ADVERTISEMENT

Next Years Away Games

poconopanther

Redshirt
Jul 5, 2001
yes we did go 3-2 on the road this year with wins against Duke, Ga. Tech and Syracuse but next year the road tilts will be more challenging. For some reason we have to travel early in the season to Marshall (wonder what AD made that 1-1 series several years ago).Doc Holiday on their level always has his team around the 8-10 win cycle and it will be their big home game for the year so it wont be as easy as you would think but we better prevail because e must start out 3-0 next year before the ACC schedule starts. We also visit Florida twice to play Miami and FSU and even though both programs are down they basically are both loaded with four star talents and they will be a big challenge especially when you consider our lack of success against Miami. The other two road games are at NCarolina and Virginia. It will be year two against Mack Brown and QB Sam Howell and their recruiting is now top twenty so this game will be a battle. Virginia will lose Perkins and some defensive personnel but they recruit well and Mendenhall is an excellent coach an motivator. If we don't lose anybody from the defense early to the league we should be in every game provided that the offense gets its act together .

We will not beat Marshall in their Super Bowl. This is maybe the dumbest home and home we've ever scheduled.

We will not beat Marshall in their Super Bowl. This is maybe the dumbest home and home we've ever scheduled.
Unfortunately because we cant guarantee lucrative 'buy games' like the powers do I expect to see a few more of these 1-1 series with non power five opponents. It was a year ago when Heather said she was close to announcing a number of ooc games but other then a few games that dripped out on other sources nothing from her office. I wonder if she has been having difficulty getting 'buy games' ? We have more short term schedule openings coming up than most teams do.

Unfortunately because we cant guarantee lucrative 'buy games' like the powers do I expect to see a few more of these 1-1 series with non power five opponents. It was a year ago when Heather said she was close to announcing a number of ooc games but other then a few games that dripped out on other sources nothing from her office. I wonder if she has been having difficulty getting 'buy games' ? We have more short term schedule openings coming up than most teams do.

I'd play Duquesne and RMU home and home. Their "home games" would be at PNC Park and would be a neat environment for what would normally be a yawner. There you go, those are free games.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
I'd play Duquesne and RMU home and home. Their "home games" would be at PNC Park and would be a neat environment for what would normally be a yawner. There you go, those are free games.
Neither of those teams give out enough scholarships to count the win towards bowl eligibility so it's not going to happen. Also any game at PNC Park no matter who is designated as the "home team" is stupid, wedging a football field into a baseball diamond so there's horrible sight-lines when there's a perfectly fine football stadium a stones throw away makes no sense.

Neither of those teams give out enough scholarships to count the win towards bowl eligibility so it's not going to happen. Also any game at PNC Park no matter who is designated as the "home team" is stupid, wedging a football field into a baseball diamond so there's horrible sight-lines when there's a perfectly fine football stadium a stones throw away makes no sense.

WVU is playing Duquesne.

Plenty of college football games are played in baseball stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT