ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri Favored

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
Missouri is favored by 5.5. This seems strange given that it is a home game for Pitt. But we have not done very well against SEC schools like Vandy and Florida.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Missouri is favored by 5.5. This seems strange given that it is a home game for Pitt. But we have not done very well against SEC schools like Vandy and Florida.
Pitt is favored by 7.5

If we win, I think we win by more than 5.5.

I salute anyone who is putting big money on a basketball line around 5ish. There is just way too much obscure stuff that can happen at the end of a game. A 10-point game can turn into a 2-point win if a couple desperation threes drop. A 2-point game can turn into a 10-point win if a couple desperations threes don't drop and you're fouling the other team.

If I'm betting basketball, I'm sticking with the money line.

You can always edit your post.

Pitt is -6.5 on DraftKings

I salute anyone who is putting big money on a basketball line around 5ish. There is just way too much obscure stuff that can happen at the end of a game. A 10-point game can turn into a 2-point win if a couple desperation threes drop. A 2-point game can turn into a 10-point win if a couple desperations threes don't drop and you're fouling the other team.

If I'm betting basketball, I'm sticking with the money line.

I am not a big gambler but I never bet spreads. Only money line. You either think a team will win or they won't. No one can have a good feel about a spread

Reactions: jctrack
If we win, I think we win by more than 5.5.

Missouri doesn't have a good defense and they rebound like Blake Hinson, meaning, they don't rebound the basketball as a team. We should crush this team on the glass.

Its going to take a lot of turnover on our part, a lot of poor shots by our offense, or Mizzou destroying us in fast break points to lose this game.

In my own opinion, I also don't think Mizzou is a top 100 level team, at least not right now.

• Wow
Missouri doesn't have a good defense and they rebound like Blake Hinson, meaning, they don't rebound the basketball as a team. We should crush this team on the glass.

Its going to take a lot of turnover on our part, a lot of poor shots by our offense, or Mizzou destroying us in fast break points to lose this game.

In my own opinion, I also don't think Mizzou is a top 100 level team, at least not right now.
Turnovers and not necessarily poor shots but an off-shooting night can do us in.

Let’s face, we’re a team that likes to live on and shoot from the perimeter, particularly the 3. I wouldn’t call a majority of those outside shots poor shots but we know full well, we can nonetheless have bad shooting nights from Blake and everyone else.

And as of now, Ish looks like the only one on the team that will elect to and can drive to the hoop with some success. Blake will try but he’s often out of control when he does. Same with Bub and others.

Thanks - I know very little about Missouri this year.
One of their assistants is a very good dude who got his start as a GA at Cal Pa. I believe his wife’s family is from Western PA. He swears Dennis Gates is the second coming of Coach K. I’ve watched them a few times and they play hard every possession. And I know CY is one of the best recruiters in the business. So they have a little talent and toughness. Will be a good challenge

One of their assistants is a very good dude who got his start as a GA at Cal Pa. I believe his wife’s family is from Western PA. He swears Dennis Gates is the second coming of Coach K. I’ve watched them a few times and they play hard every possession. And I know CY is one of the best recruiters in the business. So they have a little talent and toughness. Will be a good challenge

They lost to a 1-5 Jackson State team at home whos is ranked about 250th in the country, they got crushed by Memphis, and they were losing to Minnesota on the road by 20 late in the 2nd half and they came back and won with a miracle finish, taking the lead for the first time in the game with about 10 seconds to go in the game against the worst team in the Big Ten.

Some of the stuff above may be true with what you wrote, but they are by no means a good team right now. This would be a terrible loss by Pitt regardless of what the spread is.

It's meaningless for the most part to try and determine relative strengths of teams by how they played against inferior competition. We all have seen bad teams who have played poorly against bad competition play Pitt and beat us. I'm not taking any team for granted, starting with tonight. Missouri is very capable of beating Pitt.

They lost to a 1-5 Jackson State team at home whos is ranked about 250th in the country, they got crushed by Memphis, and they were losing to Minnesota on the road by 20 late in the 2nd half and they came back and won with a miracle finish, taking the lead for the first time in the game with about 10 seconds to go in the game against the worst team in the Big Ten.

Some of the stuff above may be true with what you wrote, but they are by no means a good team right now. This would be a terrible loss by Pitt regardless of what the spread is.
Yeah no one is good who loses a buy game lol. Teams certainly don’t better or identify where they need to improve or do it rapidly either. It will be Q1 come tourney time

Hopefully your post kept Pitt grounded. It’s the only hope we have for a successful season

Big pop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT