ADVERTISEMENT

Mustafa Amzil On campus today

We don’t have a spot for him if he is playing right away.

Yep. Wonder if that weighed in to Amzil’s decision?

All 13 of Pitt’s spots for 2020-21 are filled but of course as of now 1 of them hasn’t been cleared to play by the “always fair-minded” NCAA. So we may have to play with just 12 this year unless Nike’s waiver is granted.

I mean just at a glance he only averages 10 pts at an A10 school would he be that much better than will for a backup 3/4

He buddies with Cohill? They play at Dayton together at all?

He's 6'10
He got a good shot
Rebounds decent
Good free throw shooter.

For a big, there is nothing wrong with this. It's actually way better than I expected.

I mean I'd take him but I'd hope he'd be a backup and we can get a better starter.

Would be pretty much done with the front court unless someone insane decides they want to come to Pitt
Idk that it makes sense for them to take him. He would likely be on the bench behind Blake and be taking minutes away from Jorge. Unless he can play the 3 which I’m not opposed to but Blake did say on JB’s podcast that he loves playing the 4 and doesn’t ever want to play any other position. Also he is following other assistant coaches from different schools but none from Pitt only person associated with Pitt he is following is Fede, his brother, and Morris Ugusuk.

He's 6'10
He got a good shot
Rebounds decent
Good free throw shooter.

For a big, there is nothing wrong with this. It's actually way better than I expected.

He works from the midrange out most. He only attempts about 28% of his shots inside 7 feet or so. He can provide Dior / Lowe inside spacing which would be a nice plus.

ORTG is good at 113 which is what we want. Free throw shooting and 3 point shooting are good and important for next year. Low usage rate and low turnover rate which is just fine, he is playing within the system and not trying to do much more than the coach wants.

His rebound percentage rates are low. His OR rebound efficiency rate is 5.3, DR efficiency is 13.6. These are not good rebound rates at all, especially for a center if we used him there at times as the 3rd option. They are a bit low for a PF. For a wing, they would be fine.

I have not watched much tape at all. He looks closer to 6'8. With that said, if this is a trade for Nate Santos, then I would take it. He has 2 years to improve and at worst is a nice depth piece. And for a team that has bad depth for years, it would be a welcome addition in that regard. We still need 2 high end guards.

Idk that it makes sense for them to take him. He would likely be on the bench behind Blake and be taking minutes away from Jorge. Unless he can play the 3 which I’m not opposed to but Blake did say on JB’s podcast that he loves playing the 4 and doesn’t ever want to play any other position. Also he is following other assistant coaches from different schools but none from Pitt only person associated with Pitt he is following is Fede, his brother, and Morris Ugusuk.
He is 6’9 and can play either position.

Dayton used him incorrectly. Will shine at whatever HM program takes him

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT