ADVERTISEMENT

New NEW ND rumor

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Porter Moser to ND. Only hesitation is his 9 million dollar buyout. I never thought he made sense at Oklahoma but hiring him now makes zero sense at ND. More soon.

Other juicy rumor is Jamie to California

Oh wait. I thought Jay Wright was in negotiations. Admit it. You don’t know shit about anything.
Honestly, if Jay wanted to stay in college, I think Villanova was his spot. ND is not necessarily a step up. You never know, guys get bored and then may want a challenge. But I expect Wright to go into some sort of broadcasting/basketball studio show.

Honestly, if Jay wanted to stay in college, I think Villanova was his spot. ND is not necessarily a step up. You never know, guys get bored and then may want a challenge. But I expect Wright to go into some sort of broadcasting/basketball studio show.

I could see Jay at Kentucky soon. That's the type of job he comes back for. Maybe UNC.

Maybe he just wanted a few years off. These guys are competitive. They get the itch.
There’s also the possibility he was scared of what NIL was gonna do, how much they’d get at Nova and knows at a place like UNC or Kentucky you have whatever you need at your disposal. I definitely think Kentucky has a shot at him if Cal moves after next year

Reactions: Drew1208
Porter Moser to ND. Only hesitation is his 9 million dollar buyout. I never thought he made sense at Oklahoma but hiring him now makes zero sense at ND. More soon.

Other juicy rumor is Jamie to California
Damn. Moser really benefiting off that Sister Jean magic. I hope he’s donating part of his salary to the BVMs.

That point CAN'T be stated too many times.

Yeah I get that he might have needed time off but I’m not sure if Kentucky would be such a great landing spot. You’re expected to win NCs there, especially with his resume.

Yeah I get that he might have needed time off but I’m not sure if Kentucky would be such a great landing spot. You’re expected to win NCs there, especially with his resume.

So if he decides he wants back in, does he take Providence or Ohio State then? I don't understand that logic. He would take the best job available. He's a competitor

This tweet would indicate that is his plan, considering he is tight with this particular guy.
Interesting… perhaps. When he was first hired, I think I posted that I wouldn’t be upset if he eventually left because that (most likely) meant he won here. If he gets us back to the tournament, he would’ve left this program better than how he found it.

Interesting… perhaps. When he was first hired, I think I posted that I wouldn’t be upset if he eventually left because that (most likely) meant he won here. If he gets us back to the tournament, he would’ve left this program better than how he found it.
There’s certainly some pieces here for someone to work with. Ultimately I don’t think he will. He’d be leaving for similar pay/job just buying years.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
There’s certainly some pieces here for someone to work with. Ultimately I don’t think he will. He’d be leaving for similar pay/job just buying years.

We are in agreement on this one. I think if you asked Capel last March if he'd leave for another job if he had a decent year in 22-23, he would have said absolutely. But he probably would have thought that maybe he makes the NIT or squeaks into the NCAAT. The way things are going, he might just win the ACC or even get to the Sweet 16 and he has miraculously built something that can be sustained as Hinson, Fede, twins, and Jeffress return, and the recruiting class (especially if we include Dior in there if he's here) is one of the best ever at Pitt. Get a few good transfers next year and it could be another really good year. That said, he's in a weird position because he's probably only 2 bad seasons away from potentially being fired. Lets say 23-24 and 24-25 are bad. 22-23 will look like just a lucky year. So moving buys him years but also comes with more uncertainty so not sure that's worth it to him.

Also, his options if he wants to explore them are limited. He won't be offered a better job than Pitt. Now could GT be interested? Yea but they would be firing a coach very similar to Capel so I kinda doubt he'd ultimately get hired there. Lets say Chris Collins moves on or Earl Grant, yea I could see NW or BC being interested but does he leave for those? I guess one maybe to keep an eye on is Wake if Forbes upgrades. But there's so few places that make sense for both parties. Now he could have a lot of high major options but would he take a job at George Mason or Loyola or East Carolina or South Florida or some place like that? I doubt it. If VCU or Richmond came open, I could see him being interested.

We are in agreement on this one. I think if you asked Capel last March if he'd leave for another job if he had a decent year in 22-23, he would have said absolutely. But he probably would have thought that maybe he makes the NIT or squeaks into the NCAAT. The way things are going, he might just win the ACC or even get to the Sweet 16 and he has miraculously built something that can be sustained as Hinson, Fede, twins, and Jeffress return, and the recruiting class (especially if we include Dior in there if he's here) is one of the best ever at Pitt. Get a few good transfers next year and it could be another really good year. That said, he's in a weird position because he's probably only 2 bad seasons away from potentially being fired. Lets say 23-24 and 24-25 are bad. 22-23 will look like just a lucky year. So moving buys him years but also comes with more uncertainty so not sure that's worth it to him.

Also, his options if he wants to explore them are limited. He won't be offered a better job than Pitt. Now could GT be interested? Yea but they would be firing a coach very similar to Capel so I kinda doubt he'd ultimately get hired there. Lets say Chris Collins moves on or Earl Grant, yea I could see NW or BC being interested but does he leave for those? I guess one maybe to keep an eye on is Wake if Forbes upgrades. But there's so few places that make sense for both parties. Now he could have a lot of high major options but would he take a job at George Mason or Loyola or East Carolina or South Florida or some place like that? I doubt it. If VCU or Richmond came open, I could see him being interested.
He won’t stay at Pitt. He could go to a school that offers way more NIL money and recruit at a much higher level than he can at Pitt. He has to hope and pray he gets transfers that work out like he did this year. I think it is a moot point because I don’t think he will for sure replicate the success he has had win the us roster of players during the next few seasons.

He won’t stay at Pitt. He could go to a school that offers way more NIL money and recruit at a much higher level than he can at Pitt.

Which of those schools take him after this year? You think like NC State, Ohio State, Illinois, programs like that go after him after one good year?

SMF drew this:

6fdd64a7c835b8325065b72e6fbfe59fb9-09-family-drawing1.2x.rsquare.w190.jpg

Reactions: Drew1208
He won’t stay at Pitt. He could go to a school that offers way more NIL money and recruit at a much higher level than he can at Pitt. He has to hope and pray he gets transfers that work out like he did this year. I think it is a moot point because I don’t think he will for sure replicate the success he has had win the us roster of players during the next few seasons.
Oh I don’t think he leaves this year except for possibly GT. No other comparable job is opening that will go after him.

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT