ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Rudolph haters..

Pittsburgh "fans' are largely as loud, annoying, and obnoxious as the fans we complain about in other cities. I respect your opinion, but you can't even go to church without seeing a bunch of people in Steelers jerseys and a lot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the team and sport in general.
Agree 1000%

Reactions: boseman7
Pittsburgh "fans' are largely as loud, annoying, and obnoxious as the fans we complain about in other cities. I respect your opinion, but you can't even go to church without seeing a bunch of people in Steelers jerseys and a lot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the team and sport in general.
Sounds like sports fans in general. If you think that about Steelers fans, I can only imagine your opinion of large state universities that pack 90,000+ fans in their stadiums each week.

you can't even go to church without seeing a bunch of people in Steelers jerseys and a lot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the team and sport in general.
Maybe , but there are many who have a healthy obsession with a Steeler Sunday . Family goes to church (or not) goes to the house, has their form of a party together, and root for their hometown team together, once Sunday is over go back to whatever. I know many daughters that are now in their 50's whose best times with Dad were during Sunday afternoons in the fall. Doing things together as a family like golfing or a pirates game or whatever is what is all about, when you work 6 days a week, Sunday afternoon with the family was a real treasure and it is free, but make no mistake, the obsession is for the three hours together, IMHO

Reactions: BTisinDC
I really hope the Steelers lose tomorrow. This soap opera of a season just needs to end.
Soap Opera Drama GIF by The3Flamingos

The chief must be rolling in his grave over what these clowns have turned his proud franchise into. It makes me vomit. Just lose and for goodness sake fire Tomlin. There has been so much drama under his watch. I don't care how many games he won 10 years ago.
There really isn’t any drama
Just media trying to create some for attention

Sounds like sports fans in general. If you think that about Steelers fans, I can only imagine your opinion of large state universities that pack 90,000+ fans in their stadiums each week.
Pittsburgh is like a little college town in that there isn't much going on outside of the Steelers. Bigger cities enjoy sports but don't obsess over it the way Pittsburgh does. What else is Pittsburgh known for other than Steelers and the old Steel mills? Lots of people in PGH will have terrible towels in their caskets or at their funerals or get married in Steelers jerseys. That's ......
Maybe , but there are many who have a healthy obsession with a Steeler Sunday . Family goes to church (or not) goes to the house, has their form of a party together, and root for their hometown team together, once Sunday is over go back to whatever. I know many daughters that are now in their 50's whose best times with Dad were during Sunday afternoons in the fall. Doing things together as a family like golfing or a pirates game or whatever is what is all about, when you work 6 days a week, Sunday afternoon with the family was a real treasure and it is free, but make no mistake, the obsession is for the three hours together, IMHO
Well yeah....but I wasn't talking about them. I'm talking about the lunatic whose seeming only joy in life is Steelers football. I can't even turn on the radio after the Steelers lose this city has a funeral 🤣. Not literally of course but metaphorically.

Even my family who qualified for those types probably 15 years ago-
Don’t live a die with the team the last 10 years
Yes, I think that is a universal feeling, those 1972-1982ish years were a unique dynamic which have slowly diminished over time, I think

Yes, I think that is a universal feeling, those 1972-1982ish years were a unique dynamic which have slowly diminished over time, I think
Far more entertainment options now

I mean when you had 6 channels of course it was appointment viewing

Now that Kenny is healthy, does Tomlin go with him if they make the playoffs?
That's a tough one honestly. He hasn't played in like a month, but if he's your starter, you probably have to at least connsider it. On the other hand, they have very little chance of advancing in the playoffs if they make it.

So apparently, this guy who was supposed to be a back up quarterback, just led the Steelers to the playoffs.

Tomlin has no guts. He will play Mason and the Steelers will get smashed.
I just wish the Steelers had the same game plan with Kenny as they did with Mason.
You think they have a better chance with Kenny? Mason is mediocre at best, a backup at best, but do you really see Kenny being any better? Based on what?

Okay, so he lost his job due to injury. In other words he was benched.
He was "wally Pipp'd"

Its Mason from here on out, this year. outside of an injury of course. but yeah, kenny needs to get ready for '24, he's running out of time here in pittsburgh, the window for him is closing here.

He was "wally Pipp'd"

Its Mason from here on out, this year. outside of an injury of course. but yeah, kenny needs to get ready for '24, he's running out of time here in pittsburgh, the window for him is closing here.
It would be the dumbest decision ever to start onetime but Rudy. A good game Saturday imo makes him the default starter next year I think this game will clear up the question of whether it was Rudy who provided the spark or just fools gold in That they faced some bad defenses and Canada was dumped

It would be the dumbest decision ever to start onetime but Rudy. A good game Saturday imo makes him the default starter next year I think this game will clear up the question of whether it was Rudy who provided the spark or just fools gold in That they faced some bad defenses and Canada was dumped
hmm, not sure about next year. i am hoping a new year, a new OC (Hopefully not an internal hire), 10000% clean slate, open job, may the best man win..

that's what i hope for anyways. time will tell. honestly, the way tomlin has treated rudolph, dude should be begging his agent to get him the hell out of pittsburgh.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
hmm, not sure about next year. i am hoping a new year, a new OC (Hopefully not an internal hire), 10000% clean slate, open job, may the best man win..

that's what i hope for anyways. time will tell. honestly, the way tomlin has treated rudolph, dude should be begging his agent to get him the hell out of pittsburgh.
IMO if the money is even he’s leavin. My only Caveat is some of that may depend upon who the new OC is. If they do what I think they’ll do which is keep the current arrangement he’s gone.

Also if Rudy as a really good game how can he not be the starter going into next year ? I don’t think that will happen but if it does he has to be the starter

IMO if the money is even he’s leavin. My only Caveat is some of that may depend upon who the new OC is. If they do what I think they’ll do which is keep the current arrangement he’s gone.

Also if Rudy as a really good game how can he not be the starter going into next year ? I don’t think that will happen but if it does he has to be the starter
if he plays well and we win a playoff game for the first time in awhile then yes, i'd imagine all hell would break loose with fans and media if he was the backup again in '24 behind Kenny..

if he plays well and we win a playoff game for the first time in awhile then yes, i'd imagine all hell would break loose with fans and media if he was the backup again in '24 behind Kenny..
by the way I do like how Rudy hangs in the pocket. I think KP could benefit from working on that. Of course it helps when you’re more confident you’re not going to face jail breaks every other play

by the way I do like how Rudy hangs in the pocket. I think KP could benefit from working on that. Of course it helps when you’re more confident you’re not going to face jail breaks every other play
that's my biggest compliment. he hangs and hangs and hangs in pocket, almost to a fault lol. and yes, kenny bails out of pocket soo quickly, if anything, i'd love Kenny to "learn" this from Mason..

That throw a few games ago to Pickens, where he hung in pocket and made that throw to clinch the game, was a thing of beauty..

Reactions: pittbb80
that's my biggest compliment. he hangs and hangs and hangs in pocket, almost to a fault lol. and yes, kenny bails out of pocket soo quickly, if anything, i'd love Kenny to "learn" this from Mason..

That throw a few games ago to Pickens, where he hung in pocket and made that throw to clinch the game, was a thing of beauty..
Agreed. I think he’s going to see a lot more pressure Saturday. Will be interesting to see if he continues to hang in the pocket like he has

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT