-- Sibande "spark" in second half
-- Elliott's threes
-- Hinson's offense AND defense
-- Burton --> 1st team ACC and maybe POY. Certainly Pitt's MVP for 2023
-- a game we couldn't lose
-- Pitt is 7-2 on the road
-- Pitt is 17-4 since the 1-3 start to season
-- Pitt still won't be Top 25 ranked on Monday

I saw it. Virginia is listed ahead of us. No worries. We have the head-to-head advantage.

As I looked at the standings, no other team is close to us with road wins. Nearest teams are 5-4 on the road. However, we are the only team in the top group that has 3 home losses. Of course, we only have two home losses in conference play.

Just keep winning and the ranking and pecking order will take care of itself

Reactions: Franb
Based on what? 7 teams ahead of them lost and Pitt had two good wins. This isn’t football. They have finally caught up to the rest of the pack.
I'm still thinking that the AP writers are recalling Pitt's early losses. Hope I'm wrong. Regardless, Pitt is a top team and deserves being ranked. If they're not, I won't complain. As coaches say, the most important ranking is the one at the end of the year. Pitt not being ranked only means the players will fight harder, IMO

-- perseverance; the game is forty minutes
-- rebounding by Fede squared
-- Sibande "slump" in first half
-- Elliott's threes

7-2 on the road is quite impressive for sure.

-- perseverance; the game is forty minutes
-- rebounding by Fede squared
-- Sibande "slump" in first half
-- Elliott's threes
Your last point is wrong.

There have been a lot of teams in the back half of the Top 25 that lost this week, some of them twice. Pitt was 30th coming into the week.

They'll be 23rd or 24th on Monday.

Your last point is wrong.

There have been a lot of teams in the back half of the Top 25 that lost this week, some of them twice. Pitt was 30th coming into the week.

They'll be 23rd or 24th on Monday.
@UPitt '89:

Hmm ...

Hmm ...

Hmm ...

BTW, I'm not too cheap to pay Chris Peak; I choose to post on this and the football board ... I really don't have time to be looking at all four boards

Sorry I'll miss your "Bubble Watch" posts, but I'm predicting that you have Pitt slotted a whole lot higher than we will be. The "best" I see Pitt in the NCAAT is 5 (we are ACCT champs or runner-up); worst is 11/12 as a play-in game, but that would mean an utter meltdown over the next three weeks

@UPitt '89:

Hmm ...

Hmm ...

Hmm ...

BTW, I'm not too cheap to pay Chris Peak; I choose to post on this and the football board ... I really don't have time to be looking at all four boards

Sorry I'll miss your "Bubble Watch" posts, but I'm predicting that you have Pitt slotted a whole lot higher than we will be. The "best" I see Pitt in the NCAAT is 5 (we are ACCT champs or runner-up); worst is 11/12 as a play-in game, but that would mean an utter meltdown over the next three weeks
Time for just 2 boards and no Moe?

I'll see myself out now...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT