ADVERTISEMENT

Nov. 14 Thursday

How many on here would watch the Steelers on TV over attending the home Pitt game? This would affect the casual "walk-up" crowd, but not getting much of that for UNC on Thursday night. Who would watch Pitt over the Steelers on TV if you are out of town? I would watch Pitt because I find it difficult to actually watch an entire NFL game anymore. It just doesn't entertain my anymore.

It will keep the casual pitt fan from going. They wil stay home and watch both on tv vs going.

Of course, you could argue that the casual pitt fan was going to stay home and watch pitt on tv regardless.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Pitt and Steelers both play.
That wont help attendance.
Last year the Arizona Cardinals and Arizona State both played home games on the same Thursday night. I was thinking how stupid that was, but maybe the NFL is doing it intentionally. Sucks for the fans.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
How many people in Pittsburgh are going to watch the Pitt UNC game over Steelers Browns? 20,000? Lyke needs to pull some strings and get this game moved to Friday or Saturday.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
How many people in Pittsburgh are going to watch the Pitt UNC game over Steelers Browns? 20,000? Lyke needs to pull some strings and get this game moved to Friday or Saturday.

I will be watching Pitt on TV rather than the Steelers!

The NFL pulled this crap on purpose!

College football is dumb for playing Th. night games opposite the NFL, and putting the pro and college teams from the same city on at the same is moronic. The Steelers can’t be too happy about only getting 3 days inbetween games either.
I actually wish that the NFL would get stop playing Thursday night games. Every single team hates playing those games and their ratings for those games are very poor compared to the rest of the NFL’s ratings.

However, the show you the power of the NFL, even their poor ratings are significantly stronger than even an exceptionally high rating in college football.

Pitt is going to have a very difficult time attracting fans that night, there’s just no doubt about that.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I actually wish that the NFL would get stop playing Thursday night games. Every single team hates playing those games and their ratings for those games are very poor compared to the rest of the NFL’s ratings.

However, the show you the power of the NFL, even their poor ratings are significantly stronger than even an exceptionally high rating in college football.

Pitt is going to have a very difficult time attracting fans that night, there’s just no doubt about that.
Me too. I loved Thursday Night college football games. Now Goodell and his ever insatiable quench for greed has stolen this. But this is downright disrespectful and the Steelers should have put up a protest, and not allowed it.

pitt attendance on thur night is terrible regardless.. the die hard pitt fan who travels in from out of state is most likely not taking a day off Friday and making it a 3 day weekend so you lose that group.. Too easy to say screw it, im staying home and watching it on tv. people wth little kids don't want to take their kids to a game where they'll get home at midnight..

So steeler or no steeler game, this attendance was gonna be weak. That's why I hate having em at home.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT