ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Game Thread

If the committee watches that game and thinks Pitt is still not a NCCA tournament team they are absolutely ****ing brain dead. Their NET should remain right at 55 even after this loss tonight and at the very worst they are 10 seed solidly in the tourney. Pitt will win at least one game this week in Greensboro they won’t be a 1 and done in this tournament.
Probably will depend at least as much as who is around us on the edge, and which would be more ratings friendly to keep in.

It’s incredible that we were just one shot away from the regular season title But, we have to get better driving the ball next season. You just won’t get to the line if you just shoot 3s.

Still, this has been great fun. I think Capel deserves serious consideration for Coach of the Year. I also think Burton deserves PoY consideration. Sadly, I don’t think either will.

The ND game is the real killer.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Sibande seemed scared to shoot from what I saw late in the second half. Anyway down 2 either he or Burton should have penetrated and either shot or kicked out for a three. Pitt just panicked

What has happened to Elliott the last few games? He can’t make a bucket and now can’t get on the floor

Sibande seemed scared to shoot from what I saw late in the second half. Anyway down 2 either he or Burton should have penetrated and either shot or kicked out for a three. Pitt just panicked
Tonight just makes the ND loss so much more ridiculous and painful. We just choked at the worst time. Tonight we played pretty well and lost to a good team on the road.

the performance Wednesday is an all time choke job. Absolutely no excuse to play that poorly against a 2 win team. We just weren’t ready to play and it cost us a conference championship.

Tonight just makes the ND loss so much more ridiculous and painful. We just choked at the worst time. Tonight we played pretty well and lost to a good team on the road.

the performance Wednesday is an all time choke job. Absolutely no excuse to play that poorly against a 2 win team. We just weren’t ready to play and it cost us a conference championship.
Were you expecting this team to be competing for a conference championship in the last game of the season at the beginning of the year? If you were, you were alone. They accomplished more than any of us would have thought back in October.

I never played college basketball at this level so I don't know what it feels like to "choke" , as you put it. Do you?

It's disappointing given our position to finish on top, but that disappointment was only created by the achievements of the team up to this point. After the last 6 years, I have enjoyed what this team has given us this year. If it pains you so much, don't blame the team. They won 21 regular season games nobody thought they could.

Were you expecting this team to be competing for a conference championship in the last game of the season at the beginning of the year? If you were, you were alone. They accomplished more than any of us would have thought back in October.

I never played college basketball at this level so I don't know what it feels like to "choke" , as you put it. Do you?

It's disappointing given our position to finish on top, but that disappointment was only created by the achievements of the team up to this point. After the last 6 years, I have enjoyed what this team has given us this year. If it pains you so much, don't blame the team. They won 21 regular season games nobody thought they could.
We lost to a 2 win team. That’s a choke. That doesn’t take away from what we did to get to this point, but we missed an opportunity big time.

I’ve been in and around college athletics since 1994. I have no hesitation to call Wednesday a choke. I am still very proud of how these guys have played this season & win, lose or draw I’ll be rooting for them

Reactions: MalvernPanther
We lost to a 2 win team. That’s a choke. That doesn’t take away from what we did to get to this point, but we missed an opportunity big time.

I’ve been in and around college athletics since 1994. I have no hesitation to call Wednesday a choke. I am still very proud of how these guys have played this season & win, lose or draw I’ll be rooting for them

I mean the coach was quoted the next day as saying that we played tight all game as if we knew what was in front of us and couldn't play the way that we always do.

I leave it to others to decide that to call that, but many people will say that's pretty much the definition of choking, when you don't play well because of the circumstances of the game.

Reactions: bwh05
I mean the coach was quoted the next day as saying that we played tight all game as if we knew what was in front of us and couldn't play the way that we always do.

I leave it to others to decide that to call that, but many people will say that's pretty much the definition of choking, when you don't play well because of the circumstances of the game.
Right. We choked away a conference championship Wednesday night which sucks. We lost tonight but we played like ourselves. No shame in that.

Hopefully we get into the tournament and go on a nice run.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
“We missed so many shots around the basket. I know our guys wanted (to win) so bad for a lot of different reasons. I think we were pressed early. When we missed some shots early, and then they were making everything, I think we panicked a little bit. Really, at timeouts, that’s all I was saying: just relax.

We got tight and that panicked us like we’re losing it. We’re not losing anything."

Reactions: bwh05

I appreciate your response. I just don't concur to the term "choke" unless those participating describe their own performance as such. If you have been around college athletics as long as you say, you know that playing at that level competition wise is a challenge every time.

Funny though when you say "we" choked away the championship. What number were you wearing?

I appreciate your response. I just don't concur to the term "choke" unless those participating describe their own performance as such. If you have been around college athletics as long as you say, you know that playing at that level competition wise is a challenge every time.

Funny though when you say "we" choked away the championship. What number were you wearing?
I’ve choked. I’ve coached teams that choked. I guess it’s a harsh word & these are definitely times where words can get you into trouble.

I don’t play, for Pitt but you have to remember big organization

Reactions: ShipofFools
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT