ADVERTISEMENT

Not that it really matters

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Baylor over Oregon St 88-72 vs Pitt over them by 76-51.

Now, if Florida beats Baylor, Pitt’s optics will be better.

Nebraska beat them by 21, which beat Duquesne so Pitt > Duquesne. But I fully expect a gators win tonight.

I don't quite get all the Florida love.

They have some nice players. I like Kugel & Clayton a lot. Samuel too. (almost forgot about him) Their other bigs are okay. Certainly nothing special there.

They look like middle of the pack SEC team. They do have really good depth.

Last edited:
I don't quite get all the Florida love.

They have some nice players. I like Kugel & Clayton a lot. Samuel too. (almost forgot about him) Their other bigs are okay. Certainly nothing special there.

They look like middle of the pack SEC team. They do have really good depth.

Well, the SEC is an excellent league so middle of the pack means possible Sweet 16. Its not like the ACC where middle of the pack sends you to the NIT.

Florida is really good. 2 "NCAA-elite" level guards. 2 really good bigs. This is a 4-5 seed team.

Baylor over Oregon St 88-72 vs Pitt over them by 76-51.

Now, if Florida beats Baylor, Pitt’s optics will be better.

Baylor vs Florida tied at the half.

Tyrese Samuel is killing Baylor just like he killed Pitt. 9 points, 3 rebounds, 3 steals and zero missed shots

Zyon Pullin has 11 points and 2 assists at halftime. No way Virginia beats Florida with Pullin playing. None. His 3rd game back, 3rd big time performance.

Condon eating Baylor up on defense. I told you guys this 7 foot freshmen was skilled.

Now for Baylor,

They are shooting almost 60% from 3 in the first half with 8 made threes. We all know that isn't going to stick in the 2nd half, they are lucky they are tied right now all because of hot shooting the 3 and

They have successfully scored at a high level with dribble penetration for layups, interior dumps for easy finishes, or kickouts to wide open 3s. It was the same dam strategy I said to use in the pregame thread I posted on this board against Florida, go after them with dribble penetration to set up the offense and Capel let our guys shoot long distance jumpers all day long. Dribble penetration is why Baylor's offense has been clicking. But they are going to need to stay hot from 3 to beat Florida I think.

14-3 run by Florida over the last 4-ish minutes of the half to over come a large Baylor lead.

And that lead was built all because of 3 point shooting. If Baylor shoots 8-14 in the 2nd half in this game from 3, Ill take the L in this thread whether they win or lose this game.

And that lead was built all because of 3 point shooting. If Baylor shoots 8-14 in the 2nd half in this game from 3, Ill take the L in this thread whether they win or lose this game.

It wasn't meant as some sort of "you take an L" post, it was providing some context for people who weren't watching.

Reactions: Vader_Storm
Well, the SEC is an excellent league so middle of the pack means possible Sweet 16. Its not like the ACC where middle of the pack sends you to the NIT.

Florida is really good. 2 "NCAA-elite" level guards. 2 really good bigs. This is a 4-5 seed team.
What the hell is "NCAA-elite" level?

Who are the 2 really good bigs? Samuel The Marshall transfer that is out tonight? Condon, Haugh are promising freshman, I'll give them that.

Is the SEC really that good? I'm not convinced. They have been stacking up a lot of Ls this week.

Last edited:
Interesting, the announcers said Clayton has an illness right now and had an IV. He had 28 points against Pitt and is 1-8 shooting in this game and hasn't been all that close in some wide open missed shots. Clayton just got pulled.

Florida is to physical. They let them get away with it in this tournament. I wouldn't touch them in the NCAA Tournament tho. They would have guys with 4 fouls by halftime the way they call games so tight.

Well they are bringing him back in, so let's see what happens.

He's just not right. Clayton just picked up his 4th turnover of the game.

I thought he was just tired in the first half. Im glad the announcer mentioned he is sick because it makes more sense now.

Good Game.

Baylor is going to hang on. Clayton is now air balling 3s and missing free throws. Clayton was a 95% free throw shooter last year.

He was unstoppable against Pitt. No where near the same player against Baylor with his illness. He is 3-12 shooting, with 2 more missed free throws, and 4 turnovers.

Baylor is shooting 56% from 3 to finish the game out. They needed just about every one of them to win.

Good Game.

Baylor is going to hang on. Clayton is now air balling 3s and missing free throws. Clayton was a 95% free throw shooter last year.

He was unstoppable against Pitt. No where near the same player against Baylor with his illness. He is 3-12 shooting, with 2 more missed free throws, and 4 turnovers.

Baylor is shooting 56% from 3 to finish the game out. They needed just about every one of them to win.

Baylor 56%
Florida 30%

Funny how that works.

Games today involving P6 teams

VT 39%
ISU 23%

UNC 43%
Ark 29%

PSU 32% (loss)
But 31%

OU 46%
USC 39%

Pitt 26%
OrSt 10%

Good Game.

It was a ver good game. Highly entertaining.

Good thing Kugel had a horrible game against Pitt. He played much better tonight.

It was a ver good game. Highly entertaining.

Good thing Kugel had a horrible game against Pitt. He played much better tonight.
It was a fun game to watch live. Watched Pitt game and hung around for the 2nd game. Both teams have some really nice guards that are big and strong enough to get in the lane and finish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT