ADVERTISEMENT

Northwestern going hard after Lyke

I'd hope they were having the conversations now. The way things are, you have no chance to compete without an NIL war chest. You pretty much need a sugar daddy that makes Bickell look like me.

If reports that OSU spent $20m on football NIL this year are true, it's only going to get worse.
I'm certain it's being discussed with every new development. I think you try to hold things together long enough to see what shakes out by the time 2028 rolls around. I don't think anything is off the table but I don't see much use of trying to dump more money into a program that can't compete because it lacks boosters that can support it at that level.

What's so confusing? The initial question was where could Pitt spend more on football. The answer is direct the donation to Alliance 412 for football.
Oh, you're clear enough. But the doofus' answers seem to focus more on other things - although he obviously has no clue.

The confusion is that donors' funds are not unlimited and must be allocated to various needs. The answers are confusing about where the focus should be.

I'll add something. The pay for staff. The last two defensive coordinators for PSU have been former P4 head coaches. They don't come cheaply. Our most recent coordinator hire came from FCS. While I love thinking outside the box on Bell, this is still a riskier (and much cheaper) hire than going out and spending the money on a proven coordinator or previous head coach at this level.

Also programs in the SEC add former head coaches as "analysts". This would take money as well.
Narduzzi has said that salaries for his staff have not been limited by the AD.

I will never believe that tarps is what will save Pitt football or somehow make it better. But I also don't think it matters because I don't think the school has any control over that.
Exactly. Its almost like people think that viewers are too dumb to know that there are empty seat under the taps.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT