ADVERTISEMENT

NET Rankings updated…

Moved up 5 spots from 45 to 40. I think Pitt is in just don’t get run out of the building against North Carolina tonight.

Reactions: PittPoker
Moved up 5 spots from 45 to 40. I think Pitt is in just don’t get run out of the building against North Carolina tonight.
I agree 100% They need to play a great game tonight. I know they believe and want to win the tournament so as long as they don't lose that they should be fine.

NC State 68, UVA 50, wake 44, Clemson 36, Duke 10, UNC 7

Quads are 4-5, 5-3, 6-2, 7-0
Road Quads 3-2, 3-2, 1-0
Neutral Quads 1-1, 0-0, 1-0
NET SOS 83

Strongest metric is 4 Q1 wins away from home and 5 against Top 80

Worst metrics are NC SOS and 2-5 record against the existing field.

Best metric that doesn’t matter is 12-3 finish. ACC with 4 teams projected in with UVA ugly OT win.

A10 stole a bid thanks to Duquense and almost all bubble teams won. UVA win really hurt. Only Villanova who was ahead of Pitt in bracketmatrix yesterday lost.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
NET only dropped 1 from 40 to 41 after the UNC loss yesterday which is huge as a blowout by UNC would have probably dropped Pitt’s NET down to 50-55 so staying right around 40 is huge. Pitt’s KenPom ranking is also at 41 so not much movement there as well. Virginia’s NET dropped 5 from 50 to 55 after the NC State loss and their Ken Pom is now 68.

NET goes up 1 from 41 to 40 on Selection Sunday. FAU’s NET is right in front of Pitt’s now at 39. Now just gotta sit around and wait the next 11 hours or so to see if Pitt is in. I think they should be and I’m hoping a lot of these bracketologists are wrong and the committee looks at the 7 road wins, the 40 NET, the 12-4 record in the last 16 games, and just the overall way Pitt is playing and puts them in this tournament like they truly deserve to be. Need some extremely good luck on this St Patrick’s Day if you’re Pitt.

NET goes up 1 from 41 to 40 on Selection Sunday. FAU’s NET is right in front of Pitt’s now at 39. Now just gotta sit around and wait the next 11 hours or so to see if Pitt is in. I think they should be and I’m hoping a lot of these bracketologists are wrong and the committee looks at the 7 road wins, the 40 NET, the 12-4 record in the last 16 games, and just the overall way Pitt is playing and puts them in this tournament like they truly deserve to be. Need some extremely good luck on this St Patrick’s Day if you’re Pitt.
As I show elsewhere, if you fill in all the autobid teams ranked in the top 68, reduce the remaining open slots starting at #68 and counting downward you wind up with any team ranked better than #43 should be in unless the committee considers factors other than NET ranking alone. That would have Pitt in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT