ADVERTISEMENT

Maison de Chryst

Look at the shot that shows a wall behind the pool table, looks like mostly UW stuff on that wall? Was there nothing Pitt related that he wanted on that wall? Guess he knew he was a short-timer here.

Nice digs.

But failed to see the giant smoker for the bratwurst or moose lodge room?

Originally posted by California Panther:
Look at the shot that shows a wall behind the pool table, looks like mostly UW stuff on that wall? Was there nothing Pitt related that he wanted on that wall? Guess he knew he was a short-timer here.
Pitt is the ping pong table wall.

This is such a sad state of affairs on our society when a mediocre football coach on a mediocre college football program can afford such a house.

I just got images in my head of Paul in that bed, pulling back the curtains and looking at his wife after completing the deal with a "well, that was neat."

Eh ...

It is super nice for sure, but my wife has those flipping shows and property brothers shows and the such on all the time, and honestly, you see better every day when they are on, with people who aren't any major contributors to the world.

Why the freak are we loking at his house ? WHY DO WE CARE ? Have we sunk that low or are that bored ? Cmom people , damn.

Nope, its a glad state of affairs that the joint only goes for $1.2 large.

Pgh is a great place to live. Frankly, that house is way too frilly for my taste. I don't like the mosquito netting in the bedroom, either. Paul Chryst....man of mystery??

LMAO. Beautiful.

But I have to admit, I picture him saying "dangit, Peggy!"

10799-peggy-hill-is-the-wife-of-hank-hill-and-the-mother-of-bobby-hill.jpg

I think you can be pretty sure the house was staged and that those are not Chryst's possessions. Frankly, not very impressed with the house, finishings or floor plan. Really cut up...cheap looking molding and hardware, cabinetry also unimpressive [Home Depot-esque], and the wood colors just do not work. Shocked that a house like that is worth a million+ in the Pittsburgh real estate market. Good luck selling it! Thanks for posting though to the OP...was worth a few minutes of amusement. Hail to Pitt!

i'm with the lawyer, other than the high ceilings there wasn't much to like about that house. a lot of fixtures and furnishings and paneling and wood and stone that looks nice at first glance then you notice it's just a bunch of expensive-looking stuff thrown together without rhyme or reason.

All that tan and taupe in a home that large has to be one of the most boring color pallets I've seen in a while. Totally dig that tub though.

Re: Reply

Originally posted by PITTLAW:
I think you can be pretty sure the house was staged and that those are not Chryst's possessions. Frankly, not very impressed with the house, finishings or floor plan. Really cut up...cheap looking molding and hardware, cabinetry also unimpressive [Home Depot-esque], and the wood colors just do not work. Shocked that a house like that is worth a million+ in the Pittsburgh real estate market. Good luck selling it! Thanks for posting though to the OP...was worth a few minutes of amusement. Hail to Pitt!
Pine Twp is a pretty hot place to live right now. The house could use some updates, color, and pizzazz, but I have seen houses not as nice go for 7 figures in that area. He might not get list price, but he should get north of a mil.

Interesting to know about that market. Place is a very bad McMansion type home, in my opinion. Stock veneer cabinetry, really bad and dated lighting/plumbing fixtures, horribly drab color scheme, and nothing special or remarkable about the home whatsoever. Designer was so lazy and unimaginative that they used the same wood flooring, same cabinetry and stone countertops throughout the house. Yuck! House reaks of typical early 80's-90's track development style. Oh well, as they say, there is a lid for every pot. Hail to Pitt!

Pittlaw, not disagreeing at all, but doesn't that fit our former coach's personality to a t. Dry and drab...

All true but it's Xanadu compared to Todd Graham's place. Tough to forget that place.

Interesting to know about that market. Place is a very bad McMansion type home, in my opinion. Stock veneer cabinetry, really bad and dated lighting/plumbing fixtures, horribly drab color scheme, and nothing special or remarkable about the home whatsoever. Designer was so lazy and unimaginative that they used the same wood flooring, same cabinetry and stone countertops throughout the house. Yuck! House reaks of typical early 80's-90's track development style. Oh well, as they say, there is a lid for every pot. Hail to Pitt!
Well, I work for a track builder so I know the industry pretty well. This is no track home. It was custom built by Wellington or Hurich most likely and although it has a very muted color pallete, and I too hate so much of the wood paneling, this is a very well built home that just needs some updating. In this price range they really need to replace the kitchen with antique white or a dark twilight finish for the cabinetry and go with a high end stainless appliance scheme. They already have the hardcore viking range, they just need to do the rest. FWIW, they just put in a six-figure pool, stone patio and outdoor fireplace, so I think Paul was planning to stay longer than this year.

LOL...that I am becoming the arbitor of taste:) I agree that it is a far better home--as it should be for $600,000+ more asking price. Not a huge fan of wrought-iron--which this place is loaded with throughout. Also done in a very neutral color pallete--but I guess that is how realtors are staging places these days. My guess is he will be lucky to get what he paid for it. Hail to Pitt!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT