ADVERTISEMENT

New 2023 Softball Recruit

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Amhari Braden, a P-OF from Mountain View HS in Georgia has committed to Pitt per her Twitter account. She is a lefthander who throws pretty hard per a video posted on her Twitter account. I couldn’t find any statistics on her. She is a member of the Extra Innings Extra Elite Top 100, but they have a number of Top 100 teams (e.g. top 100 in the state, top 100 outfielders) and I couldn’t find out which one.

In an interview a few months back, she listed her “dream” colleges, which basically was a list of the top softball programs in the country. I suspect that her size (5’4) kept her from getting offers from those programs. It seems like they want their pitchers 5’8 or taller. Clemson, which just started it’s softball program in 2020, recruited 7 pitchers in 2020 and 2021, and every one is at least 5’10.

She wants to major in sports medicine, so for her future career, Pitt is a much better choice than any of her “dream” schools.

It seems like Pitt’s recruiting has gotten better since they hired the new assistant coach earlier this year.

Reactions: Pitt MD
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT