ADVERTISEMENT

MLB

WHO cares!
5b1519a66788a724c3b04321.gif

I like Baseball and HATE the league. Should have an agreement in place and be giving sports-starved fans some enjoyment—but cant. Works stoppages to ruin the game. Awful umpiring. Very unlikable organization.

Would you be clamoring for a salary cap if we had an owner like Cuban and a winning team?
Absolutely. A cap is good for competitive balance. They need a cap and a floor. The cap for owners who will do anything and spend any amount to win and the floor for guys like Nutsack who have no interest in winning.
Other league's are flourishing that have instituted a cap.

Absolutely. A cap is good for competitive balance. They need a cap and a floor. The cap for owners who will do anything and spend any amount to win and the floor for guys like Nutsack who have no interest in winning.

On top of the cap, games are too long, the season is too long, and I think they should use the old NFL model of 6 teams per league in the playoffs. Too few teams compete for too few playoff spots and too many teams are eliminated when there are still two months to go in the season.

Nah, give me great teams in pro sports not these watered down one year wonders. Loved the dynasties in the NBA, MLB, and NFL. I haven't watched any of those sports on tv in it's entirety for years and don't watch hockey. To each his own

Last edited:
Actually baseball is a perfect sport for the summer. I enjoy the slow pace. What I would advocate is more day games and I would speed up the pace. No need for relievers to get a bunch or pitches on the mound. No need for constant mound visits. Also baseball fundamentally needs a cap/floor.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I'm glad to see some still enjoy baseball. I'm hoping someday that the Pirates will have an owner that places a competitive team on the field. One can only hope. When the Pirates were doing really well in the 70's and early 90's it was alot of fun for the city of Pittsburgh.
They have an owner right now who put a real competitive team on the field for 3 years. Then he decided to spend less instead of more and tanked the team again.

I'm glad to see some still enjoy baseball. I'm hoping someday that the Pirates will have an owner that places a competitive team on the field. One can only hope. When the Pirates were doing really well in the 70's and early 90's it was alot of fun for the city of Pittsburgh.
What’s sad is the Pirates have lost an entire generation- going on two- of fans due to incompetence and poor ownership. But, I’m also a baseball fan at heart so like I said, I’m stuck with em.

Another thing: when we moved to KC in 2014, we got here just in time to watch the Royals’ World Series runs. Was some of the most exciting baseball I’ve ever watched, and it rejuvenated a city that hadn’t had good baseball in 30 years. Made me think of how similar that is to the Pirates and what they could be.

Reactions: pierre93
That's a good point.
I hope the season gets cancelled , making it more likely they lose more fans and MLB comes to the conclusion that major changes both economically and competitively need to happen to bring the fans back.
Football and Hockey will get more attention as well.
3 months and couting without sports now, this is getting old.
I don’t think any sports will get more attention. I think pro sports is somewhat dead. Hence NASCAR quick return. After the baseball strike nobody cared until the home run race. Same thing with the football strike. As people finds things to take up their free time the all of the sudden reintroduction of pro sports will not matter.

I don’t think any sports will get more attention. I think pro sports is somewhat dead. Hence NASCAR quick return. After the baseball strike nobody cared until the home run race. Same thing with the football strike. As people finds things to take up their free time the all of the sudden reintroduction of pro sports will not matter.
Tell that to the bar owners who rely on games to bring customers in. Tell that to the bookmakers whose clients are watching and betting on horse races. Pro sports is a way of life with many.

I think I speak for a lot of people saying we need sports to watch back. I’m sick of watching some stupid show on tv (new or old) at 9pm during the week. I’d rather have a baseball or basketball game on. Being a golfer I was happy the tour was back to watch this week but I know that doesn’t excite the masses.

The assumption that a salary cap would help the Pirates also assumes that the ownership would spend to the cap. That’s a hard nope.

I really don’t care that much about baseball but I don’t fault the players for standing their ground. They’re doing the same work regardless of the situation.

Report out of Morgantown is that MLB players will be reporting this week.Of course noone ever believes a old,bald,headed pizza delivery guy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT