ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Wrestling Championships to Pittsburgh in 2019

Great news! These usually sell-out pretty quick. I am hoping Pitt is able to take care on their Panther Club members before the PSU fans grab all the tickets. I know the host school should get a pretty healthy allotment.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Great news! These usually sell-out pretty quick. I am hoping Pitt is able to take care on their Panther Club members before the PSU fans grab all the tickets. I know the host school should get a pretty healthy allotment.
Is Pitt hosting this event? In the past, Pitt has refused to host the NCAA's because of basketball playing the same weekend and the staff not wanting to do the work that is involved.

Is Pitt hosting this event? In the past, Pitt has refused to host the NCAA's because of basketball playing the same weekend and the staff not wanting to do the work that is involved.

If you go to the NCAA web site it tells you who the host is for all the events they awarded today. It lists Pitt as the host for the wrestling tournament and Duquesne as the host for the first and second round basketball games and the women's volleyball championship that were also announced today.

If you go to the NCAA web site it tells you who the host is for all the events they awarded today. It lists Pitt as the host for the wrestling tournament and Duquesne as the host for the first and second round basketball games and the women's volleyball championship that were also announced today.
That is great. Pitt will have controll of a lot of the good seats. All the center sections on one side. How can Duquesne host the men's 1st round Bball games when they are held the same week end as wrestling?

Great Nitters will invade Pgh and the PPG will provide days of extensive coverage of the iconic PSU wrestling program and highlight Pitt's challenanges in talent rich NW PA. Why do we want this???

Reactions: Piranha
Great Nitters will invade Pgh and the PPG will provide days of extensive coverage of the iconic PSU wrestling program and highlight Pitt's challenanges in talent rich NW PA. Why do we want this???

Have to start things somewhere so let's take what we can get and use it.

Reactions: HOF Coach
That is great. Pitt will have controll of a lot of the good seats. All the center sections on one side. How can Duquesne host the men's 1st round Bball games when they are held the same week end as wrestling?
Wrestling is usually held when the Elite 8 or Final 4 take place.

Wrestling in 2019, basketball in 2022, hockey in 2021.

....You want to wait until we're the #1 team to host NCAAs?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT