ADVERTISEMENT

Nelly Cummings carves up North Catholic

Drax1975

Freshman
Mar 18, 2002
Midland, Pennsylvania
ngscsports.com
On the very same day, when the 1965 Midland Leopards, the greatest high school team ever, won the PIAA State Championship over Steelton-Highspire 90-61 to finish 28-0, Midland's own Nelly Cummings scored 30 points to lead Lincoln Park to a 54-46 victory over North Catholic to advance to the PIAA AAA Championship.

Down 31-20, Cummings took the game over leading his team back from certain defeat, going an astounding 23-24 from the free throw line.

Lincoln Park will play for the AAA State Championship in Hershey on Thursday at 8pm.

Last edited:
On the very same day, when the 1965 Midland Leopards, the greatest high school team ever, won the PIAA State Championship over Steelton-Highspire 90-61 to finish 28-0, Midland's own Nelly Cummings scored 30 points to lead Lincoln Park to a 54-46 victory over North Catholic to advance to the PIAA AAA Championship.

Down 31-20, Cummings took the game over leading his team back from certain defeat, going an astounding 24-25 from the free throw line.

Lincoln Park will play for the AAA State Championship in Hershey on Thursday at 8pm.

Dang he should have came to RMU.

giphy.gif

Oh ok haha ;)

These little punks on this site can talk all they want. The kid can score and is cold blooded.

Tom Crean and Steve Fisher really liked Nelly but were waiting for Pitt to make the initial offer out of courtesy.

Brandin Knight loved him and wanted Dixon to offer. If Knight would've been hired at Pitt, he himself would've offered.

Pitt's loss. And everyone's else's too.

He'll shine at Bowling Green.

These little punks on this site can talk all they want. The kid can score and is cold blooded.

Tom Crean and Steve Fisher really liked Nelly but were waiting for Pitt to make the initial offer out of courtesy.

Brandin Knight loved him and wanted Dixon to offer. If Knight would've been hired at Pitt, he himself would've offered.

He might turn out to be a good college player, but saying Crean and Fisher were waiting for Pitt to make the first offer out of courtesy is ridiculous.

Good luck to him.

Rest of your post quite funny.

I was at the game. You left out that he was 3 for 11 from the field and unimpressive most of the game.

Congrats to him though for the unbelievable job he did at the line. Probably most impressive FT performance I've seen. Confidently stepped up and hit FT after FT.

Good luck to him and LP in the final

Down 31-20, Cummings took the game over leading his team back from certain defeat, going an astounding 23-24 from the free throw line.

Reactions: Drax1975
Drax

Nc isnt in Pittsburgh anymore. To the extent that Beaver Co residents arent "Pittsburgh people" I guess Butler County residents arent either.

Btw is that a Beaver County chant? Id previously only heard it at a Beaver Falls-Quips game

It was enjoyable watching the sad faces of all those Pittsburgh people as they filed out the door in defeat.

Get your hat, your coat, and LEAVE!

Drax

Nc isnt in Pittsburgh anymore. To the extent that Beaver Co residents arent "Pittsburgh people" I guess Butler County residents arent either.

Btw is that a Beaver County chant? Id previously only heard it at a Beaver Falls-Quips game

Every touching county of Alleheny should definitely still be considered Pittsburgh people.

Reactions: Piranha
I was at the game. You left out that he was 3 for 11 from the field and unimpressive most of the game.

Congrats to him though for the unbelievable job he did at the line. Probably most impressive FT performance I've seen. Confidently stepped up and hit FT after FT.

He may not have been electric shooting from the field tonight, but his ball handling and leadership brought them back from the edge of the cliff.

When they got down 31-20 they came out of that timeout and Nelly took over. That was with about 4 minutes left in 3rd. LP went on a 21-3 run.

I know one thing... did you see those rims? They were crooked as hell! Shooters had to adjust to that.

Drax

lol, I've heard Quip chant that before. Them people are crazy at a game. The stuff I hear on the sidelines at Heinz for WPIAL Championships from Quip's stands is legendary.

Think the Bridgers were a tad bit better by most rankings just a couple years later...but perhaps a toss up to avoid any debate. :)

Reactions: Scruffy the Panther

Yeah, that's typically how college recruiting works.
Coaches sit on the sidelines out of courtesy for the local school to offer.

Reactions: heybandguy

Yea. I'm sure a coach who wants a kid waits to offer out of courtesy. Just like they did with Carmody....oh wait.

You must be out of your mind.

True, he was off again with the fg attempts. But the game for him changed in the 3rd qt when he stepped up his defense with a much needed steal. Coaching is not great anymore with this team or others in high school. So with that in mind, everyone who knows this kid knew it was time to put the ball in his hands when down by 11 points midway through the 3rd qt. Nelly did take over and the rest is history. By the way, not the first he's made ft under pressure. The fans love him and basketball fans love him, he's got game. He knows if his shot is off, take it to the hoop and go to the line and he did.

Here's the question:

Has Nelly surpassed Jimmy Giansante as the "Pitt missed on this guy" Guy that some random poster unabashedly Stans for?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT