ADVERTISEMENT

My last Stallings related post (I promise)

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Pitt might have a better case for a for cause firing than the Louisville one

The story of Stalling's wife nasty argument with Barnes on the day of the introductory press conference. ( I was not aware of that until the post this week)

If Stallings wife told Stallings the hell with these people, lets get out of here and Stallings said I am not walking away from this money and she said fine, I am not moving here....

Met with overwhelming animosity and without support from his family, Stallings should have backed out of the deal. Like his wife, he should have realized where he was not wanted.

Resentment and anger prevented him from really doing the job. It is hard in such an instance to do more than go through the motions.

Pitt could have a case for breach of contract. It would be difficult and messy, but arguable.

Having said that, I still think Pitt should just pay up and move on. A quick, clean end (though expensive) would be the best decision.

Last edited:

The story of Stalling's wife nasty argument with Barnes on the day of the introductory press conference.

If Stallings wife told Stallings the hell with these people, lets get out of here and Stallings said I am not walking away from this money and she said fine, I am not moving here....

All this resulted in Stallings not having his heart in the job and merely going through the motions. Stallings should have backed out of the deal.

Resentment and anger prevented him from really doing the job.

Pitt could have a case for breach of contract.

Having said that, I still think Pitt should just pay up and move on.
Why do you care what Pitt pays him, so much?

It’s not your money .

Indeed, taking it a step further, considering the university (revenue is from students and taxes!) still has to subsidize athletics, there is a very good argument against paying him. He won't be hurting, dude probably made 30-40? million in his life.

The story of Stalling's wife nasty argument with Barnes on the day of the introductory press conference. ( I was not aware of that until the post this week)

All this resulted in Stallings not having his heart in the job and going through the motions. Stallings should have backed out of the deal.

Resentment and anger prevented him from really doing the job.

Pitt could have a case for breach of contract. It would be difficult and messy, but arguable.

Having said that, I still think Pitt should just pay up and move on. A quick, clean end (though expensive) would be the best decision.
This doesn't even make sense.

Indeed, taking it a step further, considering the university (revenue is from students and taxes!) still has to subsidize athletics, there is a very good argument against paying him. He won't be hurting, dude probably made 30-40? million in his life.
forget the ACC $$$$$$$????????????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT