ADVERTISEMENT

New Commit?

Are things going better now that ESPN made him a 4* recruit? I mean he's still the same player, right?
Yesterday he was a 3 star guy with sub-par offers, a reach. Tonight, he is a 4-star stud. That night's sleep he got last night must have been really awesome.

Thanks. That’s awesome. So much for all the narratives that “we had to steal a commit from JMU” and “he isn’t that good, only has speed.”

Yeah, it's not like ESPN, which is notorious for being the "camp" site of the 3 main sites, wouldn't slap a minimum 4* grade on somebody for just speed. That's never been the complaint people have had about ESPN's recruiting rankings. Nope.

Reactions: Jpripper88
It certainly helps perception, which is a very big part of recruiting.

Yep. ESPN is by far the worst of the recruiting sites. Which makes sense, they have like a staff of 2 or 3. So they tend to give great deference to camp measurables. Which has always been the complaint about ESPN recruiting rankings. They slap a 4* on somebody that runs X in the 40 or measures in at X at a camp.
But, ESPN is by far the best service to be rated a 4* in, because it gives your class the most notoriety nationally. So I'd be fine from that perspective with ESPN giving all of our guys a 4* rating. By all means. It would just be nice if Rivals or 247 felt the same way about some of them.

No, no no... that last star is actually an asterisk. He's a "3 star* prospect" - like Sibley. Pitt doesn't get actual 4 star players unless they have bad grades or behavior problems.

Reactions: Jpripper88
No, no no... that last star is actually an asterisk. He's a "3 star* prospect" - like Sibley. Pitt doesn't get actual 4 star players unless they have bad grades or behavior problems.
Sibley was actually the same rating/ranking case as Woods in regards to the services. You were right. Different circumstances led to that, obviously, but still the same result at this point.

Yep. ESPN is by far the worst of the recruiting sites. Which makes sense, they have like a staff of 2 or 3. So they tend to give great deference to camp measurables. Which has always been the complaint about ESPN recruiting rankings. They slap a 4* on somebody that runs X in the 40 or measures in at X at a camp.
But, ESPN is by far the best service to be rated a 4* in, because it gives your class the most notoriety nationally. So I'd be fine from that perspective with ESPN giving all of our guys a 4* rating. By all means. It would just be nice if Rivals or 247 felt the same way about some of them.
That is a good point. Easily the worst service in terms of evaluation (they literally don't have any evaluation/report of Woods, but do have a rating) but by far the most publicity.

247 hasn't evaluated him yet.

His composite will change once he's evaluated.

Well, he's no longer just a 3 star with a bunch of FCS offers plus Pitt. He's now a "ESPN says he's a 4 star" with a bunch of FCS offers plus Pitt and still has the lowest composite ranking in the class. So I don't know.

Last edited:
I have no idea why you are arguing about this recruit.
PITT has developed its own rating system.
moon-phases-Fred-Espenak-lg-e1464203296249.jpg

This is Huge!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT