ADVERTISEMENT

Noah Collier

Pretty major on Collier. His name came out of nowhere. Pitt, Cal and Clemson. Beatable group. I hope Pitt would take him and not bank on their other targets committing necessarily. 8/30 will be a huge weekend.

The link to the article said Cal-Berkeley, not Cal

Stoned_e16f74_512585.gif

Don't worry plenty of people make the mistake. If you talk about politics or anything educational the school is usually referred to as Berkeley. If you're talking sports it's Cal.

Reactions: mo cheeks
Wonder if he’s higher on the list than Elijah Taylor. I don’t think they’re setting up officials this early with guys who aren’t prime targets.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Collier still has Cal and Clemson in later September, so maybe Pitt will try and get Taylor in for another September game. Unless I missed it, not sure when Collier plans on deciding..
The staff seemed to prioritize Taylor as well and then last night, Collier's name comes somewhat out of nowhere, at least to me.

Yes he is a Top 100 and Taylor is still on the rise but I'll take either one to go along with Hugley if we get him.

Wonder if he’s higher on the list than Elijah Taylor. I don’t think they’re setting up officials this early with guys who aren’t prime targets.

Yes he is a Top 100 and Taylor is still on the rise but I'll take either one to go along with Hugley if we get him.

Yes we need two bigs--so if a guy has the physical attributes (i.e., girth/wingspan/strength) to play as if he is 6-8+ bigman rather than solely that of a 6-7 wing he would be a great addition.

Would be great to have Hugley / Collier / Timberlake / Bridges all here on OV On 8/30 and commit together.

Sorry just woke up that was a dream.

Reactions: Tonyt66
Collier’s slipped a bit since last year when he was a consensus top 100 guy. Cuse had been pretty heavy on him and backed off along with a few other schools, so that’s a bit concerning. I think he saw the writing on the wall with a few of his preferred destinations and is trying to accelerate his decision.

I’d still like to get him in here. He’s a big body that can move and play in transition, which fits our style. I don’t know if the ceiling is terribly high, but the game is trending towards rotational bigs versus 1 or 2 studs, which is a role I could definitely see Collier filling for us

Reactions: bigdog4630
Collier’s slipped a bit since last year when he was a consensus top 100 guy. Cuse had been pretty heavy on him and backed off along with a few other schools, so that’s a bit concerning. I think he saw the writing on the wall with a few of his preferred destinations and is trying to accelerate his decision.

I’d still like to get him in here. He’s a big body that can move and play in transition, which fits our style. I don’t know if the ceiling is terribly high, but the game is trending towards rotational bigs versus 1 or 2 studs, which is a role I could definitely see Collier filling for us
I agree with this. At the end of the day, Collier as a second forward in this class will likely be filling George’s scholarship spot to be the fourth forward on the roster in 2020 and beyond along with Brown, Coulibaly, and 2020’s other forward (who I think we all hope and think will be Hugley). I think even the most pessimistic Pitt fan would agree that Noah Collier would present a titanic upgrade over Samson George.

Please if he comes here will you come on here and admit that you were wrong like a real man and say JC is a Great coach?
Well that would be a recruiting win. If his aau coaches have any say, and they made him go to prep school, they will go to the school of his choice,

There’s no reason this kid shouldn’t be in a college program right now

Did you forget he's going to a Prep school who's coach loves Pitt and there staff! As for him being in college already you know a lot of kids who think they can go to the NBA want to come out of school as a one and done and be more mature already.

Well that would be a recruiting win. If his aau coaches have any say, and they made him go to prep school, they will go to the school of his choice,

There’s no reason this kid shouldn’t be in a college program right now

Did you forget he's going to a Prep school who's coach loves Pitt and there staff! As for him being in college already you know a lot of kids who think they can go to the NBA want to come out of school as a one and done and be more mature already.
Lol. The prep school has zero say in this one.

If the kid thinks he’s an NBA player, this makes his decision to delay college and listen to his aau coaches even dumber. He’s delaying his payday and taking away a year of earning power

Lol. The prep school has zero say in this one.

If the kid thinks he’s an NBA player, this makes his decision to delay college and listen to his aau coaches even dumber. He’s delaying his payday and taking away a year of earning power
Why are you so sure about his AAU influence?

Reactions: Tonyt66
Why are you so sure about his AAU influence?
Listen, if AAU coaches want a job out of someone or other inducements, they hang onto a kid that has no other influences as long as they possibly can.

Considering these same dopes tried to shop Oscar Tshibwe around when he was destined for WVU 5 years ago when he was discovered by his handler should tell you everything you need to know.

They are either looking for assistant jobs or money off this kid.

Yes. Hugley is about as much of a lock as you can get. Other than that they’re in great position with a lot of prospects.
Not trying to bust your balls. I would rather someone says "very highly unlikely" than an absolute "no way" because sometimes shit happens.

Listen, if AAU coaches want a job out of someone or other inducements, they hang onto a kid that has no other influences as long as they possibly can.

Considering these same dopes tried to shop Oscar Tshibwe around when he was destined for WVU 5 years ago when he was discovered by his handler should tell you everything you need to know.

They are either looking for assistant jobs or money off this kid.
The chance of these wildcat select coaches getting a seat on a P5 bench out of this is basically slim to none.

Did not realize that. I assumed we had less of a chance because of UNC and Arizona involved
Not saying we definitely get him, but my sources back in the burgh say if family stays put, which is definitely likely, would be Pitt, ND and UNC. Very intelligent kids with a mother who is a school teacher, education very important. Obviously we have to see how his senior education plays out.

The thing that worries me about Puff is expectations. I didn’t think he had a very efficient summer, most games shooting as many times as he had points, and I think Cam’s great senior year may have had a lot to do with his ratings bump.

People forget Cam shot 32 percent from 3 as a 23 year old junior at UNC and has trouble finishing against stronger players. I could see the same type of career trajectory for Puff but it will take a while for the light to quick, in my not so humble opinion.

Reactions: Elsalvador
Because AAU owns high school recruiting.
If the kids go to a regular high school, I agree. 5th years a lot of times get kids from AAU programs with a promise they’ll stay out of the recruitment. Raises profile of all parties involved.

Super high schools like Monteverde oak hill Huntington have a lot of say where there kids go, but if kid goes to a normal HS typically aau coach is the main influencer

Reactions: rockypanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT