ADVERTISEMENT

MATCH DAY - #17 Pitt @ #6 NC State

So disappointing. Definitely thought it would be closer. I just feel like I've been watching this same Phillipi for 5 years. Well they have some time to think about it before ACC Championships.

Reactions: Silkky1982
Some bright spots for sure but overall disappointing. Only weight I am lacking any confidence is 157 which is a shame. Casto looked so good at times at the beginning of the season. Nino really toughed it out good for him hate to see him get a stall call then another 4 shots go by and still nothing but hey he got the win. Coles win is huge. Micky needs to get that one back at ACCs same with Luca. I think Camacho can win too. Obviously Pitzer’s loss stinks but he is right there some rest will do him wonders. I do want to say that Hidlay on the announcing crew did a great job. He has a future in that if he wants to.

Some bright spots for sure but overall disappointing. Only weight I am lacking any confidence is 157 which is a shame. Casto looked so good at times at the beginning of the season. Nino really toughed it out good for him hate to see him get a stall call then another 4 shots go by and still nothing but hey he got the win. Coles win is huge. Micky needs to get that one back at ACCs same with Luca. I think Camacho can win too. Obviously Pitzer’s loss stinks but he is right there some rest will do him wonders. I do want to say that Hidlay on the announcing crew did a great job. He has a future in that if he wants to.
Shouldn't Pitzer be quicker than these guys? And..

earlier in the season if he got someone on their side, he had the strength to turn them more. Lately not so much.

Kinda like losing at arm wrestling.

Shouldn't Pitzer be quicker than these guys? And..

earlier in the season if he got someone on their side, he had the strength to turn them more. Lately not so much.

Kinda like losing at arm wrestling.
I think it has been reported he is dealing with a knee issue so that may explain the struggles you are describing

Reactions: gary2
In my opinion Camacho wasn’t necessarily wrestling to win but more so to go for a big pin. He was fine giving up points to try to open up for a big move. I think he would have wrestled differently and may pull that off if he wasn’t so focused on getting bonus

In my opinion Camacho wasn’t necessarily wrestling to win but more so to go for a big pin. He was fine giving up points to try to open up for a big move. I think he would have wrestled differently and may pull that off if he wasn’t so focused on getting bonus
I agree. Camacho clearly knew what he needed to do and went after it. I loved it

Reactions: Silkky1982
They probably already have had, but I wonder do you think Gavin is going to have a wrestle off to see who goes 157 due to the lack of production from casto? like I would assume Mancini, McMillan, Casto, I doubt they would throw Kesler due to him probably redshirting.

Reactions: jctrack
If UNC beats NC State on Friday, and we take care of business with Duke, would we then take the regular season crown?

It would be just us and VA tech with one loss and we would have the head to head win against.

I haven’t looked at the matchups yet, but it probably wouldn’t be a huge shock if UNC pulled it off.

If UNC beats NC State on Friday, and we take care of business with Duke, would we then take the regular season crown?

It would be just us and VA tech with one loss and we would have the head to head win against.

I haven’t looked at the matchups yet, but it probably wouldn’t be a huge shock if UNC pulled it off.
I'd be really surprised if UNC beat NC State. The Wolfpack are really solid. WrestleStat has it 25-6 with O'Connor and Lautt winning.
I don't know the answer to your question. It would make sense to have head-to-head as a tiebreaker, but I'd also think that it would be easy to break the three-way tie with point differential within the conference, so who knows?

I'd be really surprised if UNC beat NC State. The Wolfpack are really solid. WrestleStat has it 25-6 with O'Connor and Lautt winning.
I don't know the answer to your question. It would make sense to have head-to-head as a tiebreaker, but I'd also think that it would be easy to break the three-way tie with point differential within the conference, so who knows?
Not sure about wrestling, but volleyball had Pitt and Louisville as co-champions when they finished with the same records.

Reactions: Eric_Knopsnyder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT