ADVERTISEMENT

Narduzzi is extremely lucky

So, I assume then you are willing to say PN has completely failed at recruiting a QB? They both had their good transfer, and that is it.
Chryst wasn't here long enough. Seems like Hornibrook was a keeper. Savage was fine.

We'll see about the young dudes for Narduzzi. Peterman worked out great.

.....build any semblance of success.

I will also add that the schedule was extremely poorly construed for a program with Pitt's problems, so it has been hard to gain any traction. Playing at number 4, home vs 8 and then facing GT (or Navy for that matter) is an easy way to lose 3 in a row.

Agree completely with the scheduling. Playing PSU would have been fine, if that game was between two very winnable games. GT is going to be an issue for a lot of teams this year; they should have won their game against Tennessee if not for some untimely turnovers. And for all of the folks who are calling PITT's defense garbage, Tennessee was smoked for 655 yards in that game against GT.

That is the reality for a large majority of schools playing D1.
For a P5 school accepting that? No, it isn't.

"D1" is not our competition. At the moment, the competition is P5 schools. If Pitt wants to change that, and go G5, then sure. The fan support will be monumentally worse.

Reactions: pittdan77
What most of you don't realize about Chryst is that he was planning his exit long before he left and was telling recruits they needed to commit to he coach, not the school. Him and Rudolph walked into a P5 QB's house and asked him outright to hold off until January to commit. Fortunately, the kid had more brains and went elsewhere and is doing very well. I'd speculate that he poisoned the punch bowl for at least a season or two of recruiting if he was doing this with prime recruits. But we'll never know for sure.

In a lot of ways, this season will keep other schools from sniffing around at Narduzzi and his assistants. Pitt needs to catch a break when it comes to the coaching merry-go-round. He really needs to get through two more recruiting cycles before anyone in Pitt's position can legitimately scream for his head.

The gospel from Michigan State was that he'd need a few years until the defense was decent. The question may be that it might never be decent in the ACC. It was decent for the Big Ten and got blistered in bowl games.

But either way he needs to be kept in place longer than a couple more years. Pitt would hire someone worse and recruiting would be destroyed for 2-3 more years (again).

It's not going to be easy to watch for three next year or so unfortunately. The bad QB situation this year killed this season. And with a brand new QB (almost certainly) next year it will be uncertain as well.
Pitt's standard is 4 years. Good or bad.

So, I assume then you are willing to say PN has completely failed at recruiting a QB? They both had their good transfer, and that is it.
Not at all-Dooz has brought in at least one freshman QB in each class, and 2 stopgap transfers to get us by while the young QBs develop. maybe you have a short memory, but the QBs on the roster when Dooz took over were Voytik, Bertke, and the walk-on Trey Anderson. Voytik and Anderson were Graham recruits. Bertie is presently riding the bench in his second year at D2 Findlay.

You see the difference?

that chryst left him such a strong base on offense.

Without being left behind the offensive line and Connor, ollison, and boys, in all likelyhood given how horrific the defense has been, pitt would have been winning 4 games or less the last two years.

The defense has progressively got worse. There have been no signs of improvement. I was willing to give a pass in year one and two, but year three you need to see some progress.

Also, again, I would feel better if pat adjusted his system, at all. It isn't working, and hasn't worked for three years now, but he stubbornly continues to leave overmatched corners on superior receivers. For the love of god, run a zone or bring safety help over at some point....that isn't that hard to implement.

In any case, narduzzi lived off of chryst's offensive recruits these last two years, and now that they are gone, we have seen none of his offensive recruits step up, and his defense is still abysmal.

He gets this year and next, but if they have two 4 wins or less seasons he should be gone.

Can you work on your punctuation and grammar?

What most of you don't realize about Chryst is that he was planning his exit long before he left and was telling recruits they needed to commit to he coach, not the school. Him and Rudolph walked into a P5 QB's house and asked him outright to hold off until January to commit. Fortunately, the kid had more brains and went elsewhere and is doing very well. I'd speculate that he poisoned the punch bowl for at least a season or two of recruiting if he was doing this with prime recruits. But we'll never know for sure.

In a lot of ways, this season will keep other schools from sniffing around at Narduzzi and his assistants. Pitt needs to catch a break when it comes to the coaching merry-go-round. He really needs to get through two more recruiting cycles before anyone in Pitt's position can legitimately scream for his head.

I think he would have left after year 1 had Alvarez not stepped in and say he wasn't ready. Still can't believed we got played by a goober like Chryst. But everyone thinks he was a "nice guy" and stabilized the program. Luckiest SOB around to absolutely sleepwalk through a job and then another one at the same level. He should be the offensive coordinator at Iowa or some other B10 school now after being fired from here.

Reactions: pittdan77
I think he would have left after year 1 had Alvarez not stepped in and say he wasn't ready. Still can't believed we got played by a goober like Chryst. But everyone thinks he was a "nice guy" and stabilized the program. Luckiest SOB around to absolutely sleepwalk through a job and then another one at the same level. He should be the offensive coordinator at Iowa or some other B10 school now after being fired from here.

At that point, what options did PITT truly have available to them? Chryst may have used PITT as a stepping stone, but he made himself available following the Graham/Freddie Kruger debacle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT