ADVERTISEMENT

names/handles used on these boards

Mikefln

Junior
Oct 15, 2015
After reading the Captain Reilly thread and realizing that he was Gridiron Sage (never knew that), it got me thinking who else is posting on here with a new(er) name. I started on harry's Pantherlair around 2000 under the name N66Mike which was my HS football number. I switched to MikeFLN for my name Mike Folino, around 2005 because I felt weird being mid 20 and using a HS football number. I have posted on the Rivals and Scout board (along with other non football forums) with that name since.

I know Souf used to go by something like LyamMcPhe or something like that. Brian had a bunch but I remember him as Iron Works the most. I still think the best name (not stating best poster just name) I remember on all the Pitt sites I have been on was "HomelessHombredrinkingGreyGoose" I always got a kick out of that name.

So what other names have you guys used through out the years?

After reading the Captain Reilly thread and realizing that he was Gridiron Sage (never knew that), it got me thinking who else is posting on here with a new(er) name. I started on harry's Pantherlair around 2000 under the name N66Mike which was my HS football number. I switched to MikeFLN for my name Mike Folino, around 2005 because I felt weird being mid 20 and using a HS football number. I have posted on the Rivals and Scout board (along with other non football forums) with that name since.

I know Souf used to go by something like LyamMcPhe or something like that. Brian had a bunch but I remember him as Iron Works the most. I still think the best name (not stating best poster just name) I remember on all the Pitt sites I have been on was "HomelessHombredrinkingGreyGoose" I always got a kick out of that name.

I am the former SFPitt.

always Pitt-Chains... one of the other forums.. PITT4UDAD

I'm sure you're joking but seriously, the number of "burner" accounts on this board is shameful.

I only have one account and have never changed. I was fortunate to have the same number in HS and college, thus the "77".
Definitely joking...

On the board since 2001 and name always old panther, believe me the old is appropriate.

I was Chris Peak cancelled it and someone else took the handle?

It's a mobile, everything subject to change, disposable society which includes handles on message boards, email addresses, and most everything else unfortunately!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
On Rivals it was DaytonPanther but in early dial up days (still love the old board format) also used JETuohey and I am a tortured but proud Pitt '89 alum.

I have every account with some version of "88" in the name, but the detectives on this board figured that out a while ago.

More modern guys who have disappeared - to very few if anyone’s chagrin I’m sure - Zaratoughda and Simmerdunna. Both stirred things up quite a bit but mostly if not all on the hoops board.

I lurked for a while prior to signing up but have always been and will remain King of All Message Boards.

I remember Gridiron Sage on an old "PA Football Board", and I don't remember what forum it was with, but he used to wear the crazy PSU fans out in that place. He would be civil with the handful of sane (yeah, I can't believe I typed that either) PSU fans, but the over-the-top out of control ones didn't stand a chance.

Good times.

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
More modern guys who have disappeared - to very few if anyone’s chagrin I’m sure - Zaratoughda and Simmerdunna. Both stirred things up quite a bit but mostly if not all on the hoops board.

I lurked for a while prior to signing up but have always been and will remain King of All Message Boards.
Simmer started off okay-
Then went bonkers when Dixon cut the deadweight of cassin diggs
He never recovered.

Homelesshombre is my brother-
He grew up and got bored with these forums

Most of my “designer handles “ were on scout - where the humorless and fragile mods just banned anyone who pointed those issues out-and ultimately killed that board.

Been souf here for a long time
Had a hailtopitt78 name originally but Jim Snyder banned me.

I had 1 sn for a few months before the Rivals reformat, but I don't remember what it was. That was it. Otherwise this is the one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT