ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix paying WWE $500 million per year

HailtoPitt

Board of Trustee
Jun 18, 2001
To broadcast their shows. The current ACC deal is $240 million for 13 more years.

Edit, I think this is just for Raw in the US, but all shows for international viewers.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
To broadcast their shows. The current ACC deal is $240 million for 13 more years.

Edit, I think this is just for Raw in the US, but all shows for international viewers.
The obsession with studio wrestling is wild. A friend of mine worked at Penn State when they would do the Monday night shows at the Bryce Jordan Center. The number of people that would emerge out of the hills and just blow wads of cash was insane. He said it was like some sort of Hillbilly Super Bowl. I know it's stereotyping but those were his words. The TV numbers must be wild.

The obsession with studio wrestling is wild. A friend of mine worked at Penn State when they would do the Monday night shows at the Bryce Jordan Center. The number of people that would emerge out of the hills and just blow wads of cash was insane. He said it was like some sort of Hillbilly Super Bowl. I know it's stereotyping but those were his words. The TV numbers must be wild.
Pennsyltucky Wrassling

I liked it when I was a kid but once you become an adult, I cant understand how you can root for something and watch something you know is fake. They will say movies and TV shows are fake. I guess that makes sense. Its basically a TV show for them.

Colin Cowherd calls wrestling fans booger eaters.

Occasionally I’ll go on peacock and watch the archived wwf shows from like 1981-1985 when they were doing the tv tapings at the Allentown fairgrounds. You want to talk about degenerates in the crowd? Wow.

I liked it when I was a kid but once you become an adult, I cant understand how you can root for something and watch something you know is fake. They will say movies and TV shows are fake. I guess that makes sense. Its basically a TV show for them.

I mean, you root for Pitt but the champions are predetermined from just a handful of teams.

Colin Cowherd calls wrestling fans booger eaters.

Occasionally I’ll go on peacock and watch the archived wwf shows from like 1981-1985 when they were doing the tv tapings at the Allentown fairgrounds. You want to talk about degenerates in the crowd? Wow.
they lack the sophistication of the brie eating white wine sippers who watch the Masked Singer or The Bachelor every week...

Last edited:
Sports and sports entertainment dwarf sitcoms and reality TV (for the most part). Netflix is looking for original/exclusive content so $500 million will get you 20 netflix rom-com movies or Wrestling 104 times per year. Easy investment in wrestling....you jabroni.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I think a venn diagram of those two subsets of fans would overlap more than you think.

I dont think. Network TV primetime is mainly watched by really old people. Look at how many cop, doctor, and NCIS shows there are. WWE is mostly lower income 40 and under males,

You wonder if Netflix isn't regretting that deal with the WWE now that shit has hit the fan.

You wonder if Netflix isn't regretting that deal with the WWE now that shit has hit the fan.

Can someone explain to me what is happening? I thought Vince McMahon already left the WWE and I thought he already got caught for sexually harassing people. Even if not, wasnt it assumed he was banging all those divas back in the day?

Can someone explain to me what is happening? I thought Vince McMahon already left the WWE and I thought he already got caught for sexually harassing people. Even if not, wasnt it assumed he was banging all those divas back in the day?
He was able to retake control of the company because he owned the most voting shares of stock, then he turned around and sold it to the same company that owns UFC, I guess he was the CEO of WWE until the story on what he actually did to one of the women came out.

There's no way Netflix was unaware of any news when working that type of deal. If they were those lawyers need fired on the spot.

There's no way Netflix was unaware of any news when working that type of deal. If they were those lawyers need fired on the spot.

How much business do you expect Netflix to actually lose from this? You think WWE fans are going to be so outraged over some Vince McMahon sex scandal that they will stop watching? I mean Penn State encouraging child rape didnt turn PSU fans away but you think Billy Bob in Connellsville is going to stop watching Raw now?

How much business do you expect Netflix to actually lose from this? You think WWE fans are going to be so outraged over some Vince McMahon sex scandal that they will stop watching? I mean Penn State encouraging child rape didnt turn PSU fans away but you think Billy Bob in Connellsville is going to stop watching Raw now?
None. I don’t think Netflix cares or else they wouldn’t have made the deal. The wrestling fans are more worried about who’s going to win the title at Wrestlemania.

There are performance and ethics clauses that were likely violated and may have a detrimental effect on the "brand". Vince McMahon knew the issue and did not disclose it to his new owners. If I am Netflix, I go back and get some money based on that deception.

There are performance and ethics clauses that were likely violated and may have a detrimental effect on the "brand". Vince McMahon knew the issue and did not disclose it to his new owners. If I am Netflix, I go back and get some money based on that deception.

They can probably do that, but anyone watching WWE isn't going to suddenly stop now. Plus, they gave Vince the boot.

Just to be clear, the ACC’s TV deal brought in $445M last year, not $240M. It’s very likely that by the time the WWE’s Netflix deal starts in 2025, the ACC’s revenue from the ESPN contract will be around the same number.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT