knows for sure what would have happened but it's pretty obvious who the better QB is and most likely always was. Guessing Pat wanted to give him every chance since this is his last shot, but dude should have like an MBA by now with all the free college he has gotten. He should do just fine in life.

I don't believe that for a second. Why didn't he bring Cigs on board in 2022?

Jurkovec was simply an experienced QB that knew the system brought in to bridge the gap because Slovis was bailing and Whipple didn't seem to bother recruiting an ACC caliber successor to Kenny.

Was he supposed to go into 2023 depending only on Veilleux and Yarnell?

I'm not defending the product he put on the field these first 6 games, but the head coach did him absolutely no favors.
Well…you’re dreaming in color. That’s the reason he wasn’t benched three games ago!

Hindsight is 50//50, or so we've been told.

I don't think there's a coach in the country that would actually do that unless they strongly felt they had some generational talent. Probably not even then.

I'm not saying there's any real chance it would have happened, merely that had it happened we would almost certainly be better off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT