ADVERTISEMENT

New RTC athlete to be announced soon

Italianpittbull

Walk-on
Gold Member
Apr 17, 2017
once announced this former national champ and multiple AA was made possible with Nish
We need continued support like this to bring us forward
This will make a club coach and three athletes on payroll under the PWC
Please if your proud of our direction please donate to this
You can definitely see how your donation helps
H2P

RTC needs more donors. With this new addition, we have half a dream team to work with our kids. It has helped recruiting already. We need to add the other half. H2P!

Reactions: Ryno53 and bwh05
Weight class with no RTC coach. Coach Gavin hopes to eventually have all Olympic weight classes covered by a RTC coach. We're half way there.

Nico, is an absolute HUGE get for the Pitt Wrestling Club and Coach Gavin. Not only is he a national name, and lends even more credibility to the training center. Watch how it effects local recruiting. The perfect local kid who gives Pitt instant Street Credibility. Best of all, in wrestling, to get to the highest levels you need great training partners. Sullivan and Philippi are going to benefit "Big time". Pitt program is def moving in the right direction.

PWC's site is pittsburghwrestlingclub.com. Like thom67 said, there is a donate button so it's real easy to be part of this effort. Things have moved pretty fast for us in the past year but we still have a long way to go. Hate to do a Penn State comparison but they are the top of the heap here as well. In their 2015 tax filing, their club shows $5.7 Million in assets, 8 times as much as the #2 club, Iowa. We are way behind but, finally, making progress. A club is solely reliant on donations so we need more people to get involved.
Omega, on costs, others can chime in here but from what I understand there are 2 parts, an annual salary, which can range from, say, $15,000 to $35,000, plus travel and other expenses to national and world tournaments.
Let's estimate the math here and I'm doing this off the top of my head. If the average RTC coach costs $25,000 and there are 8 (?) Olympic weight classes, then RTC needs a recurring annual donation pool of $200,000 to fund a full team of coaches. That's not a lot money needed to make a real difference, like what attracting Nico does for recruiting. These are charitable donations so, if you can afford it, set aside $1000 - $5000 a year for PWC. Or more. It will help a lot.

Reactions: upitt98 and omega
PWC's site is pittsburghwrestlingclub.com. Like thom67 said, there is a donate button so it's real easy to be part of this effort. Things have moved pretty fast for us in the past year but we still have a long way to go. Hate to do a Penn State comparison but they are the top of the heap here as well. In their 2015 tax filing, their club shows $5.7 Million in assets, 8 times as much as the #2 club, Iowa. We are way behind but, finally, making progress. A club is solely reliant on donations so we need more people to get involved.
Omega, on costs, others can chime in here but from what I understand there are 2 parts, an annual salary, which can range from, say, $15,000 to $35,000, plus travel and other expenses to national and world tournaments.
Let's estimate the math here and I'm doing this off the top of my head. If the average RTC coach costs $25,000 and there are 8 (?) Olympic weight classes, then RTC needs a recurring annual donation pool of $200,000 to fund a full team of coaches. That's not a lot money needed to make a real difference, like what attracting Nico does for recruiting. These are charitable donations so, if you can afford it, set aside $1000 - $5000 a year for PWC. Or more. It will help a lot.
Thanks for all you have done on this front.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT