ADVERTISEMENT

New NEW ND rumor

SMF drew this:

6fdd64a7c835b8325065b72e6fbfe59fb9-09-family-drawing1.2x.rsquare.w190.jpg
Explain. You lost me

Which of those schools take him after this year? You think like NC State, Ohio State, Illinois, programs like that go after him after one good year?
Nope. He needs at least 3 good years with at least one big NCAA Tourney run. What I am saying he of can leave for a better job he will.

I think Capel’s in an interesting spot. He’s said over and over again how he has always wanted to coach in the ACC, and I tend to think he’s being sincere. It’s an opportunity that his dad didn’t have, and I think it personally means something to him on top of it being his comfort zone. That isn’t everything, of course, but he has that opportunity here and I think it’d be tough to leave.

So you’d be talking about another ACC job…but the problem with that is that a decent chunk of the ACC jobs that are better than Pitt aren’t going to hire a Duke guy because they all hate each other. Like, NC State’s a better job, but they’re not going to hire a Duke guy.

So at that point, as insider said, you’re going to an identical or slightly worse job just to reset your clock. And I think he believes - probably correctly - that with another solid year next year or the year after, he can basically reset his clock here without going anywhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT