ADVERTISEMENT

Mychale Salahuddin

pittmeister

Heisman Winner
May 26, 2010
He thought he deserved to play more... Narduzzi thought otherwise...

Excerpts

“I just felt that Pitt was not allowing me the opportunities to present myself on Saturdays that I know I can. I felt as though waiting it out would just be wasting time. Rather than just waiting and working and have more opportunities open up and present themselves to me.”

“It’s all about opportunity,” he said. “My first game against North Carolina, I took my first carry in college football for almost 40 yards. [Ed. note: It was 23 yards.] There’s no way in America that the guy who did that should be on the bench the next play. There’s no way Nick Saban does that.”

The morning that he planned on approaching Narduzzi about his feelings, Salahuddin says that any thoughts on sticking it out at Pitt were dashed after he expressed his feelings.

“When I approached Coach Narduzzi, he didn’t try and talk me out of leaving, which was something I was shocked about. I didn’t say ‘Coach I’m gone,’ I was like it’s a lack of opportunities here and Coach it might be time for us to part ways and he said, ‘Yeah, we can just get your stuff worked out with compliance,’ as if he wanted it to happen.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/201...uddin-went-went-wrong-at-pitt-and-whats-next/

Reactions: pittdan77

Excerpts

“I just felt that Pitt was not allowing me the opportunities to present myself on Saturdays that I know I can. I felt as though waiting it out would just be wasting time. Rather than just waiting and working and have more opportunities open up and present themselves to me.”

“It’s all about opportunity,” he said. “My first game against North Carolina, I took my first carry in college football for almost 40 yards. [Ed. note: It was 23 yards.] There’s no way in America that the guy who did that should be on the bench the next play. There’s no way Nick Saban does that.”

The morning that he planned on approaching Narduzzi about his feelings, Salahuddin says that any thoughts on sticking it out at Pitt were dashed after he expressed his feelings.

“When I approached Coach Narduzzi, he didn’t try and talk me out of leaving, which was something I was shocked about. I didn’t say ‘Coach I’m gone,’ I was like it’s a lack of opportunities here and Coach it might be time for us to part ways and he said, ‘Yeah, we can just get your stuff worked out with compliance,’ as if he wanted it to happen.”

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/201...uddin-went-went-wrong-at-pitt-and-whats-next/

Vukovan is another in a long line of miserable Pittsburgh media that always looks to dig up dirt. Except he really isn't media but a wannabe.

This isnt the first time Vuk.has played this card. Hes a weak ass blogger looking for a story for clicks. He only gets one side of the story. It's funny how Mychale thinks because he had one long run he should he the featured back. "I ran for 40 yards" (editor's note it was 23.) I have no ill will on the kid for going elsewhere but it's a very immature statement to think because you had one 23 yard carry in one game you should automatically start subsequently.

This isnt the first time Vuk.has played this card. Hes a weak ass blogger looking for a story for clicks. He only gets one side of the story. It's funny how Mychale thinks because he had one long run he should he the featured back. "I ran for 40 yards" (editor's note it was 23.) I have no ill will on the kid for going elsewhere but it's a very immature statement to think because you had one 23 yard carry in one game you should automatically start subsequently.

Doesn't come across as much of a team guy. I'd say his NFL prospects are slim. Look at Ollison.. stuck out adversity and is now scoring TDs in the NFL. Some aren't willing to put in the work to see results.

He's quick to find the ones who leave the program and dig up dirt. Dokish was a lot better blogger when he blogged. He's a poor mans Dejan

He's quick to find the ones who leave the program and dig up dirt. Dokish was a lot better blogger when he blogged. He's a poor mans Dejan

Theres no story here. He gets the kids side of the story. And narduzzi would have no upside in all at commenting here. What is vuk looking for? Narduzzi to talk bad about the kid? I would like to call it lazy journalism but it isnt journalism....its click bait super market tabloid writing.

Excerpts

In other words: Don’t let the door hit you......

Reactions: Saboteur
Perhaps when he was struttin around the Southside with that 23 yarder on his chest he may have whiffed on a blocking assignment or two. Sounds like a work ethic issue. Who knows for sure.

Wait, there's no way he actually said this, right? Did he seriously think he would just walk in and be handed a feature role without working? Wow.

Bad look for this kid, but my question is, why does he have to sit out another season since i thought he left pitt in August? Do you have to commit to another team for that one year transfer period to begin?

Reactions: singregardless
Everyone close to the program who I ever talked to thought he was our best TB, and that the only issue was who should be number 2. He isn’t the only one who is frustrated by the way Narduzzi handled his situation — both before and after the injury.

How do you think Vincent Davis felt when he takes it 61 yards for a TD on his first touch and then doesn’t get the ball again? Or when he makes two tough inside runs to get the ball inside the 2 and then gets pulled in favor of the other Davis who makes zilch on the next two plays? Or Daniel Carter, whose redshirt was blown without him getting a touch in 5 of the 6 games he played? Narduzzi ignores input from Powell and goes with his instinct. And this year his instinct on TBs stunk.

Doesn't come across as much of a team guy. I'd say his NFL prospects are slim. Look at Ollison.. stuck out adversity and is now scoring TDs in the NFL. Some aren't willing to put in the work to see results.
The fact that ollison was always our best back and got in the dog house isn’t exactly an endorsement Of narduzzi .

Quick refresher

Hall ran for 1,144 yards and oliison 1,213. They averaged 7.5 and 6.3 Ypc, respectively. And this clown thinks he should have been the feature back?

I usually don’t begrudge transfers, but I don’t blame anyone that wants to bash this kid.

Hey if a kid wants to transfer it’s their life. But as stated it’s idiotic to think because you were ranked high or had a nice carry that you should play over 2 Sr backs who had great years.

As stated earlier in the thread...say what you want about PN good or bad but he will not risk further injury to a kid who is not 100% healthy. His health is the reason he didn’t get the shot he wanted in training camp. If he had a little patience and got healthy he prob would have got his shot as none of our backs stood out.

I am not sure what the story is here! Kid goes to his coach and says he is thinking of transferring and the coach says "okay". We could use a big back but his blocking would not allow him on the field. Good luck to the kid and unless someone posts where he ends up at I am sure I would not know.

Hey if a kid wants to transfer it’s their life. But as stated it’s idiotic to think because you were ranked high or had a nice carry that you should play over 2 Sr backs who had great years.

As stated earlier in the thread...say what you want about PN good or bad but he will not risk further injury to a kid who is not 100% healthy. His health is the reason he didn’t get the shot he wanted in training camp. If he had a little patience and got healthy he prob would have got his shot as none of our backs stood out.

Agreed...

Unfortunately, a lot of kids at a lot programs think this way...

Everyone close to the program who I ever talked to thought he was our best TB, and that the only issue was who should be number 2. He isn’t the only one who is frustrated by the way Narduzzi handled his situation — both before and after the injury.

How do you think Vincent Davis felt when he takes it 61 yards for a TD on his first touch and then doesn’t get the ball again? Or when he makes two tough inside runs to get the ball inside the 2 and then gets pulled in favor of the other Davis who makes zilch on the next two plays? Or Daniel Carter, whose redshirt was blown without him getting a touch in 5 of the 6 games he played? Narduzzi ignores input from Powell and goes with his instinct. And this year his instinct on TBs stunk.

I’m not sold on this as we haven’t had any running back problems until Whipple showed up. As far as the Ollison doghouse comment on this board that is a joke. He had a family death. Ollison has been on the sidelines for games this year if he hated hcpn you wouldn’t see him. Tailbacks are asked to block if they don’t they don’t play. I don’t see a problem with that. If you don’t block your selfish.

Reactions: superstein61a
I’m not sold on this as we haven’t had any running back problems until Whipple showed up. As far as the Ollison doghouse comment on this board that is a joke. He had a family death. Ollison has been on the sidelines for games this year if he hated hcpn you wouldn’t see him. Tailbacks are asked to block if they don’t they don’t play. I don’t see a problem with that. If you don’t block your selfish.

we also had Chryst’s rb recruits till this year. I think Narduzzi can’t bring in RB talent.

A thread full of speculation. Nobody on this board knows anything about the situation, what this kid did in practice, whether he was the “best back” in practice, what he said to his coaches, whether he made all his meetings on time, whether he was a decent blocker or not, whether Narduzzi “ignores iinput from Powell (who he has previously said makes all the decisions on the RB rotation), whether Narduzzi “isn’t going to risk further injury” to the player or even what the nature and extent of any injury was, etc. Just pure speculation on both sides of the issue. Nobody but those close to the situation knows anything.

But since we’re speculating, This situation smacks of a kid with an attitude problem who turned his coaches against him for whatever reason. The fact that he was willing to publicly air his grievances and the “me, me, me” nature of his statement fits that model as well.

I don’t believe in Narduzzi as being a good head coach but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. Like I said, wherever this kid winds up, I don’t expect to hear about him again or see him doing something amazing on Sportscenter.

explain 2017?

I can't and neither can you. We don't know what led to his lack of playing time. It could have been a number of things. What I do know is that PN played who he felt was the best for the team.

Look, there was a reason that Salahuddin decommitted from USC and eventually chose between Syracuse and Pitt. As a solid 4-star, that whole scenario made no sense, particularly since he had no ties to either area. Something was wrong here from day one.

Ollison was in the dog house because he couldn't beat out some low rated 2 star DE that they converted to RB. I think some jabroni named James Conner, not sure if that name is correct as that kid didn't amount to much.
No
Ollison burst onto the seen when Conner was injured .
Earned acc freshman of the year honors

nobody has issues with Connor returning to bulk touches.

the next season without Conner ollison was still relegated to spot duty .

until finally getting regular reps again his senior year

I can't and neither can you. We don't know what led to his lack of playing time. It could have been a number of things. What I do know is that PN played who he felt was the best for the team.

yeah, and we went 5-7. He ran for 90+ yards against PSU and averaged 6+ yards a carry then stopped getting regular touches. Not a good look.

No
Ollison burst onto the seen when Conner was injured .
Earned acc freshman of the year honors

nobody has issues with Connor returning to bulk touches.

the next season without Conner ollison was still relegated to spot duty .

until finally getting regular reps again his senior year

No/Yes
All of what you posted is correct.
Except the year prior to the Conner injury it was reported that PN and Ollison weren't on the same page for some reason.

Why is it either or? The kid was frustrated with lack of touches, but with Hall and Ollison both producing, what does he expect. That said, Narduzzi has done nothing to get the "trust me on this one" treatment when it comes to evaluating offensive players.

we also had Chryst’s rb recruits till this year. I think Narduzzi can’t bring in RB talent.
We have had multiple 4 star running backs. You can't tell me there isn't 1 talented back out of that group. Sorry but %'s aren't in your favor with this argument.

So the kid goes to his coach, tells him it might be time to part ways, and is shocked when the coach accommodates him? What was he expecting to happen?

It's almost like he was trying to bluff The Duzz into playing time. Good luck to the young man.

So he was unhappy he redshirted and told the coach he thinks he should go elsewhere. The coach obliged. One would think there was a backdrop to this if they actually use their brain to think about it.

If he worked hard and stayed he would of played this year. Instead, he'll end up at ODU. Life is full of decisions and not all work out.

Nothing to see here. Was the fan base really clamoring for a feature on a 4th string RB who left back in August? And anyone putting stock into what one 19-year old is saying obviously isn't around many college-aged kids.

The production says otherwise.

I did not include QBs

AJ Davis - 4.2
V Davis - 5.3
T Sibley - 5.0
V Carter - 3.7

VT - 3 top guys 4.3, 4.4, 4.8
UVA - leader 4.0
Duke - 4.7, 3.8
PSU - 6.1, 5.1
Clemson - 8.3, 6.1 (wow Etienne)
Wisconsin - 6.4, 3.5