ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy

I think the other thing with Murphy is that Johnson and McGowens will get more confident kicking the ball back out to him on their dribble penetration as well. There were multiple times last night where both got into the lane and the right play was to kick it back out to Murphy who was open. That will come though with some game experience playing together.

Murphy will definitely help this team with his shooting.
Capel was aware they missed Murphy a several times. He mentioned it. hopefully, they get better at it. X and Trey love the drive. If we have killer shooters, like Murphy, maybe drumgoole and champagnie, that will really open up the lanes or we are going to get a ton of wide open shots.

That’s an interesting observation. I listened to the game and heard Hillgrove interview Murphy afterwards. He asked him about that rebound sequence that led to him shooting those free throws. Murphy said he got the rebound and thought to himself, “I’m the best free throw shooter on the team” so he held on and waited to be fouled. The confidence is great, but did make me wonder how that went over with some of his teammates.

It should've went over real well because he is they see it in practice and they see how much they miss.

Everyone seemed pumped when he made them. I was on the edge of my seat with Trey going to the line....small sample size....but Murphy and XJ need to be the ones to finish it off.
Trey and X are both pretty good foul shooters as well. we don't have any brick layers at the guard spot. Brown is a pretty good foul shooter for a big man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT