ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
What good are they, they have lost control of college athletics, with The portal, NIL, it seem like the ncaa is completely irrelevant anymore, player come and go as the please to the highest bidder,

What good are they, they have lost control of college athletics, with The portal, NIL, it seem like the ncaa is completely irrelevant anymore, player come and go as the please to the highest bidder,
The NCAA is just an organization that hovers over college athletics that the presidents of the universities all agreed to the rules. If it gets broken down and replaced, it will be reinvented by the same people.

The people blaming the NCAA for the current situations are like blaming Roger Goodell for NFL rules. The owners agree to the rules, Goodell just enforces them. It’s unfortunate the government keep getting involved to ruin it, just like everything else

The NCAA is just an organization that hovers over college athletics that the presidents of the universities all agreed to the rules. If it gets broken down and replaced, it will be reinvented by the same people.

The people blaming the NCAA for the current situations are like blaming Roger Goodell for NFL rules. The owners agree to the rules, Goodell just enforces them. It’s unfortunate the government keep getting involved to ruin it, just like everything else

I can agree with some but but not all, the nfl is nothing like the ncaa, the ncaa coaches don’t care to much for the NIL or the transfer portal, it’s also the college coaches that are doing the complaining about what’s going on, like NIL and the portal, ask Saban

The only thing I think the NCAA can do is have the transfers sit for a year. But as the world turns, I sure they would be sued.

The only thing I think the NCAA can do is have the transfers sit for a year. But as the world turns, I sure they would be sued.
They can't win with the courts, too much of the rules are arbitrary, like transfer rules, they couldn't win with making them sit for a year, next will be years of eligibility, someone good enough to collect NIL but not good enough for the NBA or NFL will sue for unlimited eligibility to play for 10 years and take 3 credits a semester and say they are in grad school, that's coming eventually too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT