ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi confirms he doesn't want to coach pro college football

It wasn't much money, trust me. Didn't go very far.

Man, I wish I could make you understand how wrong you are about why that scholarship isn't worth the time you put into it versus what the school makes off of your ass. Your average student isn't up at 4:30 AM in February doing conditioning before class. They don't have to head back over to the facility after classes for more workouts. They don't have to try to manage all the joys of travel while writing papers and prepping for tests. Average student gets their summer off to spend time at home and hang out with friends. Athletes get a few weeks and go right back to it because they need the summer classes and of course, workouts. Need to study for a test but there's film to study first. Those students also don't live with the mangled fingers and those injuries that never healed that you got while entertaining them on Saturday and then catch them bitching about you when they don't think you can hear them because you didn't cover the spread or they had a cousin talk crap on them because you lost.

See, when you play a D1 sport, the sport is your first priority and they make that very clear. Doesn't matter where you're at. Sure, they do things to help you as an athlete but you're part of one of their bigger revenue streams. Even minor sports require that kind of commitment. You don't make the football money for the school but those sports are still very important to the school. You trade a lot for that degree. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade it for anything but it would have been nice to make what some of these "minor" NIL deals are worth.
Met a client who was a D1 FB player at Wyoming (Roomed with Josh Allen) He is a chemical engineer and told the coaches he was struggling to keep up with his classes. Coach essentially said to him youre here to play football. He was pretty good and could have ended up starting the next year but decided to focus on his degree.

As a side note, I do agree with the statemen that athletes are already getting paid in the form of tuition and room and board. Now the question is do you think that level of compensation is fair or not? Relative to the money the sport takes in, they clearly are not be compensated fully for their services IMO the only way this is sustainable is to form separate "Leagues" for football and basketball and have some sort of revenue sharing (of net profits) with the student athletes.

As a side note, I do agree with the statemen that athletes are already getting paid in the form of tuition and room and board. Now the question is do you think that level of compensation is fair or not?
I'll agree with that. Probably a much better way of portraying the situation. It's not that there isn't some compensation. Is it enough.

Reactions: USN_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT