ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Rudolph haters..

I kinda hope Kenny uses this as motivation. Maybe he needed this wake up call to salvage his career whether it be here or elsewhere. Everyone here wrote off James Conner and he has done well in Arizona and it seems they appreciate him there.
People didn't write off Conner, they all saw he played at a high NFL level as a RB, the knock on him was he couldn't stay healthy, Kenny has played at a below average level for an NFL QB and he gets hurt a lot too.

This could just be BS but most Steelers fans hate Pickett so will choose to believe it anyway I guess.
People have only started to dislike KP recently because he usually fails to produce, week after week after week and they're tired of waiting. Do you not see all the #8 jerseys in the stands?

Reactions: Schaef60
What can we say about the 20+ data points about Kenny?

He's not the answer either, at least not yet. He was a very good college QB. He has proven so far he isn't very good in the NFL. I'd like to see if he can do anything behind a decent OL and with the running game we have now that can open up the passing game.

TBH, I don't think he'll be a Steeler for too long. Which will be good for him, hopefully.

Same guy who decades ago started rumors on Kordell Stewart in Frick Park? That f@cking guy? THAT guy???

Yeah good luck with that…FFS…dude lies constantly.
Apparently both Kaboly and Dulac hinted at it, neither wrote about it. Kaboly's radio segment is posted above.

Oh must be true then 🥴

Pittsburgh Sports media is 75% scandal rumor mongering and 25 % actual sports news…& it’s basically mob mentality…

It’s never changed in decades
Even if it is true they won't report on it because they don't want to ruffle the feathers of the Steelers staff and front office.

Please reread my post and look for the BUT. BUT is an important word in my post and cannot be overlooked! My premise that the staff could have been wrong is implied with BUT
Got it. I should not have to implied otherwise, but I see that I did, you are correct, for some reason certain guys get more rope than they should, Devin Bush saga is an example.

Reactions: WillyDavis33
Ok boys. So what do we do next year?

I like Pickett, believe he deserves to compete for a starting job with a new oc. I think Rudolph is an above avg backup.

I am not sure I want those two only for next year with drafting a late rd qb. But do u go after a decent free agff we nt to compete with both?

Do u let Rudolph hit FA and go after a free agent?

I don’t know the answer.

I want the Steelers to win, and yes, they should play Mason, who’s got the hot hand.

But isn’t it revolutionary that the success of the Steelers offense (lately) coincides with the emergence of a running game that is downright respectable??? (Some folks apparently haven’t heard that a good passing game can be set-up
with a good running game…..)

I like Pickett, believe he deserves to compete for a starting job with a new oc. I think Rudolph is an above avg backup.

I am not sure I want those two only for next year with drafting a late rd qb. But do u go after a decent free agff we nt to compete with both?

I don’t know the answer.
I have felt that they should release Tribisky, bring in what would hopefully be a competent FA, and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round if there is someone they really like.

Have an open competition.

Kenny will be on a contract year. They will need to decide if they should carry him a fifth year. I do believe KP can be a reliable backup at worst. I still think he needs more seasoning though. Rudy has played well and deserves to continue to play but it has been a small sample size over two mediocre defenses.

I want the Steelers to win, and yes, they should play Mason, who’s got the hot hand.

But isn’t it revolutionary that the success of the Steelers offense (lately) coincides with the emergence of a running game that is downright respectable??? (Some folks apparently haven’t heard that a good passing game can be set-up
Yea but isn’t it a coincidence that we hit a couple balls downfield and all if a sudden defenses don’t crowd the line?

You have a threat to hit passes deep, it helps the run game. This is football 101.

You guys really think that the OL and Harris and Warren just figured it’s time to play hard, in week 17?

I have felt that they should release Tribisky, bring in what would hopefully be a competent FA, and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round if there is someone they really like.

Kenny will be on a contract year. They will need to decide if they should carry him a fifth year. I do believe KP can be a reliable backup at worst. I still think he needs more seasoning though. Rudy has played well and deserves to continue to play but it has been a small sample size over two mediocre defenses.
Honestly, in any scenario, I have Mitch not on this roster.

Can’t for the life of me see how you could bring him back in any way, shape or form.

I stand corrected. KP will not be on his contract year yet. Having said that I still think next year could be an important one in deciding his future as a franchise QB.

guys, this debate about KP sitting out is pretty simple.

If he dresses against the ravens and is back up, madden is full of S. If he doesn’t, even though he’s healthy, then Mark Madden is right.

We will know for sure, one way or the other, soon enough. If he didn’t want to backup Rudolph last week, it’s not like he will be cool backing him up this week.

I don’t know the answer.
Sign Justin Fields and let him, Rudolph, and Pickett compete for the job.

You’re calling someone else dumb after the dumb post you made??? That’s funny Joe.

No, no, you are absolutely right. No other team in the whole NFL even knew who Mason Rudolph was, let alone had any kind of scouting report on him.

Really, how could anyone in the NFL have known anything about the guy?

Yup. Those 46 handoffs for over 200 yards rushing were impressive

Rudy had another solid game behind an OL that finally controlled the LOS.

True, but he also made plays that kept the chains moving, in order to be able to hand off more.

Kenny only did that consistency late in games. Mitch didn’t, and committed costly turnovers.

So it all works together, and that formula is working under Mason.

The long term view might be different. At the very least, Kenny will be competing for that job again.

Last edited:
This clears up nothing and is basically circular logic because it references Mark Madden… lol

Anyone on this board could’ve put this together after perusing a few tweets

That article actually contradicts somewhat what Madden said. Madden said Pickett refused to be the backup. That story says that Trubisky was going to be the backup and the Pickett refused to be the emergency quarterback.

Although to be fair, Madden probably doesn't understand that the backup and the emergency quarterback are two different things.

And this all started with the first game post Canada firing. Pickett threw for 278, Harris ran for 99 and the first 400 yard game in about a century (yes, I’m exaggerating). Pickett also started out the next game 7-10 for 70 before getting hurt.

Trubisky then stunk for the next two plus games.

Rudolph came in and in his starts the offense put up 397 and 468 yards. Harris had 200 yards rushing in the two games. And the offense scored 30+ in both games, the only times that’s happened all season.

So, are we ready to write off Pickett because he got injured and didn’t get enough time with better coaching? Do we honestly think Rudolph is anything more than a quality backup? Should we trade up to draft Michael Penix?

I for one think this OC hire is the most important move the Steelers will have made since drafting Big Ben. And can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

No way in hell KP “refused to be the backup”. And that’s the message that is getting out there.

The only possible sliver of truth is that he found out he was going to be the emergency QB due to lack of reps, but then said he would prefer not to dress (likely because it would put attention to him as “benched” as opposed to “hurt”).

Because it’s only a .1% that comes into play, it’s not a huge deal. But it does kind of indicate he might not be thrilled with the current events as they pertain to him.

He’s been agitating all day. Of course he’ll claim he’s the only person that will report negative stuff. He sees mediocre Steelers football as a gold mine for his radio show.

And of course the reason that he has no problem saying negative stuff like that is that even if he's wrong, he never, ever, goes anywhere near that locker room so he'll never have to face the people that he made shit up about.

I don’t know the answer.

I'm a fan of finding a QB through the draft, so I'd give Pickett another year. If he's doing the same old stuff (including going 7-5 in spite of abysmal stat lines that make you wonder how the hell we're 7-5), then I'm drafting a QB in the first round in 2025.

It's about finding a championship-caliber guy, not making excuses for someone who wins a little more than he loses in spite of typically maxing out at about 19 points.

But I'm always skeptical about signing a QB via free agency, because they're A) Not cheap and B) Typically broken in one way or another (including being well past their prime). Teams don't let the really good ones go like that.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
How many “legit” OCs are there in the NFL today?
You can find one who has more than 1 year nfl coaching experience, unlike the guy Tomlin recently hired. Maybe tomlin can look at San Fransisco or LA Rams coaching staff, or one that has already done it in the NFL and will be out of a job due to coaching staff changes?

This clears up nothing and is basically circular logic because it references Mark Madden… lol

Anyone on this board could’ve put this together after perusing a few tweets
The only Madden reference was he was the first to report it. That’s just professional courtesy, not using it for any sourcing.

DK has two short stories basically refuting everything.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT