ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Before yinz start fitting him for a yellow jacket, you might do well to investigate what has been written about his deficiencies, particularly at left tackle. I, agree, he is better suited at guard and should have a successful career in the NFL, bearing in mind that this is a Tomlin team, where player development is a mere afterthought.

Yep...put a bunch of crap around him and expected him to succeed. The Steelers totally butchered the entire situation...BUTCHERED!!
How long will this KP hangover last?
I can't wait to follow his All Pro career. If he is indeed that good the cream will rise to the top.

If the Steelers hadn't taken him, where do you think he would have ended up, and what round?
Not first round, that's for sure.
He had a good year for us and we did well with him and JA leading the way.
But he's graduated and is on his own now. If he's an NFL starter caliber QB, he'll ball out somewhere. All power to him, time will tell.

You can stop posting about his money. Has nothing to do with anything. You're a broken record.

Yeah, the Steelers gave KP a shot with the worst OC in modern NFL history and an OL of which 60% was in need of replacement and a #1 WR who they let go for peanuts.

Again, not saying he played well enough to keep his job. I just think it's silly to blame him 100% and not accept that the team has now admitted through their actions that they put a ton of crap around him in key positions and expected him to perform despite that. We are not talking about a TE here. It was totally unrealistic that a rookie or 2nd year QB would succeed with an OC, 3/5 OL - including both OTs and the C - , and WR1 that all needed replacement.
KP is a professional football player.
The Steelers are a professional football team.
THE PLAYERS GET PAID. It is ALL about the money!!
The more money the better!!

If the Steelers were such a bad situation for KP, he could have pulled a Jim Kelly or John Elway and refused to sign. Take his chances elsewhere.
Tomlin liked what he saw with KP and gave him a chance. It didn't work out. Both sides moved on. Win/Win.
KP took his $16 million guaranteed contract with him. He doesn't have to take another snap in the NFL to be set for life.
Such a raw deal!!!

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
How long will this KP hangover last?
I can't wait to follow his All Pro career. If he is indeed that good the cream will rise to the top.

If the Steelers hadn't taken him, where do you think he would have ended up, and what round?
Not first round, that's for sure.
He had a good year for us and we did well with him and JA leading the way.
But he's graduated and is on his own now. If he's an NFL starter caliber QB, he'll ball out somewhere. All power to him, time will tell.

Well, that's what I keep coming back to. Pitt fans think they know some secret about him that no one else does. These coaches in the league talk. They've seen the film on him and know how to adjust for the circumstances. They've seen what special QBs look like in practice. And look what value he fetched in the trade. Wasn't much.

There was 5 tackles taken before him ( which makes him the 6th tackle taken in the first 20 picks. Steelers under Tomlin has been terrible in offensive line picks.

They should have went with the stud corner from Toledo. He was rated the number one corner and would have been the first player at his position to take. Him and Porter at corners could have let the defense be much more aggressive.
Being the 6th tackle taken doesn't mean he was the 6th best tackle prospect in the draft.

The Steelers have taken 6 offensive linemen in the first or second round under Tomlin. You seriously think this group is "terrible"?
Maurkice Pouncey
Marcus Gilbert
David DeCastro
Mike Adams
Broderkick Jones
Troy Fautanu

Well, that's what I keep coming back to. Pitt fans think they know some secret about him that no one else does. These coaches in the league talk. They've seen the film on him and know how to adjust for the circumstances. They've seen what special QBs look like in practice. And look what value he fetched in the trade. Wasn't much.
He fetched what the market bears for such a QB…as Washington and Chicago found out too.

ESPN has New Orleans taking Jackson Powers tonight before the Steelers and then the steelers taking Washington’s #2 receiver (Polk). They then have SF taking Frazier from WVU.
PFF has the NYG taking Zach Frazier 47th, the Oregon center still available when we pick 51st but us taking the Michigan WR instead.

C and WR both glaring holes, I couldn’t question filling either one of those at 51.

ESPN has New Orleans taking Jackson Powers tonight before the Steelers and then the steelers taking Washington’s #2 receiver (Polk). They then have SF taking Frazier from WVU.

Polk goeth and Polk cometh (pretty sure he's brothers with the one who just transferred from Pitt).

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I know we're beating a dead horse with Kenny but for a guy who got basically 100% of the blame from media and fans for the Steelers offense being bad in 2022-2023, I find it noteworthy that the Steelers have quietly moved on from 4 other offensive starters, 3 of them OL (Chuks, Cole, and Moore) and 3 with years remaining on their contracts (Cole, Moore, and Diontae).
And that’s a huge testament to Khan/Weidl (Weidl in particular since he was responsible for Philly’s interior strength on both sides). In hindsight, Colbert really dropped the ball his last few years in charge.

If the Steelers select a WR, I want Troy Franklin.
I mean they have to get one tonight somehow.

I’m getting nervous, teams keep trading up but so far both centers are still on the board.
I’m disappointed that powers-Johnson is gone. That changes everything. We may go receiver? But the Bungles need one too and pick before us. I really like Adrian Mitchell from Texas.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Giants about to ruin our night?
By drafting the hoopie? If we draft him we are reaching a bit out of need. He’s in the 60’s as far as best player available. If he’s available I wouldn’t mind taking the best player available and then trading up to get a center with our 3rd pick.

Give me the Hoopie. Let's get nasty up front. The way this second round is going, it'll be some dude no one ever heard of.
A lot of value available if you look at best players avail. I wonder why Mitchell (wr) has dropped. He’s a 1st round prospect.

want to get tricky, they could take Adrian Adonas and then move up to get Frazier.
220px-Adrian_Adonis_with_rose.jpg

Who the f#ck is in charge of these highlights? Two Drake Maye games against Pitt. A Joe Alt game against Pitt. Two Frazier games against Pitt. Please chill out with this stuff; NIL is bad enough.

A lot of value available if you look at best players avail. I wonder why Mitchell (wr) has dropped. He’s a 1st round prospect.
Mitchell supposedly has character issues, to the point that some teams took him off their draft board regardless of his talent.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT