ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Peterman

BigBird80

Freshman
Nov 11, 2018
now 1 injury away from throwing to Antonio Brown!!!

Raiders cut AJ McCarron, leaving Peterman as the only other qb besides Carr on the roster.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The funniest thing was when some Nitwit Pittsburgh media member compared him to Sidney Crosby when he played for PS.

I watched him in the AAFC a couple times until he got benched. Same old Hackenberg, antsy in the pocket and no idea where the ball is going once it leaves his hand.

I know adamski personally from his high school days as a planet and he is one of the craziest nitter cult members you will ever meet. Nice guy outside of discussing college football. Then the cult bleeds through

Nate could become legendary in the Burgh

Throw to AB HIGH over the middle getting him laid out for good.

I'd love to see that!
not sure why the db would want to lay AB out instead of grabbing the sure to be available interception....

Reactions: bdur76
Nate was by far the most successful of our QB for many years, he did an unsung job with that brilliant 2016 offense, so for that alone i continue to hope for him to succeed in the NFL. Have to give him major credit for sticking with it despite the horrific experiences he's had.

Nate was by far the most successful of our QB for many years, he did an unsung job with that brilliant 2016 offense, so for that alone i continue to hope for him to succeed in the NFL. Have to give him major credit for sticking with it despite the horrific experiences he's had.
Had the pleasure of playing a round of golf with him and a couple other Panthers his senior year . Great kid , very humble and could crush it .
Unfortunately for him and the rest terrible short game .
I felt like the tortoise with the hares . A lotta fun though .

And wasn't Gruden gushing over him when Nate appeared on his show ?
Could get very interesting , for good or for bad in Oakland .

Unless the new GM doesn’t want to stay in the job for long you have to think the Raiders will be picking up another QB by summer.

No, dude is set. He earned it. Is a millionaire in mid 20s. I’m a fan. Was put in a bad situation and circumstances weren’t kind to him.
Technically-
His career earnings to date are a bit over a million- which is much different than being a millionaire since he’s probably netting about 60%.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/nathan-peterman-21913/cash-earnings/

But he’ll get there if he sticks around .

$645k if he makes it through the season to collect the game checks in Oakland

Nate needs to go the route of career backup. Make safe money not getting killed, holding clipboard, and staying warm on the sidelines. It’s a great career and can net longevity if he stays serviceable.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Nate will do well when he gets his next shot.
Things not working at his last place is going to prove to be a blessing in disguise.

If he gets a shot it will have to be this season as the Raiders don’t really care so much about this year’s record. No chance though that they would go to Vegas with Peterman as the starter no matter what he does this year, so if he gets a chance to play it will be an audition of sorts for another team in 2020.

Nate needs to go the route of career backup. Make safe money not getting killed, holding clipboard, and staying warm on the sidelines. It’s a great career and can net longevity if he stays serviceable.
Absolutely. If he could get a stint doing it, say, here in Pittsburgh, just for a couple years, he could parlay it into a nice life long gig here doing local TV and radio and commercials like Charlie Batch. Never ever have to buy anorher beer or meal. "Former Steeler" and especially QB is a license to print money, maybe not a boatload of it, but nice quantities.

They have backups out their wazoo at present, so not currently in the cards now, but say Ben retires, I do like Dobbs but oddly, they don't seem to, and the Okie St guy doesn't seem like he really has it ... so any year now the position could be in flux. Just stick with it Nate...

So I think this is a good move for Gruden to pick Nate up for the practice squad. Though, feeling the need to point out that Nate is just on the practice squad twice makes Gruden come across as a bit of a wuss. Just say you are signing him to the practice squad because he is a talented QB who looked great in college and just had rough start in Buffalo.

“He’s on the practice squad right now, I want to reiterate that to everybody,” Gruden said. “He’s on the practice squad, but I did like the fact that… I go back to the University of Tennessee where he came from, I spent a lot of time there, and I know what kind of kid he is, I know what kind of worker he is, and I like what he did at Pitt. They beat Clemson, I like what he did that game, at Clemson. He showed some real savvy, and some pocket presence. He’s an athletic guy, I know he’s had some problems in Buffalo, but again we’re talking about our practice squad quarterback here.”

If he gets a shot it will have to be this season as the Raiders don’t really care so much about this year’s record. No chance though that they would go to Vegas with Peterman as the starter no matter what he does this year, so if he gets a chance to play it will be an audition of sorts for another team in 2020.

That’s all he would need. Once he can prove he has talent and that he can be good in the NFL, he can be picked up by a team with a struggling QB (there will be at least a handful) or one where the starting QB got hurt or a team where they are in need a solid back up.

So I think this is a good move for Gruden to pick Nate up for the practice squad. Though, feeling the need to point out that Nate is just on the practice squad twice makes Gruden come across as a bit of a wuss. Just say you are signing him to the practice squad because he is a talented QB who looked great in college and just had rough start in Buffalo.

“He’s on the practice squad right now, I want to reiterate that to everybody,” Gruden said. “He’s on the practice squad, but I did like the fact that… I go back to the University of Tennessee where he came from, I spent a lot of time there, and I know what kind of kid he is, I know what kind of worker he is, and I like what he did at Pitt. They beat Clemson, I like what he did that game, at Clemson. He showed some real savvy, and some pocket presence. He’s an athletic guy, I know he’s had some problems in Buffalo, but again we’re talking about our practice squad quarterback here.”

You're talking about a practice squad quarterback? Allen Iverson used to be a quarterback.

That’s all he would need. Once he can prove he has talent and that he can be good in the NFL, he can be picked up by a team with a struggling QB (there will be at least a handful) or one where the starting QB got hurt or a team where they are in need a solid back up.
If your on the practice squad does that count for NFL pension time>

At the least, if Nate can stay viable this season and next, learning as much as possible, he would have a great background for coaching at the D1 or Professional level, not a bad gig in life if he so chooses. It sure beats working, IMHO.

Reactions: BFo8
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT