ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit?

Never heard of this kid,actually took a little while to even find any info on him,seems we’re his only FBS offer

"While the Northwest High School product’s list of offers isn’t quite awe-inspiring, his speed should be. In his original tweet announcing the roster move, Narduzzi noted that Woods runs a 4.38-second 40-yard dash. That happens to be a tenth of a second faster than the time former Pitt cornerback Avonte Maddox posted at the NFL Scouting Combine back in March.

Maddox’s 40 time ranked seventh among all cornerbacks at the combine, so adding a player of comparable quickness is an impressive achievement. While Rivals and 247Sports both consider Woods a three-star recruit, he fits the mold of other potentially underrated talents Narduzzi has brought in during this cycle whose contributions may well exceed expectations."

https://www.cardiachill.com/2018/7/...erback-germantown-james-madison-flip-narduzzi

Reactions: freddietee511
VA also offered.

In addition to James Madison, Woods held notable offers from Army, Navy, Temple, and Virginia as well as a number of FCS schools.

His offer sheet looks a lot like Kenny Pickett's when he flipped to Pitt.

The good: good grades, fast 40. Decent film.

The not as good: one P5 offer, flipped from JMU.

Reactions: Pitt-Chains
JMU (14-1, FCS) lost to North Dakota St 17-13 in the National Championship game last year! Pitt went into OT with YSU (4-4, FCS)! Maybe, just maybe Pitt needs to steal some of the players from those FCS teams that are winning!

I don’t understand why you’d log out and post under this name a minute after. We get it, everything Pitt does sucks to do.

Put the three sad sacks on ignore: (Jpripper88, pittdan77, cashisking884) Your visit to the message board will be more pleasant, your IQ will stay at a high level, and you won’t waste time arguing with posters who refuse to answer your questions.

It’s too bad you can’t “ignore” their IP addresses. That way you could also ignore their aliases as well…

Put the three sad sacks on ignore: (Jpripper88, pittdan77, cashisking884) Your visit to the message board will be more pleasant, your IQ will stay at a high level, and you won’t waste time arguing with posters who refuse to answer your questions.

It’s too bad you can’t “ignore” their IP addresses. That way you could also ignore their aliases as well…
Everyone answers your "questions" but you ignore it because you don't like the answers and are too stupid to understand it.

It is amazing how dumb you, doubleAAs, and FireballZ are. Obviously none of you follow college football.

Reactions: pittdan77
I'm not so sure I'm buying that 40 time either...if he runs a legit 4.3, he'd have "better" offers. Hope he turns out to be great, but...

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Generally speaking I am good with a few Commits like this based on elite speed and also especially when they result from a kid camping at Pitt.

The problem is you also need a few higher end recruits as well and at this point they don't have that. We will never get a class full of 4 or 5 star kids but we need to get more than we currently do today.

Developing kids is great for the program and you can certainly build a strong foundation if you do a good job of developing kids for their 3rd, 4th and 5th years in the program. But having impact players like McCoy, like Fitz, like Baldwin, like Boyd, like Whitehead, etc.. sprinkled in is important. Obviously guys like McCoy and Fitz are on a level of their own but my overall point is you need impact players along with a solid foundation of development guys.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Just a guess to the verbal, but Wayne originally played in Canada and recently enrolled at Trinity. Wayne is under the radar, but did very well at the camps this summer.
There are lots of great players who are "under the radar" these days.

This guy is so far under the radar teams might have needed "sonar" to find him.
1200px-Egyptian_Navy%27s_Type_209-1400mod_submarine.jpg

If he's talented it's great that PITT gets him locked up!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Generally speaking I am good with a few Commits like this based on elite speed and also especially when they result from a kid camping at Pitt.

The problem is you also need a few higher end recruits as well and at this point they don't have that. We will never get a class full of 4 or 5 star kids but we need to get more than we currently do today.

Developing kids is great for the program and you can certainly build a strong foundation if you do a good job of developing kids for their 3rd, 4th and 5th years in the program. But having impact players like McCoy, like Fitz, like Baldwin, like Boyd, like Whitehead, etc.. sprinkled in is important. Obviously guys like McCoy and Fitz are on a level of their own but my overall point is you need impact players along with a solid foundation of development guys.
Agreed. This is also another example (like the LB from Florida) of a player who plays at a school where EVERYONE has seen him play, but EVERYONE has passed on giving him a scholarship. There is a big difference between that situation and finding someone at a smaller school or less recruited state or might have truly been under the radar.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Agreed. This is also another example (like the LB from Florida) of a player who plays at a school where EVERYONE has seen him play, but EVERYONE has passed on giving him a scholarship. There is a big difference between that situation and finding someone at a smaller school or less recruited state or might have truly been under the radar.

Yeah, I mean ultimately we'll see how he develops and what kind of player he becomes. I honestly have no idea on his past. Maybe he was hurt so teams backed off, maybe he played behind a couple other D1 kids, etc..

Ultimately the wins and losses on the field are all that matters. If HCPN can field a winning team with a bunch of 3 star kids he and his staff developed into good ACC players, then fine by me. I have said it multiple times in the past but I honestly don't pay much attention to *'s in the grand scheme of things especially if the team is winning. Obviously the more 4 and 5 stars you have the better the chances you have to get impact players but there are certainly some 3 stars and below that become really good college players.

Win on the field and none of this will matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT