ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Rudolph haters..

The only Madden reference was he was the first to report it. That’s just professional courtesy, not using it for any sourcing.

DK has two short stories basically refuting everything.
I haven't followed this entire thread so someone might have already stated this, but the "Kenny refused to be backup " rumor was also run by Vuk and his network of "professional journalists."

I haven't followed this entire thread so someone might have already stated this, but the "Kenny refused to be backup " rumor was also run by Vuk and his network of "professional journalists."
Click bait artists and a professional troll agree ?
Ya don’t say ?
When actual journalists refute -
We rather have drama

Wait, that looks like a Vuk run site? OMG, this is the source of the rumor. Those clowns would write anything to get a click. Let me get this straight....

Fat blob Madden tweets a rumor based on his source, and we know nobody with the Steelers would ever tell him anything. A Vuk blog site picks it up and writes an article about it.

Holy Christ there isn't an ounce of journalistic integrity in any of this. It's the equivalent of B12 fanboys talking about stealing ACC schools.

Wait, that looks like a Vuk run site? OMG, this is the source of the rumor. Those clowns would write anything to get a click. Let me get this straight....

Fat blob Madden tweets a rumor based on his source, and we know nobody with the Steelers would ever tell him anything. A Vuk blog site picks it up and writes an article about it.

Holy Christ there isn't an ounce of journalistic integrity in any of this. It's the equivalent of B12 fanboys talking about stealing ACC schools.

Chris Carter had Alan Saunders on his locked on podcast. It very likely is coming from or at least amplified by Vuks steelers site.

Ok boys. So what do we do next year?

I like Pickett, believe he deserves to compete for a starting job with a new oc. I think Rudolph is an above avg backup.

I am not sure I want those two only for next year with drafting a late rd qb. But do u go after a decent free agff we nt to compete with both?

Do u let Rudolph hit FA and go after a free agent?

I don’t know the answer.
Mason is going to want a 2-year $10m/year deal to be a priority backup or compete for the job. I'm also not sure he wants to stay here given what he's been through the last few years. I think we'd have to overpay to keep him. Backup QB is not something to overpay for. I am not willing to give him what he wants based on just 2 good games against bad opponents.

I'd ride with Kenny and then sign an experienced veteran like Jacoby Brissett to a 1 year, $8m deal. He could take over if Pickett fails. If that's the case, then you also go after QB in 2025.

Mason is going to want a 2-year $10m/year deal to be a priority backup or compete for the job. I'm also not sure he wants to stay here given what he's been through the last few years. I think we'd have to overpay to keep him. Backup QB is not something to overpay for. I am not willing to give him what he wants based on just 2 good games against bad opponents.

I'd ride with Kenny and then sign an experienced veteran like Jacoby Brissett to a 1 year, $8m deal. He could take over if Pickett fails. If that's the case, then you also go after QB in 2025.
i think mason walks but i want to also go after a good FA qb to compete for the job with KP. think Tanneyhill and cousins and mayfield want a guaranteed spot so they are out, maybe that next wave of Free Agents.

maybe a darnold, brissett like you said, minchew, or a wentz. not sure i want a winston or mariota but beggars cant be choosers. getting a good FA qb in here under the assumption that they will have to compete against Pickett, who will get the benefit of the doubt on the competition, is a tough sell to a FA qb. especially when you dont even have an OC..

and as soon as i come up wiht my solution to next years QB situation, this comes out..

Of course Rudolph would still have to sign off on that, which i doubt he'd do. cant possibly imagine him not wanting to see what's out there.

i think mason walks but i want to also go after a good FA qb to compete for the job with KP. think Tanneyhill and cousins and mayfield want a guaranteed spot so they are out, maybe that next wave of Free Agents.

maybe a darnold, brissett like you said, minchew, or a wentz. not sure i want a winston or mariota but beggars cant be choosers. getting a good FA qb in here under the assumption that they will have to compete against Pickett, who will get the benefit of the doubt on the competition, is a tough sell to a FA qb. especially when you dont even have an OC..
Yeah some of those guys will be out there. My $.02:

Cousins: not coming here unless they get rid of Kenny. He's a guaranteed starter and won't play anywhere with a backup of that caliber. Will get north of $30m/year. Stays in MIN.

Mayfield: lesser version of Cousins in that I think he'll want a pretty unambiguous path to start. I think Tampa likes him and he stays there on a deal like Geno Smith got.

Tannehill: he's a possibility but I personally think he's shot.

Minshew: maybe.

Darnold will probably stay in SF.

Rest of those guys are a maybe but I wouldn't get excited about any of them. Tyrod, Josh Dobbs, and Browning will also be available. I'd rather have Kenny than any of them but some of these guys will put a bit of pressure on him in camp and that's not a bad thing.

Pretty sure one of them runs the "Obviously Tomlin" account, too.

The Fan has not exactly been a bastion of responsibility either.

Reactions: pittdan77
Yeah some of those guys will be out there. My $.02:

Cousins: not coming here unless they get rid of Kenny. He's a guaranteed starter and won't play anywhere with a backup of that caliber. Will get north of $30m/year. Stays in MIN.

Mayfield: lesser version of Cousins in that I think he'll want a pretty unambiguous path to start. I think Tampa likes him and he stays there on a deal like Geno Smith got.

Tannehill: he's a possibility but I personally think he's shot.

Minshew: maybe.

Darnold will probably stay in SF.

Rest of those guys are a maybe but I wouldn't get excited about any of them. Tyrod, Josh Dobbs, and Browning will also be available. I'd rather have Kenny than any of them but some of these guys will put a bit of pressure on him in camp and that's not a bad thing.
Yeah I think Minnesota is going to resign cousins. What other option do they have. He has a far better situation there in terms of skill players and Ol around him. Same with Mayfield

Unless darnold is given starters money I don’t think he comes here either again would you rather be back up with the talent that SF has or here ? Easy choice

I think Minshew is a legit option and I think he’s a bit better than Rudy. He’d provide legit comp for KP

The other option is to draft a guy in the fourth or fifth round and keep Rudy

Reactions: lilspainishflea
and as soon as i come up wiht my solution to next years QB situation, this comes out..

Of course Rudolph would still have to sign off on that, which i doubt he'd do. cant possibly imagine him not wanting to see what's out there.

He saw what was out there last year as a free agent
Remember ?
It wasn’t anything
So he resigned

Which would track -
With the other psu cultist and wvu dropouts online who troll Pickett on Twitter relentlessly
I don't know their allegiances but they have really chosen to die on this hill. Kaboly is the one that sort of blows my mind. My guess is that he trusted someone more than he should have but he's been pretty quiet since Monday.

He’ll be a nice backup somewhere , just like here
That shows you why people are trolling Kenny, because Rudolph is no better than a career backup and he came in and had 2 games pretty much better than all of Kenny's and two 30-point games compared to none. Contrary to Kenny logic, stats, TDs and scoring points actually do matter.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
That shows you why people are trolling Kenny, because Rudolph is no better than a career backup and he came in and had 2 games pretty much better than all of Kenny's and two 30-point games compared to none. Contrary to Kenny logic, stats, TDs and scoring points actually do matter.
im more pissed that he didnt come in after pickett got hurt and was our backup as he was CLEARLY better than Mitch..

dude, you got to get over kenny pickett hate man. you are obsessed and it's f'in weird. seriously, we got it, you dont like kenny. you are on record, it's duly noted, written in stone. we got it..

And not a single person is calling Kenny a star

It also took Mason what 5-6 years to put together 2 competent games .
The same guy who was benched for Duck Hodges

Kenny and Mason both beat the bengals
Kenny beat the ravens
Hope Mason does too

Wins are the only stat that matters

im more pissed that he didnt come in after pickett got hurt and was our backup as he was CLEARLY better than Mitch..

dude, you got to get over kenny pickett hate man. you are obsessed and it's f'in weird. seriously, we got it, you dont like kenny. you are on record, it's duly noted, written in stone. we got it..
I mean - consider the source
Same guy thinks madden is smart

You actually have it all wrong, I don't hate Kenny, I wish like hell he would succeed! I'm just tired of waiting 24 games and counting and the attitude on this board that it's not him, he's totally doing things right and everything that's gone wrong for him was caused by someone else, meanwhile evil Nitter pedos, Porter and Freiermuth have done way worse than Kenny even as Porter is being named all-rookie, Kenny's just a victim and would be great if not for everyone else failing him. It just annoys the hell out me as much as watching every Pickett start and hoping, OK maybe this is the game he finally breaks out and every time, it's the same thing, few yards, no TDs and countless 3 & outs. To me at this point, TO ME.NOT MOST OF YOU, they're not Nitters or Pitt guys anymore, they're just STEELERS, and I go purely by the performance and never think of the school anymore.

He’ll be a nice backup somewhere , just like here
yeah but he was buried behind mitch as 3rd string despite clearly being better and was only put in because tomlin was out of options and beyond desperate. that's why he is probably begging to get out from under this coaching staff.

he’s mark Madden

You actually have it all wrong, I don't hate Kenny, I wish like hell he would succeed! I'm just tired of waiting 24 games and counting and the attitude on this board that it's not him, he's totally doing things right and everything that's gone wrong for him was caused by someone else, meanwhile evil Nitter pedos, Porter and Freiermuth have done way worse than Kenny even as Porter is being named all-rookie, Kenny's just a victim and would be great if not for everyone else failing him. It just annoys the hell out me as much as watching every Pickett start and hoping, OK maybe this is the game he finally breaks out and every time, it's the same thing, few yards, no TDs and countless 3 & outs. To me at this point, TO ME.NOT MOST OF YOU, they're not Nitters or Pitt guys anymore, they're just STEELERS, and I go purely by the performance and never think of the school anymore.
Mark

Nothing like mis stating the points people have made regarding picket

NO one has said he doesn’t need to improve

But here are some facts

After Canada was canned and they started to take more shots down field KP played as well as Rudy did against Cinci

No one says KP is a sure fire qb. The major point is is hard to assess any qb in this offense.

However you and your disgusting fat slob idle refuse to admit those facts

Reactions: FireballZ
yeah but he was buried behind mitch as 3rd string despite clearly being better and was only put in because tomlin was out of options and beyond desperate. that's why he is probably begging to get out from under this coaching staff.
Rudy was clearly better than Mitch in preseason last year. The issue with Mitch was they needed to justify the coin they spent on him

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I mean - he’s played well the last 2 games , which is terrific
So yeah - it’s retrospect , especially since Mitch is frankly bad .

They compete in practice - and let’s be real - Mitch’s salary probably played into it .
As far as total tools - Kenny does seem the most talented
Maybe this time will help him stay and climb the pocket better
Not that I blame Kenny , since Cole spends most of his time on his ass

That's exactly where I am, watching you buy everything you're told about Rooney and Tomlin, how great they are :)
I think Rooney is a meddling owner who is an idiot
I think Tomlin is a good coach who will be in the HOF.
His coaching staff is bad

I’ve been consistent about that

I really hope the Steelers lose tomorrow. This soap opera of a season just needs to end.
Soap Opera Drama GIF by The3Flamingos

The chief must be rolling in his grave over what these clowns have turned his proud franchise into. It makes me vomit. Just lose and for goodness sake fire Tomlin. There has been so much drama under his watch. I don't care how many games he won 10 years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
I really hope the Steelers lose tomorrow. This soap opera of a season just needs to end.
Soap Opera Drama GIF by The3Flamingos

The chief must be rolling in his grave over what these clowns have turned his proud franchise into. It makes me vomit. Just lose and for goodness sake fire Tomlin. There has been so much drama under his watch. I don't care how many games he won 10 years ago.
I don't care if jack the ripper is the coach and they bring back bubby to start, I still want them to win. You know...because I'm a fan.

Like I said, I'm a fan. I want my team to win.
Pittsburgh "fans' are largely as loud, annoying, and obnoxious as the fans we complain about in other cities. I respect your opinion, but you can't even go to church without seeing a bunch of people in Steelers jerseys and a lot of people have an unhealthy obsession with the team and sport in general.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT